Thread: Diamond Temple Strategy

Lightbulb Diamond Temple Strategy

I read a great deal of negative feedback on the diamond temple when I was reasearching on the forums. I ran across only 1 that was very helpful and positive enough to persuade me to take the plunge. My cash funds are very limited, but I am at level 122 and still NO DIAMOND dragon after a multitude of failed attempts. I can't go any further in the Arctic lands as well. The key to the diamond temple is purchasing extra gems when they are on sale at 3.99. Save them up.. And when you have about 800 or so take the plunge. You need the extra gems to speed through the fails until you get a diamond. I used Porcelain and Night and got a Diamond on my third try. (I have since read that Goodwitch and Metal is a better combo and will save gems on fails. Rising sun dragon also has the red, white, blue combo btw.). I waited a day and sped it up. Another day and sped up the evolution. Then I bred Diamond to Forest. The only other combo is forest and it only takes 11 seconds. You will get a Quetzal. Then I went for Crusader. Again, the only other combo is Fire. It's only seconds so you will get Crusader. Mercury and Gold will require gold. Golds other combo is Air which is 2 hours. I was unlucky here and it took quite a few tries to get Gold but I did. Then I went for Mercury. The other combo is water, it's 12 hours. I got luck and got it on my 3rd try. By this time Quetzal had evolved and I went for Infinity. Breeding Diamiond and Quetzal the possibilities are forest, Infinity, and Quetzal. I got lucky again and got Infinity. I tried breeding Diamond and Dark Naga several times but kept getting Aethers. I never got the Dark Angel. Or Anubis. So.. Spending about $20 I managed to get Diamond, Quetzal, Crusader, Gold, Metcury, and Infinity using the Diamond temple for a week. If you just buy it and expect to get a Diamond on you first try ., chances are you will fail. It's only a 6x greater chance so you have to play the odds. . Happy with my experience with the temple!
    Oh.. And having 2 nests is a must! If you don't have 2 nests you will need more gems to speed up hatching time. Due to the average 44 hours, the 2nd nest allows you to breed the Quetzal and Crusader roughly at the same time.
    Last edited by PrincessYville; 05-29-15 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Last minute breeding!

That was a really helpful post. Thank you for taking the time to write it! It took me until I was over level 100 to get my first diamond too, but now at 150 I also have Quetzel, Crusader, Mercury, Anubis, and Gold. I've thought about trying the temple for Unicorn, Angel, and the others, but I agree that the comments on here didn't make the diamond temple sound promising. Maybe I'll give it a try though!

Nightclub Owner
    But if you just keep on trying, you'll get Diamond type dragons, all of mine were bred without the diamond temple, and I have all of them except Helios and Diamond Prism
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Farm Supplier
    I have activated my temple twice. I have 16 Diamonds total and the hybrids I'm missing are Diamond Prism, Prism, Helios, & Dark Angel. I'm going to have to reactivate it again. I've tried over 100x for Diamond Prism (no temple, of course) & I've had it.

With my 1st temple, I got my Diamond on day 3 or 4 because I was an idiot & didn't speed through my fails. Lol. I spent 132 gold to speed the breed time, egg, & evo, though. I then tried for the tough hybrids: Unicorn & DA/BD. I ended up with Diamond, 2 Unicorns, Crusader (Unicorn fail), & Gold (Helios fail). I got everything else w/my 2nd temple, except for Quetzal & Infinity, which no one needs a temple for.

Note: if you're gonna get the temple, don't waste it on easy hybrids like Crusader, Quetzal, Infinity, & Gold. You can breed these on your own. They are super easy & will take you about an hour each, so save the temple for hybrids you know you don't have a prayer of getting. Only Gold will take longer, but don't try for it. You will get Gold as a Helios fail, trust me. You will also get Mercury & Anubis as DA/BD fails, so there's no need to try for them separately either.

Success w/the temple is about time management & also about learning to recognize your breeding patterns, as this will save you a lot of gold. The trick is knowing how many fails to allot before switching combos & how many Diamonds TL is willing to give you per day. Most people only get 1 Diamond per day, but I've seen more. For me, I'd get my Diamond & then the rest of the day would be junk. All the new dragons I got came before the Diamonds. So I spent most of my gold speeding through fails pre-Diamond & very little afterwards.

Here are the combos I had success with:

Diamond #1: Melody & Landworm
    Diamond #2: Mercury & Moon
    Diamond #3: Unicorn & Double Rainbow
    Crusader: Diamond & Virtue
    Infinity: Diamond & Quetzal (no temple)
    Gold: Crusader & Mythic
    Unicorn #1: Crusader & Virtue
    Unicorn #2: Diamond & Mask
    Mercury #1: Crusader & Night
    Mercury #2: Gold & Night
    Angel: Quetzal & Kitsune
    Anubis: Angel & Lotus
    Black Diamond: Diamond & Deep

Host(ess)
    I wait until I have 400 gold available and activate the diamond temple + breeding roost at the same time. They both last a week, so I get twice as many tries for my diamond hybrids. I breed Diamond + something on one, and Infinity + something on the other.

I didn't even know what a diamond dragon was. I got one today though I'm only level 13. Guess I'm lucky. What's so special about them though? I bred a wild and mist dragon both around level 7 to get it