Page 37 of 119 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story Breeding Experiments/Theories Part IV

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrad59 View Post
    I somehow have Quetzal sitting on my nest. I thought this dragon was removed after the last limited release of it.
    Really? What did you breed?

Farm Supplier
    I breed Diamond to Quetzal shooting for Infinity.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai72 View Post
    Yes, another thread about the ever elusive diamond (which at level 104 I'm starting to think I'm never going to get...)

But, I'm hoping to go at this from another angle. I know there have been threads ad nauseam about combos that have worked and complicated theories, and I'm sure the mods could point me to a dozen places to look for those.

What I'm really wondering though, are what are some combos that you didn't mind failing at a hundred times? They don't even have to be combos that ended up getting you a diamond- just that they have the possibility, and in the fails you got some cool stuff.

And yes, I realize that every combo is going to have a couple of fail options that are undesirable (i.e. Island), and that is going to be unavoidable. I've just been trying the same mythic/scarecrow for so long and I'm tired of getting the same dragons over and over; it would at least be better to fail and hopefully get some different stuff in the process.

If such a thread already exists that doesn't include complicated theories about which dragon to put first, time of day, loops, iOS vs android, the debatability of the diamond temple, and the effect of the lunar cycle on gameplay, and someone could point me in that direction, that would be great.

Otherwise, I can go first:

Some great fails for the scarecrow/mythic combo were fairytale, honeybee, scorpion, and parakeet.
    Mythic/ scarecrow? Ummmm... Mythic is red/ yellow, Scarecrow is red/yellow/ green. U have only 3 colours involved and u need at least 4 for Diamond. Like for ex: green, blue, red, purple. Maybe thats why u never got it and ur fails were only yellow/ green/ red. 4 diff colours and Good Luck!!!A combo with 60 outcomes is lightning/ hunter or u can choose a diff black hybrid. Pink will split in white/ red and black in blue/ purple , plus yellow and green Very nice combo but idk if u have those 2 dragons.
    Last edited by LemonadeMouth173; 02-19-14 at 05:55 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonadeMouth173 View Post
    Mythic/ scarecrow? Ummmm... Mythic is red/ yellow, Scarecrow is red/yellow/ green. U have only 3 colours involved and u need at least 4 for Diamond. Like for ex: green, blue, red, purple. Maybe thats why u never got it and ur fails were only yellow/ green/ red. 4 diff colours and Good Luck!!!A combo with 60 outcomes is lightning/ hunter or u can choose a diff black hybrid. Pink will split in white/ red and black in blue/ purple , plus yellow and green Very nice combo but idk if u have those 2 dragons.
    Mythic counts as a single element, even though it breaks down to red/yellow. Kind of like how night is a single element but breaks down to blue/purple. So mythic/scarecrow can get you a diamond.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by danni7788 View Post
    Mythic counts as a single element, even though it breaks down to red/yellow. Kind of like how night is a single element but breaks down to blue/purple. So mythic/scarecrow can get you a diamond.
    Just to clarify this theory, I got my first diamond with justice/winter- if you broke that down to base colors, you'd only have red, blue, and white. So pink must have counted as the 4th color. So mythic/scarecrow also has 4 colors- mythic, red, yellow, green.

Executive Chef
    Just to clarify this theory, I got my first diamond with justice/winter- if you broke that down to base colors, you'd only have red, blue, and white. So pink must have counted as the 4th color. So mythic/scarecrow also has 4 colors- mythic, red, yellow, green.
    Yes, ure right. But its such a boring combo! And he/ she asked for a nice combo which includes a diamond fail possibility. As i said lightning/ hunter-76 outcomes like caesar, goblin, goodwitch etcetc. Good luck for all!!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonadeMouth173 View Post
    Yes, ure right. But its such a boring combo! And he/ she asked for a nice combo which includes a diamond fail possibility. As i said lightning/ hunter-76 outcomes like caesar, goblin, goodwitch etcetc. Good luck for all!!!
    Oh you're right!! I misunderstood the original question :/ my bad!

Fashion Designer
    Ced- I was thinking about what you said and I've been breeding night/nano. Am I right in thinking that I won't get magic, peacock, metal, etc... BUT i have gotten multiple Leo's (in a row- that's a fact, I'm so sick of them). This must be because black doesn't have to split to be in the pool. So that's the only single element you can get because of that reason, correct?

Fashion Designer
    To be concise- if an element splits, it won't recombine, but if it doesn't, it's fair game to form a new element.

Executive Chef
    To be concise- if an element splits, it won't recombine, but if it doesn't, it's fair game to form a new element.
    exactly! you got it! since leo is the only element that has to be made from an element that's been made from other 2 elements before (blue x purple = night), it is indeed possible to get leo from night x nano!