Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Data Usage amounts

New Resident

Data Usage amounts

I have dragon story installed on a phone.

Is there any way to track data usage in app? (or out?)

The wifi here cuts out over night and so if Dragon Story is calling home it does so on the cell network during the night. Similarly, it would be pulling data whenever I am out wandering away from wifi.

My cell network usage is surprisingly high and I can't imagine what else it might be. Nothing else is really installed. Since data costs, this becomes an issue. Should I ditch Dragon Story or is there (I hope) a way around it.

Thanks.

Fashion Designer
    I was out of town for the holidays and had no wifi. Since I'm hooked on DS, I used my data. When I received a message that I had already used over 65% of my data, I went into settings and turned off my data. Then I realized that I could set up my DS to only be able to open with wifi and not use data. Hope that helps you out. I still have it set up that way because my data usage won't reset until the 20th. Good luck.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMzB4Life View Post
    I was out of town for the holidays and had no wifi. Since I'm hooked on DS, I used my data. When I received a message that I had already used over 65% of my data, I went into settings and turned off my data. Then I realized that I could set up my DS to only be able to open with wifi and not use data. Hope that helps you out. I still have it set up that way because my data usage won't reset until the 20th. Good luck.
    Is there a way to do it on iOS?

It usually takes 12-17 mb to check all my 9 accounts once. So if check them which it takes 500 mb monthly
    Feel free to add me in Dragon Story,Fantasy Forest Story,Restaurant Story 2 and Bakery Story 2
    My ID is KittyMur

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    Is there a way to do it on iOS?
    From the Home screen:
    • iPhone: Choose Settings > Cellular.
    • iPad: Choose Settings > Cellular Data.

Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    I did find that option on my phone, but that would turn off all cellular data completely. I want texts and email/web browsing/maps and small apps like that to still work. I guess there's no way to turn off the data for TL games individually? Other apps have that option. I might just have to uninstall all TL games then..

Rhino Keeper
    On my iphone when scrolling down in the cellular data screen there is a list of apps which use celldata, turning the switch on or off could solve your problem.
    Hopefully the dutch version has everything in the same spot

(From top till bottom menu on my phone: cellular data, 3g, dataroaming, cellular datanetwork, personal hotspot, call time, usage of mobile data, and last *most usefull* use celullar data for *all apps which require data online*)
    Still looking for friends, add me I play daily multiple times: doto92ok also for my babyaccount: ikkeeeeeeeee

I think one way to minimise data usage is to avoid loading new image data unless on wifi (checking album, feeding\evolving past evolution boundaries, latching eggs, placing new habitats, viewing event progress, visiting neighbours, logging into other accounts). I save all these actions for when I am on wifi. Also if you don't switch between different applications too much and keep DS in the background the game doesn't have to sync when you bring it back after a few minutes. I had to give up playing several other TL games as I'm on an older device with lower memory available. I play CS, DS and FS actively and I probably chew through a bit over 500 MB in a month (i don't follow the above rules as strictly).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by doto92ok View Post
    On my iphone when scrolling down in the cellular data screen there is a list of apps which use celldata, turning the switch on or off could solve your problem.
    Hopefully the dutch version has everything in the same spot

(From top till bottom menu on my phone: cellular data, 3g, dataroaming, cellular datanetwork, personal hotspot, call time, usage of mobile data, and last *most usefull* use celullar data for *all apps which require data online*)
    Yup. All my other apps on that list have an on/off switch for cellular data, but TL games don't even show up on that list at all! They need to add that so that we can turn off Cellular data usage for certain games when we want to and turn them back on when we don't.

@JustKay - I get what you're saying, but basically there's no reason to even open the app if I'm not going to play it and do anything that I want to do in it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    Yup. All my other apps on that list have an on/off switch for cellular data, but TL games don't even show up on that list at all! They need to add that so that we can turn off Cellular data usage for certain games when we want to and turn them back on when we don't.

@JustKay - I get what you're saying, but basically there's no reason to even open the app if I'm not going to play it and do anything that I want to do in it.
    that's odd, in my list Dragon Story does show up nice and neat at the "D"
    Still looking for friends, add me I play daily multiple times: doto92ok also for my babyaccount: ikkeeeeeeeee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast