Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game keeps crashing

I experience three kind of crashes. The first kind simply restarts the Game (I figured out that - SOME but only SOME - of those are due to bad Internetconnections), the second one is a crash without any forewarning, shut-down and that's it, not even a crash-report to send, and the third one (the rarest) when I can send one. Blaming old devices just not work in my case, neither the version which is the "newest" of Andro - which is outdated because I can breed Infinity to get tons of Fire-Dragons.

I recommend all Mods that are iOS-fixed to use an Android-Phone and play a second account on it. Then you understand, otherwise you only repeat the official points.
    Last edited by maguar; 12-10-13 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Removed off topic comment

Oh yeah, that reminds me: I've never had the option to send a crash report. It just crashes with no warning, at any time it feels like. As I said, I'm not sure exactly what it is that's causing it to do so. Playing on iPad 2, updated to latest iOS, and DS version, level 120.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyKC View Post
    The game just randomly crashes; I could be doing anything at the time. Sometimes I'm collecting gold, harvesting/planting crops, visiting neighbours, about to send a dragon on a quest, at the end of a battle (and when I open the game again, have to battle the same dragon after waiting an hour), travelling between the normal island and arctic isles, or even moving to another part of my own island. I wish I could say it's because of a specific thing, but I haven't been able to pinpoint it. It also doesn't happen all the time. Just every few weeks, will go on for a number of days, then it's back to normal.
    That does sound random, so it's be very difficult to identify the issue causing the crashes. The only suggestion I have, since there are a lot of different things you're doing in the game, is avoid performing actions too quickly.

For example: visiting a neighbor and playing with all of the dragons and going back home, all within a total of several seconds.

Since you're on Dragon Story 1.7.3, if the game does crash again, please open the app again right away. The game will automatically send a crash report to us with more information that explains what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgalis View Post
    I experience three kind of crashes. The first kind simply restarts the Game (I figured out that - SOME but only SOME - of those are due to bad Internetconnections), the second one is a crash without any forewarning, shut-down and that's it, not even a crash-report to send, and the third one (the rarest) when I can send one. Blaming old devices just not work in my case, neither the version which is the "newest" of Andro - which is outdated because I can breed Infinity to get tons of Fire-Dragons.

I recommend all Mods that are iOS-fixed to use an Android-Phone and play a second account on it. Then you understand, otherwise you only repeat the official points.
    The second crash sounds very concerning, if it completely shuts down your device without any warning. It sounds like your device completely runs out of resources which forces it to shuts down completely. Please make sure any apps running in the background are closed, which frees up resources, and to avoid performing actions within the game too quickly (see suggestion above for SnowyKC).

Farm Supplier
    My game tells me I have no internet when I put dragons in the breeding den. What happens is I will put them in the breeding den and it will take a few seconds and then tells me I have no internet conection. When I get back into the game the dragons are no longer in the den. This issue does not happen everytime. I have posted about this previosly in the bug section. The weird thing is I no longer get super rare dragons only common or rare. I have never had this hard of a time breeding super rare dragons. It seems to me that when I am going to get a super rarevis when the game tells me I have no internet conection. Please fix this issue. I am playing on a ipad air version 7.0.4

Farm Supplier
    Also forgot to add I am using my carries service for internet

Quote Originally Posted by misteedance View Post
    My game tells me I have no internet when I put dragons in the breeding den. What happens is I will put them in the breeding den and it will take a few seconds and then tells me I have no internet conection. When I get back into the game the dragons are no longer in the den. This issue does not happen everytime. I have posted about this previosly in the bug section. The weird thing is I no longer get super rare dragons only common or rare. I have never had this hard of a time breeding super rare dragons. It seems to me that when I am going to get a super rarevis when the game tells me I have no internet conection. Please fix this issue. I am playing on a ipad air version 7.0.4
    It sounds like you're experiencing a sync error when adding dragons to the Breeding Den. If it happens again and you receive a message that says you have no connection, please try opening any other TeamLava game to test if you're actually connected or not.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    It sounds like you're experiencing a sync error when adding dragons to the Breeding Den. If it happens again and you receive a message that says you have no connection, please try opening any other TeamLava game to test if you're actually connected or not.
    I play bakery, resturant and fashion and I am not having the same problems on any of these games it is only in dragon story. Also it only happens when I place dragons in the breeding den. I can open any of the other games just fine. I can also hit reconect in dragon story and it will get back in just fine.

The second crash sounds very concerning, if it completely shuts down your device without any warning. It sounds like your device completely runs out of resources which forces it to shuts down completely. Please make sure any apps running in the background are closed, which frees up resources, and to avoid performing actions within the game too quickly (see suggestion above for SnowyKC).

I can rule this out at least on one certain situation, which I can reproduce everytime I want: When I harvest my farms and plant new crop it is to 100 percent certain that this kind of crash happens when I want to enter the Menu, regardless when I do this during gaming - at the beginning, sometimes after that (collecting coins before that) or after visiting one or more neighbors. So it is independent of the time and memory-useage. Some of those crashes I deduce to malfunction of memorymanagement of the Game, but clearly this one not. The other crashes without warning happen during visiting higher level neighbors (at least as high as I am, 117th). Considerably less crashes happen when I am visiting lower level neighbors. This ratio is constant since level 70 or so - and back then I had much less dragons and habitats.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgalis View Post
    I can rule this out at least on one certain situation, which I can reproduce everytime I want: When I harvest my farms and plant new crop it is to 100 percent certain that this kind of crash happens when I want to enter the Menu, regardless when I do this during gaming - at the beginning, sometimes after that (collecting coins before that) or after visiting one or more neighbors. So it is independent of the time and memory-useage. Some of those crashes I deduce to malfunction of memorymanagement of the Game, but clearly this one not. The other crashes without warning happen during visiting higher level neighbors (at least as high as I am, 117th). Considerably less crashes happen when I am visiting lower level neighbors. This ratio is constant since level 70 or so - and back then I had much less dragons and habitats.
    Does this happen every single time you visit neighbors or enter the Menu? If so, please provide the exception error message when the game crashes.

My sister (ipad1) has had the crashing issue since she leveled up to 70's & has increased in occurrences until now, level 98, she cannot visit nbrs at all. I have new samsung tablet, virtually nothing on it & had no similar problems, until I began to level up OR visited nbr overseas. I have a German nbr, level 100. I always had issues visiting her. DS closed down ("Unfortunately Dragon Story Has ..." with no option to report it) whenever I tried to leave her isle. As I leveled up, the issue did, too. Now, at level 108, my game closes/crashes whenever I visit overseas nbrs. Sometimes it will begin while I'm writing on the wall. When I click "post", there is an extended delay & when the posting are returns, it says "no one has written on wall". Then whatever I post after that isn't recorded on the wall & I'm unable to travel to another isle, but have to return to my own. Sometimes I'm unable to return home, even, & have to close the game through task manager, because DS is frozen. Often DS just closes & I'm returned to where the game is automatically restarting. I think you can determine what is happening by simply playing the game yourself. Begin as a newbie, play awile, being sure to visit nbrs overseas & high level nbrs. Increase your level & do the same, being sure to post on nbrs' walls. Then increase your level to 90's & 100's & play the game. Then you don't have to rely on players to know what to tell you. I'm sure you've thought of this & maybe even tried it, which makes me wonder why the issue hasn't been resolved. I'm not a player who complains about TeamLava! I love DS & really love that TL GIVES it free!! I like the built-in delays, so I don't race through it. I admire the creativity of the dragon designs & I especially love my nbrs. That's why this issue needs immediate attention. We aren't able to maintain our relationships w/our nbrs. And during the holidays, it's especially important to most of us to keep in touch w/our nbrs. So, thanks in advance for your attention to this problem! And Happy Holidays!! nadine

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast