Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Farm Story 2 keeps crashing

Farm Supplier
    The crashes you guys are experiencing are memory crashes. So far crashes will happen with high level farms (level 25+) on iPad 1s, iPod 4s and devices with similar specs (please let me know if your situation is different). We really appreciate everyone who reported what device they're using and what level they are on as this really helps us determine what the problem is.

This becomes more of an issue the higher level you are; higher levels = more items and animations on your farm, causing these memory crashes. We're really sorry to hear how frustrating the experience has been for you guys! But we are working on a fix to reduce how memory intensive this game is - please be patient as we figure out a solution! In the mean time try removing unnecessary decorations from your game board (you can store it in the cellar), and closing out all background apps when playing Farm Story 2.
    Storm8

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by JzKalika View Post
    But we are working on a fix to reduce how memory intensive this game is - please be patient as we figure out a solution!
    No you aren't. There is no option to turn unnecessary animations off. No way to store or sell animated elements. Or anything else incredibly obvious and surprisingly simple, none of the things that should have been programmed in from day one, actually, had anyone thought this through. Not everyone can afford to run out and buy the latest super duper device every time TL wants to create a game that induces maniacal rage when played on anything less.

Quote Originally Posted by JzKalika View Post
    In the mean time try removing unnecessary decorations from your game board (you can store it in the cellar), and closing out all background apps when playing Farm Story 2.
    Once again, you have not made this an option. I can store or sell wooden crates and everything else that makes no difference, but I can't store or sell my extra cows or buildings. Crashing got worse after adding these extra animations. But you won't let me remove them. That kind of thing... I mean, come on... I can start cooking an expensive 2-day recipe in BS and accidentally store the stove immediately. So um... really?

Also, I've closed background apps, restarted my device, and hard restarted my device, everything short of a factory reset, and I'll delete every game you people have gotten me addicted to before I'll resort to a measure like that to solve something that is clearly a problem that stems from YOUR end.

Feed me some more, I'm loving it.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for your explanation and working on this ..I have both iPad 1 and iPod 4th levels 33&32.. No longer able to to sell any goods ..actually I never mentioned before but buying decorations always was an issue even at low level ( below 10 ) on these devices would take maybe 5 plus attempts to work .but that didn't stop my play before ..but unable to to clear out my inventory and sell puts me on a complete halt ..

I was curious about storing ..I wasn't sure if in my cellar the game would still see that as memory ..but from your your explanation ..as long as its in there it shouldn't count ...

Can you tell us gamers which items are the big drainers on the game to maybe reduce the memory ?

New Resident
    Well I am going to have to call Shenanigans on this one! It was your update! I cant do anything in the game and it has proceeded to worsen daily! I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times!! I have tried from different internet connections... And i have removed and stored everything it will let me... i have lost coins, gems, tools, and purchases.... It is so bad it crashes as soon as it loads... YOUR UPDATE is the day it started... I am so annoyed I am honestly about to be done with it.. This was one of my favorite games... You guys need to uninstall your update and compensate us for our losses!!! Really want my tools, gems and coins back.. Wouldn't be so bad if this stuff wasn't worked so hard for...

New Resident
    I just wanted to let you know. That for some odd reason, the crashing has gotten a little better even I haven't done anything different. The only thing I did was not play farm story for several days, didn't even try to open the game. Although it is better, it still crashes but at least I can get a few things done before it does crash. This game still needs a lot of work done. I just wish there was a way to completely fix all these crashes. There are too many people looking forward to the crash fix as this has been going on for way too long. People with all kinds of old and new devices. This is not a device problem! Please concentrate on fixing the crashes and nothing else. I can say, for myself and probly everyone else, I don't care about any new updates that involve upgrades, new products, new animals, etc. I just want the crash issue fixed first and foremost.

Rhino Keeper
    I can't take the crashing any more. It got worst with the Valentine update. I can't even sell something because it crashes so much. This game is a waste of time.

Executive Chef
    Well it's good to know that I'm not the only one who is so angry. I sent an email yesterday. What makes me the most angry is not only have I lost a gem and a tool, but I purchased the little piggy sweaters from the Christmas version and like all other things we buy we have the right to use them or put them out whenever we like. Well I bought a pastel skin since it was on sale and guess what? my sweaters are gone forever and I have no way to restore them. I can only assume this same thing will happen with the valentines skins as well so people beware. It sounds dumb but come on I just want access to things that I bought with hard earned coins. Right?!

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    The fix is simple: Let us store/sell animated items. Cows, buildings, that stuff, not just the decorations or trees that aren't moving and aren't causing the problem. My crashing wasn't near as bad until I bought an extra batch of cows and a second windmill and feed mill, but I can't get rid of them. If my device didn't have to use all its resources loading all these animations, it would be able to handle the load and keep the game running. TL knows this, they're not stupid.

Rhino Keeper
    My mom has the same problem and she plays on iPod touch 4; it always crashes on her. Just hope you can fix this soon?? I close out all the apps and restart the device for her but it doesn't help.
    I use an iphone 5 and have no issues, though.

Oh it's so nice to know I'm not the only one that has this problem. Since the moment I first started playing FS2 it's done nothing but repeatedly crash on me. I've deleted it & redownloaded it, force closed all my apps, have nothing running in the background, tried running it on my wifi, other wifi, 4G network and...nothing. nothing works. And level has nothing to do with it because I somehow managed to just get level 11. And it's not just FS2 that's crashing. Castle Story, Home Design Story and City Story are all completely unstable. For the last week these 3 games have crashed more than when I first started playing them over a year ago. TL is saying that they're working on a fix but I don't believe that. There's enough complaints on this thread alone to get a response from someone but the moderators are suspiciously quiet. I know one thing for sure. I won't be spending any sort of real cash on their games in the future. And I'm thinking of uninstalling FS 2 until this crashing bug is fixed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast