Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 12/05/2013 Update (Kingdom Inn)

Rhino Keeper
    Unfortunately with these timed goals not all players are in TL time zone.

In my case the goals have already started during the night so I miss out on a fair few hours to get started.

I have managed to complete them all so far,but ONLY by using gems to speed up the time. Not everyone can do this & I find it all very sad to visit neighbours who now have - uncompleted glimmerbat habitat,uncompleted harvest pergola & now the uncompleted Kingdom Inn.

I fear a fair few of them will leave Castle Story.

Rhino Keeper
    I live in time zone 10 hours ahead of TL and I typically get the updates after 10 PM my time which means I see them only in the following morning. So far I have been able to finish these timed goals. I completed the Inn only by speeding up quests (one a day) to run 3 of them in a day. With the Glimmerbat I was lucky to get the bat in my first attempt. I don't particularly like these timelines as they are so tight, one or two extra days would make them more fun.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Thks PikaSquirrel. I didn't realize the time had been expanded. Thks for that. Waiting for the next quest anxiously.
    I think there should be some way to finish the building built into he game, the way the valentine quests were finishable even after the valentine version was over. Oddly, this game is not a high priority for me at this time of year. Maybe future updates could be more fun and less frantic to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by brighnasa View Post
    I think there should be some way to finish the building built into he game, the way the valentine quests were finishable even after the valentine version was over. Oddly, this game is not a high priority for me at this time of year. Maybe future updates could be more fun and less frantic to complete.
    They want you to be panicked and nerve-racked. They want you to fear you can't finish a quest on time and hope it will motivate you to blindly buy & spend gems to guarantee you will. Unfortunately this tactic works to some degree. BUT, people get tired of feeling ripped off and everybody gets tired of a one-trick-pony sooner or later.
    Last edited by stuffedmounts; 12-17-13 at 10:35 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm apparently one of the lucky ones who finished the Inn. I probably wouldn't have if I hadn't purchased the Barracks, however, due to some of the low tile drops. (It seemed to drop between 4 and 7.) If it had been max drops every time, it would have been a lot easier. If I had only got the low drops, I would have failed. I really feel for the people who got unlucky with the drop rate, cause I know how much the randomness sucks. TL really needs to think more about their drop rates. And I suspect that Kingdom Inn that just showed up in my market for 200 gems will need an insane amount of gems to get to Level 5 due to the logs and tile requirements. Has anyone checked the requirements for it yet?

New Resident
    I hate that I bought this INN for 200 gems and now it's not even upgradable. VERY ANNOYED. It makes me not want to buy anymore "limited" gem items. What a waste.

Rhino Keeper
    I did not upgrade the Inn fully to level 5, but the option is still their to "buy" the tiles and logs with gems. Is there any point to that? Unfortunately it would mean that I would have to buy gems as I do not have enough stockpiled. Not sure the game has that much interest anymore.

I have lost so much interest in this game because of the have to spend gems issues, and that does make me sad! I try and check in once a day now, whereas it used to be 5-6 times an HOUR!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by eepopp View Post
    On my IPad, I started one day late, and since this account has the Barracks and Castle, I only have to collect 1 last tile to do the final upgrade.

On my iPhone, I have a 2nd account that I stopped playing (it's level 30, but has no Barracks), and for giggles, I started the Polarian Quest on Sunday. My Inn on that account is nearly level 4, and I should be able to get it to level 5 easily. I also got an Alicorn Horn drop on that account, so now I have an Alicorn cooking in the Love shack.

On my iPod Touch (4th gen), I have a 3rd Castle Story account that is only level 18. I stopped playing on that account a long time ago, because Castle Story doesn't run very well on it. But for giggles, I started the Polarian quest on that account yesterday. My Inn is level 2 now. I doubt I'll be able to get it to level 5, but I'm going to give it a shot. I think the only downside to that account is that it only has three neighbors, and is having a hard time with the "Ask 15 neighbors" part. I imagine that any new player with zero neighbors is going to find the Polarian Quest impossible to finish.

Anyway, my point is that I think that the Polarian Quest time limit and resource requirements are very doable for most players that have been playing this game for at least a month. If I can juggle 3 accounts and get as far as I have, I think the only reason why someone couldn't finish this quest in 9-10 days is if they didn't play daily, had no neighbors, or were really new to the game.

I'm not saying this quest is easy, but this is not hard by a long shot.

It IS definitely fun! (Thank you TeamLava!)
    I wanted to post my results on this.

iPad main account : completed
    iPhone 2nd acct : completed, although I only got it to Level 5 and wasn't able to do the final collection
    iPod Touch 3rd acct : did not complete. (It's a level 18 kingdom and just didn't have enough resources.)

Overall, I thought the Polarian Kingdom Inn quests were fun.

Is the polarian adventure ever coming back so I can finish upgrading? Also I am no longer getting leaves or holiday felt ~ I would like to continue upgrading these buildings but can't.
    Last edited by MiniLaura; 12-27-13 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Removed personal information

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dianeaakin View Post
    Is the polarian adventure ever coming back so I can finish upgrading? Also I am no longer getting leaves or holiday felt ~ I would like to continue upgrading these buildings but can't.
    TL has never reissued a timed quest line in Castle Story, so it is unlikely that it will come back. However, TL has also been known to surprise us sometimes!