Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes - December 5, 2013.

i have to say the changes to the troops are good, as far as the lightning cannons and fireball catapult damage goes is outrageous. I have lost 70 crowns in 2 battles which I should never have lost. So now you battle for ss/gold and defend for crowns basically. Then spend 2 mil on a wizard's tower for 6 hp... really really.

Farm Supplier
    Love the new update! No more getting overrun by troops that cost next to nothing! This also should fix the problem with huge piles of unspent stones since people will have to finally use tactics involving more than just spamming cheap troops.
    Last edited by FrozenTurtle; 12-06-13 at 11:27 AM. Reason: removed starred word

Quote Originally Posted by Adjie8 View Post
    I won dude but I admitted that so difficult
    Yeah my bad. Won with knights. Only took over 2 hours to train them all. This is so fun!! [/sarcasm]

Farm Supplier
    You guys do see how rolling through all the battles that give you crowns with cheap and fast training troops IS the root cause of not being able to find enough crown battles in the long term, right?

a. There are probably less than 1500 players that will produce 1 or more crowns, 10% of which you'll probably be able to beat (really, really, good odds from my experience). So thats ~150 possible targets..

b. Lets say your army is archers/thieves (current accepted junk tactic) with a training time of ~:25 avg. Gives you 240 troops per 24 minutes. Lets say you have to use them ALL on each battle and no reinforcements. So 2 attacking forces per hour...

c. Now those ~150 targets are being sought after by the other ~1350 players of similar kind, so thats ~9 attackers per target.

d. Lets say those ~150 targets get 12 hour shields on avg and divide the shields evenly so there are always the same number of people emerging from their shields every hour. ~12.5 players available to be attacked every hour.

So the conclusion: ~9 attackers per hour (c), able to attack ~18 players per hour (b*c) with only ~12.5 players (d) available to be attacked...

To have players available to be attacked you need to:

1. Reduce or remove the free shield (I doubt anyone wants that).
    2. Increase the time required to rebuild your attack force by shifting the time required up on low end troops (sucks for new players), or by forcing tactics that rely on costlier troops (not a big deal for long time players since they have the resources)
    3. Increase the number of people that produce crowns thereby increasing the attackable pool (by basing crowns given on a minimum of 1, or by creating a means to get more players to crown up on their own).

Its pretty darn simple math that I hope any game developer would/could do...

Also seems that the game just moved in that general direction, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by mybaby1977 View Post
    I confirmed my suspicion. Demolitionists are now attacking farther walls - mods can replay my battle if they wish. Once again, instead of taking a straight path to the nearest wall, they went slightly diagonal after a farther wall. Two things in common both times this happened, there was a trap in their way and the farther wall had a buidling closer to it. Lost 4 in a row since upgrade, -116 crowns. Before the upgrade, I was on a 20+ game winning streak.
    Can you please PM me the name of the player you attacked so we can take a look?

Quote Originally Posted by jackansi View Post
    Love the new update! No more getting overrun by troops that cost next to nothing! This also should fix the problem with huge piles of unspent stones since people will have to finally use tactics involving more than just spamming cheap troops.
    We hope this will encourage much more strategic placement of units and consideration of which troops to use!
    Last edited by FrozenTurtle; 12-06-13 at 11:28 AM.

You guys do see how rolling through all the battles that give you crowns with cheap and fast training troops IS the root cause of not being able to find enough crown battles in the long term, right?

a. There are probably less than 1500 players that will produce 1 or more crowns, 10% of which you'll probably be able to beat (really, really, good odds from my experience). So thats ~150 possible targets..

b. Lets say your army is archers/thieves (current accepted junk tactic) with a training time of ~:25 avg. Gives you 240 troops per 24 minutes. Lets say you have to use them ALL on each battle and no reinforcements. So 2 attacking forces per hour...

c. Now those ~150 targets are being sought after by the other ~1350 players of similar kind, so thats ~9 attackers per target.

d. Lets say those ~150 targets get 12 hour shields on avg and divide the shields evenly so there are always the same number of people emerging from their shields every hour. ~12.5 players available to be attacked every hour.

So the conclusion: ~9 attackers per hour (c), able to attack ~18 players per hour (b*c) with only ~12.5 players (d) available to be attacked...

To have players available to be attacked you need to:

1. Reduce or remove the free shield (I doubt anyone wants that).
    2. Increase the time required to rebuild your attack force by shifting the time required up on low end troops (sucks for new players), or by forcing tactics that rely on costlier troops (not a big deal for long time players since they have the resources)
    3. Increase the number of people that produce crowns thereby increasing the attackable pool (by basing crowns given on a minimum of 1, or by creating a means to get more players to crown up on their own).

Its pretty darn simple math that I hope any game developer would/could do...

Also seems that the game just moved in that general direction, huh?
    actually what is boils down to is now there will be a ton of upper level players dropping down their crowns and destroy the lower level players IE more farming lol

Host(ess)
    SP how are we supposed to train our troops before being hit again?

That is the main reason that I used archers mostly, they train quickly and I could actually get a few battles in before I was bombarded back to the stoneage. Now, that is totally impossible.

Farm Supplier
    So you are expecting a software update to compensate for your base's defensive deficiencies. How's that any better than the people who just spam 200+ archers to beat you? Now when all the high levels are dropping down to torment the lower level players and prevent them from getting up, Firemocha will increase offense and drop defense. Furthermore, this game does not allow you to develop a strategy. Every strategy that is too good gets nannied by the developers, and you are supporting that. I'm sorry but this game is ALWAYS in beta and will never be a great RTS game.

Folks, archers were way overpowered in the older iterations, and comprised 75-100% of an army at level 35+. In addition, upper level troops were utterly useless due to their high build times/costs/ineffectiveness.

At first glance these are good changes. The goal here is to try to have multiple viable ways to attack bases.

To those complaining about upper level players attacking lower levels - that is a MATCHMAKING PROBLEM that is completely irrelevant in this discussion.

Host(ess)
    I understand the reason for the changes but it just seems no matter what I try, I can't win any battles.
    And it looks like I am not alone in this.

I'm done for now. Out of resources

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast