Thread: Troll Essence

Rhino Keeper

Troll Essence

So, I haven't even been able to start on the Adamant quest line, since I only have 17/20 Troll Essence.......and not a single troll has shown itself in my kingdom, in spite of harvesting cocoa, glimmer bulbs, collecting from Thurston, etc....all their usual haunts.

Is there any other way to get it? Does the Troll Pit drop essence? Or is that only as part of a fortune?

Trolls pop up for me most often when collecting from buildings....I usually collect from several one right after the other & there they are.

Rhino Keeper
    I have 15/20 and i'm in the same boat. I keep just going around and around collecting, and half of the trolls that have appeared lately haven't even given me troll essence, just horns and other junk.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by maz3girl View Post
    I have 15/20 and i'm in the same boat. I keep just going around and around collecting, and half of the trolls that have appeared lately haven't even given me troll essence, just horns and other junk.
    I got 1 today still waiting...

Rhino Keeper
    I am trying to collect 20 for the Grisela storyline, and I am at 17 - can't imagine ever getting enough to start the adamant line.....
    I haven't seen a troll in since two days ago (let alone have it drop essence!), despite continually collecting from coin buildings, cocoa beans, glimmerbulbs, mines, and chopping rocks......and I check my game CONSTANTLY during the day. I know I don't have another monster hidden that is preventing the troll popping up, because I click on a cow, chicken or strawberry and a fangbeast pops up no problem!!! Grrrr!
    I am sure they will come, and patience is a virtue, right ?

Rhino Keeper
    I think my Manticores drop Troll Essence, a jar of green stuff.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylly2 View Post
    I think my Manticores drop Troll Essence, a jar of green stuff.
    They drop Mysterious Venom which is not the same as troll essence but even more rare.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by vednir View Post
    They drop Mysterious Venom which is not the same as troll essence but even more rare.
    But not much use for at the moment

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks vednir and cityfan, I hadn't realised the difference, things zoom off and all I saw was the green.
    I have 45 of the mysterious venom, I hope we can use them one day.