Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 12/12/2013 Update Christmas Trees

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by calipitter View Post
    I get the coal drops....kinda ironic. But was TL expecting us to be happy unwrapping a log or loaf of bread for Christmas?!
    How about a present that is just a decoration for the kingdoms? A snowman, a poinsettia ( would be really great if it also dropped red petals), an igloo or snowball fort, an angel statue? Those are presents. We would have knocked ourselves out spending all of our money trying to get these "collectors items." But bread? That is the weirdest Christmas present ever! TL, in one of the more recent update threads another player applied to be your marketing director.....PLEASE, PLEASE hire him! You need someone badly to explain to you the psychology of consumerism.
    Sorry for my suspiscion, wonder if it might be TL didn't give its employees a generous bonus,
    So that the creation team find their consolation price by such "funny gifts" that they are now amused
    to find us grumbling. What's that movie called? The Gringe that stole Christmas?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by BriarAvenue View Post
    But not good either, n definitely not worth for the cost!
    Those items are not that difficult to get from regular resources.
    I got a golden nugget from deep mine today.
    Adamant is a rare drop for me and spicy feasts take a lot of resources, especially rat tails which don't drop often for me either. I have/had loads of excess coins so it wasn't a problem for me.

Rhino Keeper
    Btw, all the other buildings give dropping, most plants drop petals too without chopping
    So pls tell me why I need to spend coins and gems
    (jeweller costs 27500 coins but allows me collecting regularly without tearing it down)

All these updates since thanksgiving are supposed to let us hv some fun during holidays seasons,
    But up till now, it seems one disappointment after another.
    TL, are you getting too many players and it's too much for your server,
    So you need to get rid off us to leave room for players who are prepared to purchase gems?
    I just wonder because all these are against all the rules in business management, customer relation
    n marketing.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JayUK69 View Post
    Adamant is a rare drop for me and spicy feasts take a lot of resources, especially rat tails which don't drop often for me either. I have/had loads of excess coins so it wasn't a problem for me.
    Not so rare for me. I believe I even got it from mr. Piggy once if I remember correctly.
    Compared to these trees, my deep mine works far better.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by BriarAvenue View Post
    Not so rare for me. I believe I even got it from mr. Piggy once if I remember correctly.
    Compared to these trees, my deep mine works far better.
    That's the thing though, we all have different drop rates and our own struggles to get certain materials. I just had an expansion permit drop, which has saved me doing 30 trades, so well worth spending coins on. I had a few million coins that aren't much use at all, so it gives me a chance to use them on these. I'm not saying this update is good at all, but at least I'm getting something out of it. To be honest, I'm getting bored of all these timed quests and expensive gem only items. But, until TL fix the gem trap issue, I won't be paying cash for any more gems and seeing as they refuse to fix it, I save money.

Banned
    When I saw the new quest with x'mas tress I was so excited!... then I saw there is a tree that costs 30 gems to buy, but the reward is 30 gems too, so sure, why not.

Then when I saw the second quest, if you do the math, it costs 150 gems to complete... while I *do* have the spare gems to buy them, I didn't. And good to know that I'm not the only one here who thought it was outrageous and unreasonable. After I read what everyone had been getting as drops from these trees I'm even more grateful that I didn't spend that 150 gems...

I only chopped down 1 coin tree. Gonna save the rest for later. Here is what I got: orange petal, yellow dye, noodle

Not worth 25000 coins imo.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by JayUK69 View Post
    That's the thing though, we all have different drop rates and our own struggles to get certain materials. I just had an expansion permit drop, which has saved me doing 30 trades, so well worth spending coins on. I had a few million coins that aren't much use at all, so it gives me a chance to use them on these. I'm not saying this update is good at all, but at least I'm getting something out of it. To be honest, I'm getting bored of all these timed quests and expensive gem only items. But, until TL fix the gem trap issue, I won't be paying cash for any more gems and seeing as they refuse to fix it, I save money.
    Hi JayUK, how many classic one You had chop down? You are lucky with this random drop, so far.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nasha86 View Post
    Hi JayUK, how many classic one You had chop down? You are lucky with this random drop, so far.
    I've chopped about 20 so far and spent about 500,000 coins. Some trees have only dropped 3 wood though and I'm maxed out on those. For me, the adamant, gold nuggets, trade ticket and expansion permit made the spend worth it. Especially as I only needed 1 more permit to do the final expansion, but needed to do another 25 trades before I can get another permit.

Farm Supplier
    Just got an expansion permit from the classic tree.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeuro View Post
    Just got an expansion permit from the classic tree.
    Now, THAT's what I call Christmas