Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: People have stopped playing

Executive Chef
    Please do not use this thread as an Add Me thread. The current Add Me thread for Castle Story can be found here.

If people continue to use this as an Add Me thread, we will have to close it for going off topic.

Rhino Keeper
    A "last login" or "delete account" button would be nice. Maybe even "go inactive" so they just disappear from your neighbors and can reappear if they decide to play again. I had one friend store all his buildings when he stopped playing

Rhino Keeper
    Appreciate if somebody can advise pls.

I visited a neighbor whose place seems to be deserted.
    However there were hearts on the sawmills, but the mills were not spinning at all.
    Is this situation possible?
    I've seen posting elsewhere saying that hearts may re-appear after the player left for a long time,
    making the place looks as if it is still active. Don't know if what I saw belongs to this case?
    Thx.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by BriarAvenue View Post
    Appreciate if somebody can advise pls.

I visited a neighbor whose place seems to be deserted.
    However there were hearts on the sawmills, but the mills were not spinning at all.
    Is this situation possible?
    I've seen posting elsewhere saying that hearts may re-appear after the player left for a long time,
    making the place looks as if it is still active. Don't know if what I saw belongs to this case?
    Thx.
    From the description, it sounds like the player is inactive. The hearts do pop up on inactive players, since you are seeing these on a mill that isn't spinning, the mill is ready for collection, so the heart here sounds like a good clue that the buildings have cycled due to inactivity.

I'm going to try to spot that on some neighbors this evening and see what I find.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by BriarAvenue View Post
    Don't know if what I saw belongs to this case?
    Thx.
    It doesn't. It means nobody popped the heart for too long.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by olcastle View Post
    It doesn't. It means nobody popped the heart for too long.
    Thank you both. Re Olcastle's response, apart from the sawmills,
    there are other symptoms too, e.g. postings on walls are dated over 6 mths ago,
    the entire area is literally sparkling, other buildings like the workshop, observatory are still,
    planted crops remain the same for a long time.

I try to visit all my neighbors daily so it's not that the hearts were there for the past few days. They show up just today!
    Last edited by BriarAvenue; 01-04-14 at 12:51 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Miflatzonet View Post
    there's an "add me" board for every Storm8 game... here's the list to the Castle Story one:
    https://forums.storm8.com/forumdispla...e-Story-Add-Me
    Quote Originally Posted by dng1234 View Post
    Definitely check out the add me forum. You can grab people from there yourself (Make sure to visit the last pages though - newer posts.) or put a post there for people to send a request you.

I would recommend using the "Add me" instead of just trolling. (You could think of trolling like cold calling.) Some people may not be currently looking for players at the moment. Others, myself included, have added a signature with an okay to send a request/looking for neighbors. In that case, it's okay to send a request.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniLaura View Post
    Please do not use this thread as an Add Me thread. The current Add Me thread for Castle Story can be found here.

If people continue to use this as an Add Me thread, we will have to close it for going off topic.

Thanks guys Ill go check it out.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567