Page 90 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast

Thread: The Whatever Thread, part 4. Woot!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    That plane. So many conspiracy theories floating around out there. I have no idea what I think happened to it but I really believe that there is a scandal there somewhere. And I don't think it involves terrorism. I cannot see what purpose it could possibly serve as a terrorism thing at all. Unless it was a foiled terrorism attack...which might make someone (either the pilots or some very brave passengers) heroes. Someone knows something and isn't talking.

Oscar Pistorius. At first I was undecided. Murder suspects can be very genuine about their innocence. But this guy...wow. Living in a country with a high crime rate I understand his defence that he was afraid. My grandfather almost shot his own son and daughter in law one night because he thought they were burglars! My aunt almost shot the dog one night as well when she thought there was a ***man at the door. The dog was scratching himself while leaning on the door so it was rattling. We live with metal burglar bars on all our windows and doors, security guards or security systems (panic buttons and/or wired systems) on our homes, high walls around our properties. I very rarely go out at night. Security companies in Jamaica are totally unaffected by the worldwide recession because we cannot do without them for our offices and homes. South Africa's crime rate is legendary and living in that kind of fear does strange things to the mind. When you think there is a burglar at your door or in your house and you know that either they or you will end up dead or seriously injured or r a p e d, you just have no idea how you will react. Reason flies through the door.

Burger King has ackee and saltfish (our national dish) on its breakfast menu.They also have Fried Bammies (a cassava "wafer"). Everything else is pretty much the same. McDonald's had Fried chicken I think. The only thing I ever had was the Fries so I'm not sure if there was anything else. The problem with McDonalds was that when they came here there was already a Jamaican company named McDonalds. The Jamaican company had been operating for many many years in Kingston and had an established reputation. They served Jamaican food only. The American McDonald's sued them for trying to "pass off" their brand. The Jamaican company won the case as there was found to be no similarity between the two except the name. I suspect people didn't quite like that and so from the outset the support for the company just was not there. The other fast food chains - Burger King, Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Dominoes franchises are all doing quite well. I believe there may be a few Subways in Kingston as well. People support them all. Especially KFC. I believe we may have the biggest and busiest KFC in the world right in Montego Bay. Jamaicans love their fried something-resembling-chicken-but-which-may-not-really-be-chicken.
    Hadn't heard of those foods. Looks like I need to go to Jamaica to try them. I've always wanted to go to the Caribbean.

Grand Emperor
    I'm not sure what's going on with the plane either. They think they picked up the pings of the black box recorder again. Hopefully they can find it and we might know what happened.

On Oscar Pistorius, I haven't been following that.

Wow. Last night as I got home I thought to myself, "This is April. It isn't summer. It isn't August, June, July. It is April. WHY IS IT SO BLOODY HOT??!!!!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by chokdii View Post
    As much as I prefer hot weather over cold weather, every April I remember why I hate this month here. It's the hottest month of the year and it is too hot. I always come home drenched in sweat. All the other months are hot but not unbearably hot like April (it just zaps your energy). the only good thing about this month is Songkran. Can't wait to go out and throw water on random strangers for three days :-P
    Did I not till you guy back in January that you would soon be complaining about how hot it is where you are? Lol I guess it's true when they say "be careful what you wish for"
    The original copycats.

Contact me via PM

Please add me on bakery story, restaurant story, farm story, fashion story, pet shop story, and zoo story 2. My ID is copycats

Ketchup chips are delicious

So in school today I went on a field trip and extracted my DNA. So for those of you who are interested in seeing what your DNA looks like then I have written an instruction guide to how to extract your DNA here it is:

How to extract DNA
    You will need:
    Salt water
    Dixie cup
    Soap
    Ethanol
    Test tube or transparent container with a lid

1) put the salt water (10mL) in your mouth and swish agressivly for 30 seconds
    2) spit into the Dixie cup
    3) pinch the edge of the Dixie cup to make a spout
    4) pour the contents in the test tube and add 0.5 mL of soap. DO NOT SHAKE
    5) turn the cup upside down and right side up 10 times. Do this very slowly
    6) set test tube aside for 5-10 minutes
    7) pour in 1 mL of ethanol very slowly along the side of the test tube (you should see a very distinct layer between the two)
    8) set aside for 5 more minutes
    9) enjoy your DNA!

The DNA should be the white jellyfish tentacle like substance!
    Last edited by copycats; 04-09-14 at 01:01 PM.
    The original copycats.

Contact me via PM

Please add me on bakery story, restaurant story, farm story, fashion story, pet shop story, and zoo story 2. My ID is copycats

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    And take a picture.
    I will try.
    Sorry not accepting new nbrs on any games 🌸

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by copycats View Post
    So in school today I went on a field trip and extracted my DNA. So for those of you who are interested in seeing what your DNA looks like then I have written an instruction guide to how to extract your DNA here it is:

How to extract DNA
    You will need:
    Salt water
    Dixie cup
    Soap
    Ethanol
    Test tube or transparent container with a lid

1) put the salt water in your mouth and swish agressivly for 30 seconds
    2) spit into the Dixie cup
    3) pinch the edge of the Dixie cup to make a spout
    4) pour the contents in the Dixie cup and add 0.5 mL of soap. DO NOT SHAKE
    5) turn the cup upside down and right side up 10 times. Do this very slowly
    6) set test tube aside for 5-10 minutes
    7) pour in 1 mL of ethanol very slowly along the side of the test tube (you should see a very distinct layer between the two)
    8) set aside for 5 more minutes
    9) enjoy your DNA!

The DNA should be the white jellyfish tentacle like substance!
    At step 4 you have salt water spit in your Dixie cup. What do you pour into the cup? Or do you mean to pour the contents of your Dixie cup in the test tube?

What kind of soap do you use? Dish washing soap, liquid hand soap, or what?

For step 5, do you mean to turn the test tube upside down and right side up? If you still mean the Dixie cup, how do you get the spit to not come out?

Nightclub Owner
    Did I not till you guy back in January that you would soon be complaining about how hot it is where you are? Lol I guess it's true when they say "be careful what you wish for"
    Me? Wish for heat? Never! It's always hot where I am.

@nmishii you should come to the Caribbean. We have slippy slides and pools and the Caribbean Sea!

Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    At step 4 you have salt water spit in your Dixie cup. What do you pour into the cup? Or do you mean to pour the contents of your Dixie cup in the test tube?

What kind of soap do you use? Dish washing soap, liquid hand soap, or what?

For step 5, do you mean to turn the test tube upside down and right side up? If you still mean the Dixie cup, how do you get the spit to not come out?
    Step four: pour the contents into the Dixie cup

You use 10% soap or "super soap" as it was call. It just has to be something that can break up oils

You turn the test tube upside down and right side up to mix the soap
    The original copycats.

Contact me via PM

Grand Emperor
    Step four: pour the contents into the Dixie cup

You use 10% soap or "super soap" as it was call. It just has to be something that can break up oils

You turn the test tube upside down and right side up to mix the soap
    Um, okay.

I wanted to know since I was thinking about doing this with my nephew. I found a site that does this and also explains what's going on.

https://www.livescience.com/37252-dna...xperiment.html

Grand Emperor
    Me? Wish for heat? Never! It's always hot where I am.

@nmishii you should come to the Caribbean. We have slippy slides and pools and the Caribbean Sea!
    One day, I will. I was thinking of a cruise. When's the best time with the least chance of a hurricane or tornado?