Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Weekly Update 12/26/2013 Hedges/Sap Trees

New Resident

Sap Tree!

New Sap tree and Maple tree at the market. Both dropping sap. And a new hedge.
    Thanks TL.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by BriarAvenue View Post
    What items do you suggest pls?
    Hard to say really but I would go in order of difficulty to find. So rare drops like fur, living wood, prime cuts, etc. that require more energy to search out vs. things that you may need large quantities of but are relatively easy to acquire such as wheat, eggs or milk.

Basically don't upgrade anything and pull buildings out of storage that have a longer cool-down time like market places and perhaps libraries as well since those seem to be popular for "researching" with quests.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Castloninian View Post
    Hmm, how does the maple tree work? Do you chop down the tree, or will it keep giving sap at regular intervals?
    The info says "a baby maple tree, high chance of dropping saps".
    So it should be dropping at regular intervals.

But my question is .. will it drop syrup as rare drop?
    Otherwise, what the difference btw the maple n the sap tree.
    Btw, will the sap tree grow leaves? It doesn't look nice now leafless.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by vednir View Post
    Hard to say really but I would go in order of difficulty to find. So rare drops like fur, living wood, prime cuts, etc. that require more energy to search out vs. things that you may need large quantities of but are relatively easy to acquire such as wheat, eggs or milk.

Basically don't upgrade anything and pull buildings out of storage that have a longer cool-down time like market places and perhaps libraries as well since those seem to be popular for "researching" with quests.
    Thanks. I am stock piling for pepper, carrots n cabbages now!

Banned
    They're right up my alley and do very pretty, but that amount of gems for one hedge is outrageous. Same goes for the tree.

Executive Chef

I expected to cut down the sap tree, like other trees you can buy. I don't mind spending 40 gems on a maple tree, but if it does cut down then I would be miffed as I'd prefer to take my chances with the sap tree. Ho hum, let's wait and see.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Castloninian View Post
    I expected to cut down the sap tree, like other trees you can buy. I don't mind spending 40 gems on a maple tree, but if it does cut down then I would be miffed as I'd prefer to take my chances with the sap tree. Ho hum, let's wait and see.
    Are these trees we cut down or that we tend (i.e. fruit trees)? Given the Christmas tree debacle where you have to chop down the tree to get the drops I'm not spending any gems on the maple tree until it's confirmed that it's a tree to "tend" not to "chop". The description is extremely vague about which one it is.

Executive Chef
    Thinking. You just going to have to water it,,, not chop it

Rhino Keeper
    You don't need to cut down the Maple Tree - once it grows, it's permanent, like the fruit trees.

OMG I love this idea, of course the Maple Tree should drop syrup sometimes... Maple trees might see a tiny update once the holidays are over...
    TeamLava Game Designer
    I'm happy to answer questions about Castle Story, Restaurant Story 2, and Fairy Tale Wonderland!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by vednir View Post
    Are these trees we cut down or that we tend (i.e. fruit trees)? Given the Christmas tree debacle where you have to chop down the tree to get the drops I'm not spending any gems on the maple tree until it's confirmed that it's a tree to "tend" not to "chop". The description is extremely vague about which one it is.
    I'll update the description text to be clearer. The Sap Tree (coins) you chop down, but the Maple Tree (gems) you tend like the Apple Tree.
    TeamLava Game Designer
    I'm happy to answer questions about Castle Story, Restaurant Story 2, and Fairy Tale Wonderland!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast