Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Weekly Update 12/26/2013 Hedges/Sap Trees

Quote Originally Posted by mjauuuu View Post
    The cost of the new hedge is as "creolepraline" says outrageous it should not be much more than 5 gems since it's only a decoration and something you want plural of. The maple tree on the other hand is very pretty and since it works like the fruit trees, worthy of those 40 gems IMO. Thanks for the update TL! I'm very much looking forward to next weeks fairy update now.
    i am waiting a bit b4 i will buy it

i have a feeling they might lower the cost soon :P

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Castloninian View Post
    It is more than a decoration as it gives petals. But seeing as all but red petals come from coin bushes, and you can buy the red trillium for 35 gems, I can't see why you would need it. There will always be people that want it though.
    I see. I was not aware of that small fact but it doesn't justify the cost either way so it should still be a much, much lower amount of gems than those 40 gems. Besides, as you said yourself, there's other, cheaper ways of getting petals. I for one won't be buying the hedge since I don't even like the look of it but to each their own I guess.
    Last edited by mjauuuu; 12-26-13 at 02:48 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Only bought the sap and maple trees, one of each. Just because I use sap a lot making syrup. Have no use for the hedge as I have plenty of flowers which drop all colours anyway.

Banned
    Ohhh 40 gems maple tree that DROPS sap (not chopped down for sap)? Sounds nice! Should I get it? Hmmm...
    For now I planted two of those 4000 coins sap trees.

I want something that has a higher drop rate of mermaid scales as well. I'm always maxed out on water when trying to get those mermaid scales (and kept making simple feasts to use up those fishes).

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrinashal View Post
    i am waiting a bit b4 i will buy it

i have a feeling they might lower the cost soon :P
    That's exactly how i feel about the Maple tree I've been burned too many times before by TL lowering prices so I'm always cautious nowadays before buying something new.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CLOVERKAITO View Post
    Ohhh 40 gems maple tree that DROPS sap (not chopped down for sap)? Sounds nice! Should I get it? Hmmm...
    For now I planted two of those 4000 coins sap trees.

I want something that has a higher drop rate of mermaid scales as well. I'm always maxed out on water when trying to get those mermaid scales (and kept making simple feasts to use up those fishes).
    That's a brilliant idea!!!! I was just thinking that I'm ALWAYS low on those mermaid scales and they are so hard to come by. Hey, TL! how about you make the hedge drop those instead? Then I'd be interested! lol
    Last edited by mjauuuu; 12-26-13 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Typo

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Castloninian View Post
    I expected to cut down the sap tree, like other trees you can buy. I don't mind spending 40 gems on a maple tree, but if it does cut down then I would be miffed as I'd prefer to take my chances with the sap tree. Ho hum, let's wait and see.
    In the description, with the pics, it states specifically that the Maple Tree will be tended to get drops. But the SAP Tree will give sap when it is CHOPPED DOWN.

Quote Originally Posted by mjauuuu View Post
    That's exactly how i feel about the Maple tree I've been burned too many times before by TL lowering prices so I'm always cautious nowadays before buying something new.
    i don't need the "Multi-Color Hedge" (maybe some day i will buy it)
    i really need the "Maple Tree" (even two!)
    i might use the "Sap Tree" for now (its kinda cheep for me)

i will wait like 1-2 weeks to see if maybe TL will lower the gems price b4 buying it

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PJColley View Post
    In the description, with the pics, it states specifically that the Maple Tree will be tended to get drops. But the SAP Tree will give sap when it is CHOPPED DOWN.
    This was corrected. This information was not clear before and that's why people were wondering.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PJColley View Post
    FYI: the first post in these Update threads (or other stickied threads) are usually edited by the moderators to contain all the relevant information about the update. Often, this is done after the thread has been started. Castloninian's question was asked before the info was added to the first post.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast