Thread: Unread Posts Gone

Rhino Keeper

Unread Posts Gone

Not sure where to post this, but this is a problem with the forum itself. This is a problem I've had with vBulletin forums forever. I thought it was solved, but it just happened today. Randomly, all the unread threads will get marked as read. No rhyme or reason, just boom, all read. Any trick or setting to prevent this from happening? I've never liked vBulletin because of this.

Executive Chef
    Not all Vbulletin forums are like this..... it just depends on how the owners set the "marking as read" settings in their admin control panel.

I agree the way they have the settings here is a pain. I miss so many threads/posts because they all get marked as read.....sometimes I only have to catch up on one thread which may take a while to read, to find all the other threads marked as read.

I would be good if we could have the posts/threads marked as unread unless they have actually been read.

The Honorable Panda
    Moving thread to "Off Topic" forum.

This will sometimes happen to me too, if when I first login and go through my PMs first thing. I normally will try to read through the threads first, then I go back and answer my Pms .
    Not sure why this happens.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    No-one accidentally clicking "Mark as Read" in the settings?

Rhino Keeper
    It seems like it happens more often when I am looking at threads in two or more tabs.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 01-25-14 at 02:50 PM. Reason: discussing third party forum