Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Update 01/02/2014 Faeire Respite

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petasos View Post
    You need to read this thread CoalCountry, that was supposedly changed today.
    TL should have CLEARLY stated this in the beginning, when people were using gems on these trees, that they could eventually be stored. That is nothing less than deceitful. Actually it was not an intelligent move on the part of TL. People may have bought even more trees, knowing they could be partially chopped then STORED! I certainly didn't want Christmas trees sitting around all year, so I chopped them all down!! TL needs to get their act straight on a lot of things!

Executive Chef
    I'm checking on the Christmas tree storage issue.

Rhino Keeper
    I do not think they intended them to be stored. I think they are implementing a request from us, the users. If you look back and read the Xmas tree update thread you will notice that most posters pleaded to TL to allow us to store them. This is likely them being nice and fulfilling our request.

That being said we have two users that said they can store them and Kooky Panda saying to restart if you can't. There were no release notes on Xmas tree storage either. Can anyone else confirm storage of their tree(s)?

Farm Supplier
    For what it's worth, I just checked storage ability on my three, unchopped Christmas trees, one of each level, and I CANNOT store any of them. I'm on iPhone 4S and I manually closed the Castle Story app and restarted my phone to be sure.
    Last edited by judyluvs; 01-02-14 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vednir View Post
    Wow, definitely a long term quest looking at the build and upgrade costs. Apparently there's a quest requiring glimmer shards coming next week so it may be wise to not spend all of your resources on this quest. After all since it's not time limited there's no rush to finish it.
    Which quest is this? Maybe I missed it while reading through the forum's posts. Can someone update me? Thanks
    Happy New Year Everyone!

Executive Chef
    Yes , especially the 10 silver plates (each 30 silver plus 5 jewels if i remember right ) plus 100 more jewels.... perhaps i have to sacrify my beloved dark cave formations collection ? :-)

(Check it on ZX71 my main acc )

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mikado86 View Post
    Calling all Faeries
    White Petal 0/50
    Blue Petals 0/50
    Purple Petals 0/50
    Orange Petals 0/50
    Red Petals 0/50
    Glimmerdust 0/50
    Summon the Faeries 0/1 (Visit Magic Garden)

Foreign Objects
    Longsword 0/10
    Light Armor 0/10
    Silver Platter 0/10
    Chocolate 0/10
    Ivy's Hot Sauce 0/10
    Jewels 0/100

Symbol of Friendship
    Place the Faerie Respite 0/1 (100k gold coins, market)
    Materials:
    5 Ornate Block
    3 Magic Cement
    5 Ornate Beam
    3 Enchanter's Essence

added to post 2-KP
    Ok.. so a combination topic reply
    * begin vent whine *
    First above.. all i see is silver .. silver .. more silver.. OMG 10 platters is 200 silver!! gahhhhh and more silver still . I'm still making sweet feasts for burning ember adventures *doom* *apocalypse* *eternity* etc..
    * end vent whine *

hurray! not timed!!! I can handle this. Long running quests like this are acceptable by me when I can see progress after a day or so of effort. I love that feeling of accomplishment towards a goal and the reward is beauty as well.

Also I'd like to put a word of appreciation to both the mods and development team for Castle Story. I stopped playing in May of '13 and returned around thanksgiving so i don't know everything. With the Christmas trees able to be stored and the freeing of the faeries quest, I feel like these are both excellent examples of community feedback (even with a lot of it negative at times) becoming part of the game play. So. from one programmer to all of you. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by vontalken; 01-02-14 at 11:28 PM. Reason: grammer is not my strong suit

Banned
    Dunno where to throw the info below so I'll borrow a post here...

Classic X'mas Tree
    mithril, wood, glimmer dust
    energy, sap, living wood
    wood x 3 (what the heck?!)
    wool, wood, prime cut (maxed out)
    wood x 3 (what the heck?! x 2)
    wood, enchanted block, glimmer dust
    mushroom, sap, wood
    wood, apple, white pedal
    white pedal, ice cream, bread
    sap, super glue, jewel
    wood, coal (LOL), didn't chop the 3rd time

Winter White Tree
    magic fruit, mithril, wood, wood
    earth wisp, adamant, mushroom, noodles
    glimmer dust, energy, lemon, stone block
    wood, stone block, energy, didn't chop the 4th time

Grand X'mas Tree
    white dye, stone block, enchanter's essence, architect's paste, didn't chop the 5th time

Was the items I got above worth my 500000+ coins and the 90 gems spent? Nope. I had better drops with the classic x'mas trees over the holidays though. I remember that I got a few feasts (didn't keep track of my items back then), but still, nothing too spectacular that I can't cook / mix myself. The only two special items I got were two white dyes...

I see that they have taken the ability to store these trees away now. I'm gonna leave these trees in a corner of my kingdom where I won't chop them down by accident...
    I tried today and the trees were storable (I saw the storage button), but now when I try again they are not storable. But it's okay. I don't mind leaving them in a deserted corner of my kingdom where I put my unchopped stones LOL.
    Last edited by CLOVERKAITO; 01-03-14 at 12:17 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Sorry I'm still on ivy' hut

Rhino Keeper
    Hi Aggwynn,

The Faerie Respite looks wonderful. So happy to have a quest line to welcome the new year! Thanks!

Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast