Page 82 of 119 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story Breeding Experiments/Theories Part IV

Executive Chef
    Yes, TL took out all the fun with the Olympus dragons. It's an Olympus dragon. I bred 2 of them with that combo.

Rhino Keeper
    Not sure where to post this. I'm sure some would say, "why is she complaining?", but I'm really frustrated with breeding. I tried many many times, endless combos, with zero success to breed horizon, I actually got an Anubis and still no horizon. I don't always use a diamond or diamond hybrid to breed either. Today I decided to try for Pixie, since I skipped it when it was released. I did decide to use two diamond hybrid combos, and after third attempt I have 40 hours, it's another Anubis or an infinity. My grief is that why does it seem easier these days to breed ultra rares before rares and super rares? I've tried for horizon, pixie, archon, triple rainbow and others countless times without using a diamond and still nothing, go to try with one and get an ultra rare.

Have been playing since last February and it used to be that if you tried to breed something using a diamond it seemed to help your probability of getting a rare or super rare. This doesn't seem to be the case these days. I just don't get it? My island is full, I really don't have space for a lot of duplicates, even ultra rare duplicates. I have 2 Anubis already, so where will I put a third? It's always disappointing to think, gee this is great to get but I shouldn't have gotten this, so what do I do with it now? The trade for an ultra rare is hardly anything at all. I think some glitter dust, so it's pointless to evolve it to trade it.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, I'm just really frustrated with breeding and don't understand why the odds for breeding rares and super rares have to be so difficult that it's easier to get an ultra rare. It's leaving me feeling confused and uncertain of what to do next. Maybe it is finally time to rethink this game, because the new vision of breeding is lost on me. I wish TL would explain just what the new vision is all about and how they'd like us to succeed in this brave new DS world, because I'm feeling pretty discouraged at this point. I just hate walking away from all my hard work and effort to build up my game.
    Last edited by jaesha; 08-12-14 at 08:14 AM.

Executive Chef
    I think the fact that it is (unless it's nerfed now) so easy getting Diamond hybrids - Mercury and Gold especially - is because of a TeamLava BrainFart - a mistake.

As for the breeding system overall i am all with you jaesha, i find it very frustrating - for example that joke of a "boosted breeding" - but i guess all in all it works the way it works so that many players will go spend money on gold to succeed. The trick is to lower your expectations, i've done that and i like DS a lot better after i quit expecting joyous moments from it, no matter if it's from spin wheel or breeding....whenever those joyous moments occur it's a nice surprise!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MakJulos View Post
    I think the fact that it is (unless it's nerfed now) so easy getting Diamond hybrids - Mercury and Gold especially - is because of a TeamLava BrainFart - a mistake.

As for the breeding system overall i am all with you jaesha, i find it very frustrating - for example that joke of a "boosted breeding" - but i guess all in all it works the way it works so that many players will go spend money on gold to succeed. The trick is to lower your expectations, i've done that and i like DS a lot better after i quit expecting joyous moments from it, no matter if it's from spin wheel or breeding....whenever those joyous moments occur it's a nice surprise!
    I'm with you also, MakJulos. I'm one of those players that doesn't get diamonds or their hybrids very easily- so it was actually fun for a change to get something I was trying to breed. It took me 9 months to get another diamond hybrid, eventhough I was trying the whole time. If I try to get anything- then I don't get it. I think a lot of players feel this way.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chalupa2030 View Post
    I hope you get what you don't have! Good luck and come back and let us know
    Of course it was Winter. The only one I already had! Oh well..if at first you don't succeed....!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chalupa2030 View Post
    I don't think forestfire is expired ~ but could be wrong. There are are 16 possible choices with that combo, none with 7 hours!

How exciting! Come back and let us know!
    Quote Originally Posted by redstar177 View Post
    Forestfire is expired. You got an Olympus. They changed the rules recently so that you can get an Olympus when breeding an Olympus type with a diamond type
    Yeah, it was an Olympus...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MakJulos View Post
    It's changed now! As soon as I read this on the forums, I tried diamond Poseidon and got another Olympus. Diamond ares is getting me one more too... Wish I had read the forums earlier! Might have got gold or mercury before it got changed!

Did i break the record by having a diamond dragon at level 12

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hellohi12345678 View Post
    Did i break the record by having a diamond dragon at level 12
    I think yes there is 1 thread about it also and I red there that someone got it at lvl 15 but don't know if u break or not u can search about it

Farm Supplier
    Is there a better combo for Triple Rainbow than Mask and Rainbow? I have been trying for Triple for quite some time with this combo, no luck.