Thread: Building Appliances

Fashion Designer
    Outside my iPad trying to keep the peeps who live inside happy.

Building Appliances

I am sad. It takes me forever to build appliances in Bakery Story and Restaurant Story. I have tons of friends in my friends list. But only a couple respond when I request parts. I sent a request for one part to over 50 people and maybe get ONE who accepts and sends it. Since it doesnt cost anything I do not understand why anyone wouldnt accept the request??? Any thoughts????

Executive Chef
    Maybe u need to reevaluate ur nbrs and u might try going 2 the Add Me Forum 2 the thread where ppl who only give parts as gifts r listed. It's just a suggestion and it might b worth a try.

Nightclub Owner
    Smokey, i hope you are not sending a request out to 50 people in one day? Because then your neighbours probably are not getting the request at all.

You can add me if you want. I'll try to help you along. Just post on my wall so i know who you are.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Smokey, i hope you are not sending a request out to 50 people in one day? Because then your neighbours probably are not getting the request at all. .
    Most definitely. I learned that the hard way. I never knew how wrong that was until ijoined the forums and started reading these posts. I was sending them out 2 ALL my nbrs and I had over 100.

Fashion Designer
    Smokey, i hope you are not sending a request out to 50 people in one day? Because then your neighbours probably are not getting the request at all.

You can add me if you want. I'll try to help you along. Just post on my wall so i know who you are.
    First, I sent you a request. Second, Why not? What I do is why if I need to build a oven and I dont have the parts...where it says ask neighbors I click on every neighbor just hope somebody will send it. Maybe one person will reply. Am I doing something wrong?

I did go in and remove some neighbors. I had a bunch that had nothing but moldy food, zero rating, and angry customers. So I assume they are no longer playing. I hope I didnt delete a good neighbor by accident. lol

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyMtnGirl View Post
    why if I need to build a oven and I dont have the parts...where it says ask neighbors I click on every neighbor just hope somebody will send it. Maybe one person will reply. Am I doing something wrong?
    Ur clicking on every NBR and causing a traffic jam. Ur nbrs r probably NOT getting ur request. Have u tried asking them?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyMtnGirl View Post
    First, I sent you a request. Second, Why not? What I do is why if I need to build a oven and I dont have the parts...where it says ask neighbors I click on every neighbor just hope somebody will send it. Maybe one person will reply. Am I doing something wrong?

I did go in and remove some neighbors. I had a bunch that had nothing but moldy food, zero rating, and angry customers. So I assume they are no longer playing. I hope I didnt delete a good neighbor by accident. lol
    Oh dear girl!! Where were you when we were trying to figure out the gifting system? You've been here long enough. You can only receive 20 responses each day. Sending out more than 20 only causes the gift request system to jam up for some reason. It seems that when this happens some of the requests do not go out at all and when you requests more gifts the next day the problem worsens and everything grinds to a halt. This accounts for those times when we see requests from neighbours that are days old.

So. What to do? Do not send out any requests for about a day or even two. Not even one request. Use this time to go through your neighbour list and find out who is still active and who is not. This should be easy enough. Delete any inactive neighbours and you could also ask neighbours to send you the required part. Ask them on their walls. Some will, some won't. But at least you will get some parts this way. You should also see those parts start to come in from your old requests as the system unclogs itself and sends them out to your neighbours.

After a day or two send out ONLY 20 requests for parts for whichever appliance you are building. Only 20. Then the next day send out another 20 requests. You can try to figure out who responds to your requests and keep sending them requests each day.

This should solve your problem and you should find that your neighbours are more helpful than you think.

Fashion Designer
    Oh dear girl!! Where were you when we were trying to figure out the gifting system? You've been here long enough. You can only receive 20 responses each day. Sending out more than 20 only causes the gift request system to jam up for some reason. It seems that when this happens some of the requests do not go out at all and when you requests more gifts the next day the problem worsens and everything grinds to a halt. This accounts for those times when we see requests from neighbours that are days old.

So. What to do? Do not send out any requests for about a day or even two. Not even one request. Use this time to go through your neighbour list and find out who is still active and who is not. This should be easy enough. Delete any inactive neighbours and you could also ask neighbours to send you the required part. Ask them on their walls. Some will, some won't. But at least you will get some parts this way. You should also see those parts start to come in from your old requests as the system unclogs itself and sends them out to your neighbours.

After a day or two send out ONLY 20 requests for parts for whichever appliance you are building. Only 20. Then the next day send out another 20 requests. You can try to figure out who responds to your requests and keep sending them requests each day.

This should solve your problem and you should find that your neighbours are more helpful than you think.

Geez. Thanks. Seems like I remember you can only get 20 gifts. I had not been on the forums in a long time. I will do what you said tho. Thanks.

Farm Supplier
    Finding active neighbours is hard. When you think you have a few they all have flies in their food when you are going to tip them. I feel like a police woman. They go right off my list haha.

Farm Supplier
    Hmm, when I send requests, I usually just send it to all 50 of my neighbors and I get all 20 back just fine plus I get extras the following days.
    I think it's usually a problem when you request from over 100 neighbors, but I guess it may vary from people.