Page 36 of 119 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story Breeding Experiments/Theories Part IV

Diamond combos with decent fails

Yes, another thread about the ever elusive diamond (which at level 104 I'm starting to think I'm never going to get...)

But, I'm hoping to go at this from another angle. I know there have been threads ad nauseam about combos that have worked and complicated theories, and I'm sure the mods could point me to a dozen places to look for those.

What I'm really wondering though, are what are some combos that you didn't mind failing at a hundred times? They don't even have to be combos that ended up getting you a diamond- just that they have the possibility, and in the fails you got some cool stuff.

And yes, I realize that every combo is going to have a couple of fail options that are undesirable (i.e. Island), and that is going to be unavoidable. I've just been trying the same mythic/scarecrow for so long and I'm tired of getting the same dragons over and over; it would at least be better to fail and hopefully get some different stuff in the process.

If such a thread already exists that doesn't include complicated theories about which dragon to put first, time of day, loops, iOS vs android, the debatability of the diamond temple, and the effect of the lunar cycle on gameplay, and someone could point me in that direction, that would be great.

Otherwise, I can go first:

Some great fails for the scarecrow/mythic combo were fairytale, honeybee, scorpion, and parakeet.

Executive Chef
    How I got my diamond on both my games was while doing my regular breeding, I would pick 2 or 3 dragons that I really wanted, and made sure that there was at least 4 colours included, so the diamond was a very nice fail

Fashion Designer
    I was using night and nano because there was a chance of getting dark steel, gadget, deep, chrome, or New Years. I didn't get any of those.. But I got diamond!

Rhino Keeper
    I think this is different from the Diamond thread.

Rhino Keeper
    Unless there is a thread already about decent fails, I'd like to know what some decent fails are. I am on my 7th straight Magic Dragon trying for Leftheart and ready for some decent fails.

Rhino Keeper
    For Diamond tries id suggest using at least one tri color dragon in the breeding along with a dragon that has two or more different colors than the aforementioned tri color. U only need 4 to get a diamond and this way you will have 5 colors minimum for the algorithm to choose from.

Remember which colors split frequently(black etc) and stay away from colors that can give you those long fails.

[Removed third party tool comment]
    Last edited by kooky panda; 02-16-14 at 01:11 PM. Reason: discussing third party tool/forum

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rissah View Post
    I think this is different from the Diamond thread.

Agreed!

Farm Supplier
    I somehow have Quetzal sitting on my nest. I thought this dragon was removed after the last limited release of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai72 View Post
    Yes, another thread about the ever elusive diamond (which at level 104 I'm starting to think I'm never going to get...)

But, I'm hoping to go at this from another angle. I know there have been threads ad nauseam about combos that have worked and complicated theories, and I'm sure the mods could point me to a dozen places to look for those.

What I'm really wondering though, are what are some combos that you didn't mind failing at a hundred times? They don't even have to be combos that ended up getting you a diamond- just that they have the possibility, and in the fails you got some cool stuff.

And yes, I realize that every combo is going to have a couple of fail options that are undesirable (i.e. Island), and that is going to be unavoidable. I've just been trying the same mythic/scarecrow for so long and I'm tired of getting the same dragons over and over; it would at least be better to fail and hopefully get some different stuff in the process.

If such a thread already exists that doesn't include complicated theories about which dragon to put first, time of day, loops, iOS vs android, the debatability of the diamond temple, and the effect of the lunar cycle on gameplay, and someone could point me in that direction, that would be great.

Otherwise, I can go first:

Some great fails for the scarecrow/mythic combo were fairytale, honeybee, scorpion, and parakeet.
    I got my two diamonds with Fuzzy and Genie. The 1st Diamond I was well over level 130. I liked this combo because the possible outcomes were only 18. Really low compared to other dragon choices. Yes you still had the common fails but there were other fails that I did not have yet that I wanted to have such as: caesar, griffin, and leopard.