Thread: Collectibles Randomness

Collectibles Randomness

Geez Louise, the randomness of collectibles needs to be checked and fixed.

This morning I received yet another chef's hat, giving me a total of 230 of those buggers ... and that's after redeeming however many of that collection to receive the gold badge (plus probably a few more).

I mean seriously, just how many chef's hats (or any one item in a collection) is really needed? I understand one item in each collection is rare, and the other 3 drop frequently according to some random algorithm. But the drop rate of the chef's hat compared to the apron and oven mitt is ridiculous. And it's the only collectible item that is skewed so badly - flowers excluded since I haven't gone totally wild with wall decorations to be able to earn those (haven't completed it even once).

I agree. The chef hat is the most common to appear of the chef implements. I also noticed the rolling pin also appears often.

Seriously. I have some items that I have 300+ of but can't redeem because those rare items drop so infrequently. Please fix that screwy algorithm so there's a little more rationale to it. It would be much appreciated.