Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Alpaca Update! 1-23-14

New Resident
    I am at the alpaca pen, but it states I need version 1.7 - hmmm - I am using 1.7.something. So, now what?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
    I am at the alpaca pen, but it states I need version 1.7 - hmmm - I am using 1.7.something. So, now what?
    Go into expansion mode,only way to open it up

Rhino Keeper
    Hey everyone! So I finally expanded to the Alpaca, and I only have one so far (don't really want to shell out 50000 coins)! I was wondering what you all do with the wool? Do you sell it? or make blankets and then sell it? I have 4 pieces and I'm at a loss of what to do!

Executive Chef
    I make blankets but you only get 220 coins for a four hour craft which takes 3 wool. It's really not worth it at all. I still only have one alpaca because it seems pointless to spend all those coins to buy another for such a tiny return.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by nicxole View Post
    Hey everyone! So I finally expanded to the Alpaca, and I only have one so far (don't really want to shell out 50000 coins)! I was wondering what you all do with the wool? Do you sell it? or make blankets and then sell it? I have 4 pieces and I'm at a loss of what to do!
    I usually try to stock up and keep raw material first so if my train comes in and requires raw material I can fill it. If it needs something made from the raw material, then I use my stockpile to make the needed train item.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    What do alpacas drop when u collect from them?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Aernak View Post
    What do alpacas drop when u collect from them?

One alpaca wool.
    Last edited by ciarjen; 03-14-15 at 06:32 AM.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Rhino Keeper
    I'll usually just save it and use it for deliveries cause the blankets take too long. I have 2 (accidentally bought one for 50,000 coins while trying to feed the first one ) so I usually never have too much excess, but if I do, I sell it! Sometimes the blankets pop up on the trains so I'll make it for that

Rhino Keeper
    LOL thanks! I would like to unlock them but that $50,000 is steep, esp because I am still saving up for the juicer, and deli, and a 2nd dairy, and third cows, and feeding silos 3&4.... LOL

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Aernak View Post
    LOL thanks! I would like to unlock them but that $50,000 is steep, esp because I am still saving up for the juicer, and deli, and a 2nd dairy, and third cows, and feeding silos 3&4.... LOL

I would suggest getting the 2nd dairy, more cows and the silos. All of these will add value to your farm and increase your profits.

The alpaca won't nor will the juicer and deli https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1065329

PS I have one alpaca and he sits face down in the mud. If I need the wool or blankets for the train, I just buy them. They are fairly easy to get and it is cheaper than buying the alpaca, feeding it and using the studio to craft the blankets.

If you want to spend coins on animals, then it is better to buy pets. These give random drops of parts, papers and gems....all of which, help you progress in the game and since they lowered the drop rate on plane deliveries, pets have become more important in the game.
    Last edited by ciarjen; 03-01-15 at 11:38 AM.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast