Thread: Level 66

Executive Chef

Level 66

Tips?

It's the level in which you must free 4 caged fruits in 40 moves. Each cage is vertically below it's matching key, about 7 lines apart. There are also tree stumps blocking the cages.

It's usually easiest to work from the bottom up on these caged fruit levels. Since you have more than one caged fruit to deal with here, it's best to examine the board to see which one might be best to start with. Actually, you have to begin getting the bottom stumps out of the way first...then it's easier to tell how things will look after that. Here's a screenshot of how Level 66 looks when you start (only 38 moves now):

(Sorry, having issues with my screenshots/Photobucket app changes, etc. Will be adding more photos later. In the meantime, though, check out some of the other caged fruit levels. There have been quite a few, and many have tips & screenshots that can help you with this level: Level 14, Level 82, Level 94, and a few others...)
    Last edited by Phaedrakiki; 03-26-14 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Add screenshot, edit info

The previous post shows a screenshot of how the level starts. These screenshots are from the same round (I'll edit in more info when I have time--wanted to post these pics finally!) This is an example of how you can pass the level.

At first, it's important to start breaking down the stumps--so the purple match against them (in prev. post pic) is a good 1st move. You have to get the stumps out of the way so you can get fruit in those spots. The fruit color needs to match the caged fruit at the bottom. Most caged fruit levels are easiest if you work them from the bottom up. The matches in the photos below help break the stumps, which is mandatory for the first step in starting a fruit chain (FC) leading from the caged fruit upwards, towards the key.

The first colored fruit that dropped into place next to its matching caged fruit was red. So I worked to remove "non-red" fruits/FC's, to get them out of the way and encourage more reds to drop into place. After a few moves, the red caged fruit is connected to its key:

Next is the green:

The purple key & caged fruit are connected:

After clearing the purple, and a couple other matches, the yellows are lining up nicely. Looks like I'm getting close, and only need to move a few more purples out of the way:

But for some reason, it took me quite a few more moves to get the last caged fruit connected to its key. (Forgot why, now--been a long time since I played this round!) Anyway, the level's finally won!

Last edited by Phaedrakiki; 03-26-14 at 12:54 PM.