Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gem rewards for crowns

Host(ess)

Gem rewards for crowns

I see in chat that there are now gem rewards for earning certain numbers of crowns. Where are the gems for those of us who are already past the thresholds? Very disappointing that the players who play the most are the ones disadvantaged. Most games would universally implement the achievement so it is retrospectively recognised. What are the chances?

Rhino Keeper
    100 gems for reaching 500 crowns. It is a good bargain. Help new players to match the current level of old players easier, especially with the help of the 3rd workers, so we can have a bigger pool of high level players in the future for a better match up.

Git Up Off o' Dat Thang!

These goals were less to reward and encourage new players and actually geared toward those who play a lot but are either camping or farming in the lower crown ranges. 100 gems for 500 crowns; 250 gems for 1000 crowns; 500 gems for 1500 crowns. The game developer's goal is to lure experienced players back into the upper ranges (which are fairly deplete of targets) and out of the lower ranges (which have become over-populated by players who deliberately dumped their crowns either to hide or to plunder the lower bases.)

Unfortunately, while this incentive is seeing a mass migration of farmers and campers into the upper crown ranges, the solution is short-lived. Most will surely descend again as soon as they collect their gems. If they were down below 500 crowns when the goals launched, they are looking at a reward of at least 850 gems for what is surely an easy climb for this type of player. Because the majority of them are not low-level players; they are powerful high-level, low-crown players.

It's like if you decided to start living in your vacation home, and the government offered you a tax credit to move back to your regular residence for a few days to revitalize the community.

Rhino Keeper
    If we dropped down below the thresholds, would we get the gems?

Quote Originally Posted by liscke View Post
    I see in chat that there are now gem rewards for earning certain numbers of crowns. Where are the gems for those of us who are already past the thresholds? Very disappointing that the players who play the most are the ones disadvantaged. Most games would universally implement the achievement so it is retrospectively recognised. What are the chances?
    If you already are above these respective Crown amounts, you will not be able to rank down and collect the reward. Sorry!

Executive Chef
    Not fair move really .. We play alot and loyal to the game . Now we get te slap in the face , I know many low level crown holder who are high level players would get those gems in no time , so basically they were able to get coins so easy hiding below and now free gems too

Executive Chef
    I don't even feel like I wanna go after crowns anymore ,, fell *****ed in a way , play honest and get slapped

Host(ess)
    This game discourages and penalizes high Lvl players. Stupid move on their part. If we had more levels and were offered crowns on more opponents the high Lvl players wouldn't be getting so unhappy with the game and might stick around longer and spending more money on the game

Rhino Keeper
    Another 50 gems for reaching 250 crowns

Executive Chef
    I just want to say thank for the gems!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast