Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 12/05/2013 Update (Kingdom Inn)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    I don't have the barracks. Does it mean that if you have the barracks you can do more quests per day?
    The barracks is like another kings keep or castle and you can send knights on adventures. They do take twice as long, but have barracks obviously helps with timed quests requiring adventures. I never thought I would get one but experience shows it is useful.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Capper7 View Post
    So my Inn is not upgraded to level 5, but I was able to send my knights out one last time. I have about 6 1/2 hours to wait for them to get back. If they bring back 19 tiles and 23 logs all at once, then I can upgrade (not holding my breath)!

It was too difficult to get enough Hot Chocolates for this chain of quests. The concept worked better with getting the leaves for the Thanksgiving quest when clearing trees. One every 4 hours per Cottage was too infrequent in my opinion. Here's hoping that what we get next has "Goldilocks status" - not extremely basic, not incredibly difficult, but just right.
    I think a lot of people built extra cottages. I had 7 in the end, plus 3 gifts from friends and in the end drowned in hot chocolate. While cottages take 4 hours to collect from, they are easy to build.

So for those of us who were unable to finish this quest on time, what did we miss out on?

Executive Chef
    So far the inn has only given me one earth wisp. Not sure what else it drops, but it said it would drop wisps and other material useful for future quests. Maybe it will drop white dye? But I imagine you will be able to craft that when the time comes.

Rhino Keeper
    I started this quest two days late. And i dont play on saturdays. Also, because of the snow storm we had here i had no internet connection for most of friday. That being said, i managed to upgrade the inn this morning and other than collecting from the inn i completed all the goals.
    This quest w totally doable. Even without the barracks and given that i didnt plat for all the days given, even without doing three adventures a day.
    I am sorry some of you feel TL is only after the money. I feel they give out gems freely with the options to download games and reach higher levels. I have not spent one cent. And though i agree the quests are challenging time wise for certain levels, i do not feel the comlaints are justified.
    Also, TL usually warns that the timer will run out three hours early, so really we should be prepared.
    The game is free. You do not HAVE the have the inn, or the pergola or the animals. It's a bonus. If you cant manage then it is because you have other, better things to do withnyour time, and that is amazing. But if y find the time, the timeline was doable.
    Thank you TL for the game and for keeping it interesting.
    (having said all of this, the tree quest was a joke... But that's another thread...)

Ahh I didn't know how the barracks worked. I managed to get the inn to level 4 and by adding another few cottages (cheap and easy to build) I was able to keep up with the hot chocolate and requirements for,the quests. But at 8 hours I could only send My knights out twice a day so I just ran out of time. I even have a couple of winter feasts unused!
    But it's great to get these quests. I play city story as well, and after about level 10 there were no new quests, so,this keeps things interesting. I might have to look at the barracks.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by anissada View Post
    yes, afteru pgrade to level 5 you collect the goal,
    the debut is a new goal, wonder why that pops up if we do not have the time to wait for collecting from the inn anymore..
    maybe tl wants to get rich fast !
    Thanks a lot. Made me safe 16 gems :-)

Farm Supplier
    I have 3 Cottages and they just gave me 1 Hot Chocolate each. Are we going to need them for anything else in the future? Unless I hear otherwise, I'm stocking up now while I can!

(I know that the Gingerbread Man and the special feast recipes are gone from the kitchens. My knights are out right now, but the quest will probably be gone when they get back. Looks like my Inn will be at level 4 forever!)

Rhino Keeper
    So I was able to upgrade to level 5 but I wasn't able to collect from the inn (Fall on inn level) so does that mean that my inn will drop items? Or is it considered "unfinished"?

Executive Chef
    OK, so now I can no longer quest for the logs and tiles?!? I even have one more holiday feast and I can't even use it?!? My Inn is level 4, and it would cost 100 gems to finish it. So either I spend 100 gems, or my inn will be forever partly constructed!? This is not cool. I was just too busy to do the goal in the time limit TL set, which I think was a little too short to get that many tiles and logs. I probably would have had to do at least three more adventures.