Thread: Appliances

Appliances

I now have enough gems to add another appliance for 49 gems. I'm only level 65 and I can only have 16 appliances at the moment and I know that the maximum is 18 which you reach later on. If I spend 49 gems now will it only get me the next appliance slot sooner and I will only have 18 when I get to the higher level? Or will I be able to have 19 appliance slots when I get to the higher level? Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Executive Chef
    Don't waste your gems on expansion slots for the appliances. You can easily master each recipe on just the max 18 appliances slots. But if you really want to expand, wait until you've reached the maximum free slots before spending gems. How quickly you reach the next expansion slot depends only on how quickly you gain XP by baking. It has nothing to do with how many slots you already have - therefore it would be a waste to spend 49 gems on a slot you can earn for free.

Executive Chef
    you'll have 19 but it's not useful in BS. you'll cook so much food that it would never sell out.

I feel like I'm getting two different answers here... The first one says I should wait until I have the maximum free slots and not spend gems on what I could get for free and the second one says I will have 19 if I spend gems now.... Can someone clear this up? And also if I shouldn't spend gems on extra appliance slots, what should I spend them on?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by nemofish4999 View Post
    I feel like I'm getting two different answers here... The first one says I should wait until I have the maximum free slots and not spend gems on what I could get for free and the second one says I will have 19 if I spend gems now.... Can someone clear this up? And also if I shouldn't spend gems on extra appliance slots, what should I spend them on?
    To clear things up, yes, purchasing additional appliance slots will add onto your current total; you'll still receive your free appliance slots when you reach the required levels-- meaning, once you reach level 68ish (can't remember the next level that unlocks) you'd have 18 appliance slots and at level 72 you'd have 19 appliance slots, like nky1111 was saying.

Like filochick1982 was saying, I also advise you not spend your gems on appliance slots, as 18 slots is more than enough to master recipes quickly and more than overstock your counters-- meaning your counters will have more food on them than can be sold in a reasonable amount of time (some people have had the same foods for a year on their counters).

I choose to spend my gems on decoration items; some tasteful wallpaper and mostly floor decorations. Most of the time, I try to hold onto my gems and wait for something I really like to be released in the weekly updates on Wednesdays.
    y OU CANʼT TAKE
    t h e s k y f r o m m e .
    ☁ ☁
    ☁ ☁  ⋆

You should listen to OnCloudDivine.
    I am one of the ones who reached a high level, bought all my appliance slots, and worked on finishing off each of those appliances --now I WILL have food on my counters forever! My meathods backfired big time. Spending all gems on expantions so I can put in more tables for 'hopefully' hungry customers.

Executive Chef
    they can't use more than 14 tables at the same time lol

Executive Chef

Cool

I currently have 22 appliances. At 1st back when I only had 18 I swore I would never buy extra slots. Well one day wo being aware of it my stylus hit the wrong spot on the Design Tab and I ended up w the 19th slot. I didn't notice this until I glanced up 2 c how many coins I had and a bunch of my gems were missing. I had had over 60 (I was saving 2.expand) and I was down in the 20's. I knew there was only 1 exlanation and sure enough I could select another appliance.

After that I said what the heck. I DID NOT purchase anymore until I'd maxed on all the regular ovens and drink mixers. I
    accumulated quite a few while mastering those appliances and doing "quests"!since there r usually at least 3 recipes and when u master ea 1 that's an additional 6 gems.

My advice is hold on to the gems until u get the 18th slot and c how u feel. (Now I have 1 NBR who has 42 appliances and that's a bit much. ) At a certain pt ull discover it'll start taking 80 gems 2.expand so u might also take that into consideration.

I'm at lvl 99 and max expansion and I've never purchased a gem.

Remember everyone u talk 2.will have a different opinion.
    Good Luck and Happy Holidays
    Last edited by ElaineCarrel; 12-29-13 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Additional information

Rhino Keeper
    My advice. Don't spend gems on appliances. I unfortunately lost those precious gems on an an accidental gem trap or tapping too fast and have an extra appliance but lost gems I could have spent on decor.

Oh my gosh! Your totally right -I have 17 and they're happy. How the heck am I going to get rid of all this!!!! lol. I'll pass along this little gem o_O