Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 160 of 160

Thread: Castle Story: Update 01/23/014 Fruit Crate Trade/Monster Traps

  1. #151
    Hey NWK,

    I know that the fruit trade doesn't look very useful. I do agree that since it also uses magic fruit, it kinda duplicates what the glimmerbulb trade does. I have used this trade because I tend to accumulate mushrooms and truffles without even trying, so I did have max of these for a while. The crop trade needs 60 strawberries and I don't usually have spare strawberries lying around, so I do grow them specifically for that trade.

    So all in all I'm saying, the trade is slightly useful, but not very. You're not missing out on much, but if you don't have anything else to do, you might as well. So yeah, I'd agree with ignoring it for a while.
    Cheers,
    Tollerach

    The "Castle Story Guide Wiki" at Wikia is under construction and looking for help. PM me for more info.

  2. #152
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Seeking advice from the older players....

    I asked this on the thread for the Fruit Crate Trade Upgrade but it's hidden in game guides & no one is seeing it, so I'm asking here in a new thread that's more visible...
    Mods, once answered, please merge with that thread or delete this one altogether. Thanks.

    I just hit level 26 & "Micro Managing" popped up. Reading through the whole thread for that update (1/23/14), I see the end result opens a fruit trade with the farmers that wants my precious magic fruit along w/truffles & mushrooms. I'm thinking I will probably never do that trade (even tho I currently need the trade tickets for tinker camp & expansions)... And it seems after visiting all these buildings in micro managing (two of which I still don't have cuz they cost too much), a picnic opens that wants a lot of my stashed items...sheesh.

    All to open a trade that I'm unsure I'll ever do cuz it wants magic fruit in exchange for reg fruit!?
    So, old players.... Ever do this trade much? Is it worth going through the entire quest to open the trade or should I just ignore Micro Managing & let it sit in my quest book? .... Thoughts?

    Ps Was it ever determined why Aggwynn mentioned mythic essence in that thread?..is it related to that quest line?
    This is the thread I am referencing:
    https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...-Monster-Traps

    Before you upgrade you get a trade ticket and 5 energy for exchanging 25 strawberries and 5 sugar. Once it has upgraded you need 60 strawberries, glimmerbulbs and magic fruit to get a trade ticket and 15 energy (I think, can't see mine at the moment to check).

    You need lots of trade tickets to open up the tinker camp and for expansions. Harvesting 60 strawberries alone stops me doing the fruit trade now. It's not worth using that amount of energy for a trade ticket. So make the most of the current fruit trade you have to get tickets fairly easily.

  3. #153
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    859
    I finished it used once, my problem is I don't want to let go of magic fruit because the last time I was low along came a quest that required them in large quantities and I only get 1 a day

  4. #154
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,086
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    Before you upgrade you get a trade ticket and 5 energy for exchanging 25 strawberries and 5 sugar. Once it has upgraded you need 60 strawberries, glimmerbulbs and magic fruit to get a trade ticket and 15 energy (I think, can't see mine at the moment to check).

    You need lots of trade tickets to open up the tinker camp and for expansions. Harvesting 60 strawberries alone stops me doing the fruit trade now. It's not worth using that amount of energy for a trade ticket. So make the most of the current fruit trade you have to get tickets fairly easily.
    I'm not talking about that fruit trade... I've already upgraded to the strawberry/glimmer bulb/magic fruit trade there (sadly) ... This one is about the fruit trade with the FARMERS

  5. #155
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,086
    Quote Originally Posted by tigarlilyvol View Post
    I finished it used once, my problem is I don't wart to let go of magic fruit because the last time I was low along came a quest that required them in large quantities and I only get 1 a day
    That is EXACTLY what I suspected!!, ...I now have 15 magic fruit, I think (got to magic garden 15 days ago) & had a feeling those lil once/day fruits would be needed for something more important, which is why I haven't used any in the other fruit trade, for energy.

    Good. To. Know. .... Thanks!!

  6. #156
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,086
    Quote Originally Posted by tollerach View Post
    Hey NWK,

    I know that the fruit trade doesn't look very useful. I do agree that since it also uses magic fruit, it kinda duplicates what the glimmerbulb trade does. I have used this trade because I tend to accumulate mushrooms and truffles without even trying, so I did have max of these for a while. The crop trade needs 60 strawberries and I don't usually have spare strawberries lying around, so I do grow them specifically for that trade.

    So all in all I'm saying, the trade is slightly useful, but not very. You're not missing out on much, but if you don't have anything else to do, you might as well. So yeah, I'd agree with ignoring it for a while.
    Ohhhhh, I have plenty to do right now lol ....PLENTY!!!

    Good advice & thanks, I'm convinced, not messing with Micro Managing...not falling for the baron's tricks THIS time, muwahahaha! Lol

  7. #157
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    I'm not talking about that fruit trade... I've already upgraded to the strawberry/glimmer bulb/magic fruit trade there (sadly) ... This one is about the fruit trade with the FARMERS
    No it's not used much wait until you are tired of looking at the goal setting in your box starring at you each time you check to see how much more is to be done.

  8. #158
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,086
    Quote Originally Posted by tigarlilyvol View Post
    No it's not used much wait until you are tired of looking at the goal setting in your box starring at you each time you check to see how much more is to be done.
    LOL!!! ...yeah, that's prolly what I'll do lol...get to the point where everything is done and only thing staring me in the face is Micro Managing and Cooking Caravan ..and I'll do em just cuz I'm bored lol .... But let's hope new updates and new levels and new expansions and and and keep on coming from TL so we NEVER get bored! (One can hope, right?) lol

    Thanks to everybody. *thumbs up*
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 03-02-14 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Typo

  9. #159
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    113
    Mine has been sitting in my quest bok since I go to level 26 but I've not had the buildings to be able to complete it. I'm just now getting to building the last one I need (amphitheatre) and will go ahead and do the trade once it's built just to get the quest ticked off. I tend to grow other crops rather than strawberries so at least the magic fruits will be used.

  10. #160
    Host(ess)
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    22
    So the "micro managing" quest just showed up in my log today. It seems like it should have some sort of back-and-forth between me and the Baron, but...I got nuthin'. I know this is really trivial, but I enjoy the little discussions before the quests. Does anyone know what it said (or IF it said anything)? This has happened to me several times recently...no fun back-and-forth...just something randomly showing up in my log like I should already know it's there. It doesn't even say "new."

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •