Page 14 of 119 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story Breeding Experiments/Theories Part IV

Rhino Keeper

Odds of breeding new dragons has dropped!

Ok, so I had some free time today, and thought that this might help the point I've been trying to make about the difficulty of breeding new release dragons since December. I took an accounting of my neighbor's dragons, and did a comparison of October and November's new releases with December and January's.

October-November
    (Dragon/ percentage of players with them)

Witch/ 13%
    Vampire/ 36%
    Zombie/ 9%
    Skeleton/ 12%
    Owl/ 16%
    Raven/ 19%
    Turkey/ 16%
    Cornucopia/ 34%
    Pumpkin/ 29%
    Spider/ 4%
    Boo/ 4%

December-January
    Santa/ 9%
    Tinsel/ 6%
    Hanukkah/ 16%
    New Years/ 10%
    Gingerbread/ 6%
    Cyber/ 4%
    Armor/ 1%
    Gadget/ 1%
    Trojan/ 3%
    Cerebus/ 0%
    Oracle/ 0%
    Double Rainbow/ 3%

If you take an average of these numbers, the percentage of new release dragons that have been successfully bred has dropped from 15% to 5% since the start of December, taking into account the variance of what dragons players are trying for.
    Last edited by Sylvrthrne; 01-16-14 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Readibility

Executive Chef
    Really I am totally agree with you I am able to get Santa tinsel gingerbread Trojan in Dec - Jan or nothing and these dragon took so many tries really especially Santa but I got it

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryLucky1 View Post
    Yee, Congrats!!
    Lol, i know im a lil bit funny but its a new dragon for me . I didnt get anything new lately.And thank you.

Rhino Keeper
    Kooky, I've been trying to have the drop in breeding rates addressed for several days now, and instead this issue keeps getting buried in this thread. From analyzing my neighbor's success rates, our odds of getting a new dragon has dropped by about 66%!

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrthrne View Post
    Kooky, I've been trying to have the drop in breeding rates addressed for several days now, and instead this issue keeps getting buried in this thread. From analyzing my neighbor's success rates, our odds of getting a new dragon has dropped by about 66%!
    I am sorry but we do merge common threads.
    Your post is current so other members if they choose can continue with this discussion.

To also clarify, the breeding design wasn't changed by TL to be lower, but as new dragons are introduced, the pool of babies you can receive increases , which is why it might seem like some Dragons are harder to get now. TL also has been rotating Dragons out regularly, some go on LTI and come back and some are constantly available.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Your post is current so other members if they choose can continue with this discussion.

To also clarify, the breeding design wasn't changed by TL to be lower, but as new dragons are introduced, the pool of babies you can receive increases , which is why it might seem like some Dragons are harder to get now. TL also has been rotating Dragons out regularly, some go on LTI and come back and some are constantly available.
    This is a great point. I actually like when TL makes older dragons limited to make room for new dragons. Then there are fewer breeding possibilities! And they can always bring them back for a weekend or special occasion. There are too many possibilities at this point that it is nearly impossible to get the dragon you actually want.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post

Kooky, thanks for the reply! Perhaps this could go as feedback to TL then, as there seems to be an imbalance with the current ratio of dragons? I have noted that there are many players who are getting very frustrated with the current breeding rate. (Admittedly, one of them is me ) My concern is that some of my neighbors are getting so frustrated, they are talking about leaving the game because of this.

The most enjoyable aspects of the game is the community and the challenge of collecting new dragons. It's not that we mind a challenge, that's what makes it fun! As experienced players, we also know that there are "dry" periods when we go weeks without successfully breeding a new dragon. However, when weeks turn into months, the balance tips, and playing the game becomes aggravating rather than enjoyable.

Rhino Keeper
    The rates have changed just compare the chances of getting snowman this year versus last year. Got 2 snowman as fails last year and most of my neighbours got it but when i read the snowman thread this year, noone yes not even one reported suceess. I dont believe the pool has increased and that cause a drop in rate because the chances of none breeding snowman this year is very low

Fashion Designer
    Hello my dear virtual friends! I usually get mad and frustrated when the things go wrong but in the last month i tried to be calm and patient. I used to spend LOTS of gold on speeding breedings and most of the times i ended up getting the wrong dragons. Anyway, someone on this forum told me to be patient and i will eventually get what i want. I listen her/his advice and i tried to be the calmest DS player in the world. However, in the last month i got ONLY 2 rare dragons ( a rainbow and a mindvolt ) and a super-rare ( a clockwork ). I do not know what is happening but there is something really wrong ! I tried for cerberus and i got ONLY mists, firestorms and corals ! And i tried for about 2 weeks every day. I even used the boosted breeding once and i ended up with another mist. I tried other combos, random combos just to see if i get at least another easy rare but NO ! i keep getting commons ! i mean, i really understand the concept of a common dragon ! we should breed these dragons very often BUT sometimes ( like after 4-5 or even 7 of them ) we should get at least a rare one ! in the last week i got 25 commons, and, in the last 24 hours i got 5 consecutive annoying dragons. I am telling you TL, this game is no fun when you get so many commons ! i am a patient guy, but this is 2 much ! i stopped buying gold because i am not a happy player ! not at all ! i do not know what is going on, i am not accusing TL, i am just reporting a REAL issue !

Let me give you an example : during the Halloween time, i managed to get skeleton, raven, 3 vampires and boo. i just missed spider ( i did not try for witch and zombie ) . i spent some gold, thats true, but at least i got what i wanted ! i also got cornucopia in just 3 days . after that, the things have changed ! i barely got chrome and metal ( took me 8 attempts to get a metal dragon ). Now its even WORSE ! i have never experienced such a HUGE amount of common dragons !

P.S : i just got a poison dragon while i was trying for hook. this is the 6th consecutive common after 3 life, 2 genie and 1 charm. i must say this is not fun..not at all !

@Kooky, could you please send TL a feedback regarding this problem? i know you are very busy and we all want something from you, but this is not only my problem ! there are LOTS of players experiencing the same issue ( but you already know that because you are a moderator and you read our posts ).

I am sorry for this long post. i just needed to share this with you because i am sure that i am not the only one with this problem. i also want to thank again to TL for the last summoning ( they did a great job with it ). But where is the fun when you get the summoned dragons but you cannot breed anything but commons? i DO NOT say that i necessarily want new dragons on my island but some rares ( even a wizard or a fairy would be fine at this moment for me even though i already have those ) and maybe once a week a super rare would be great ! i know that i cannot get all the dragons i want ( which is stupid because whats the point of playing a game where you suppose to collect all the dragons but whatever...i am fine with that ! ) and i understand that new dragons are tough to get.
    Last edited by jus7_me89; 01-16-14 at 04:44 PM.

Host(ess)
    I wonder if, as TL is working through the Beta testing for an upcoming release, minor mods made effected breeding ratios/percentages. Something quite similar happened during the phase between Dragon Story and DS New Dawn versions.

It almost became comical for me. Firestorm Units, Charm Companies, Island Brigades...enough Mindvolts to light Manhattan for a month...and a major Magic meltdown.

Life "got in the way" of playing DS until a few days ago.

What did I come back to?!? LoL! I think Magic and Island dragons have followed me to a new island and are trying to take over. Mindvolts are making a sneaky comeback, too. Glad for the Trading Portal and the Spell Shop. But oooooooh those breeding, hatching, and evolving times are a beast just to get a dragon into the Portal.