Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Managing inventory

Rhino Keeper

Lightbulb Managing inventory

Would be nice if there was a little number on each of the items so you know how many you have without going to the inventory and scrolling for an hr to find it. Let say you want to make a earth whisp it tells you how many coals you have and how many are required. But on the right where the earth whisp image is there should be a little number that tells you you have 15 already. Would be usefull to build inventory without having to go in the inventory section and scroll for ever. My inventory doesnt really divide the items very well so it is always a waste of time to look in there. Thanks

I take the thread for an other "wish":
    Put the seasonals into an extra page, also the unique items ( like all the badges, key of doors, etc ), and all the items from neighbor-requests that send after finish, too.
    That would be nice, and dont rubbish my inventory.
    Or delete all "late answers" of requests if they send after finished the goal. Or do i need cherry blossoms and spooky deadwood again? - for example.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing with the numbers, but for crops in planting farms. I always have to check how many Wheat\Cane i have before planting to make sure I don't over plant. It would be useful to have the number of crop items in your inventory in the bottom corner of the icon so you know exactly how many to plant, without having to go into your inventory. This is very annoying since unlike the workshops, the crop icon is not greyed out if you've hit your inventory limit (another suggestion worth implementing).

Regarding useless inventory items, maybe you can let people sell these items for maybe 10 gold coins? This will let them clean up their inventory and the items don't go to total waste.

Host(ess)
    I totally agree. There are 51 pages (or about 150 items) in my "Materials" section and none on the ones named "Consumable" and "Special". The food related stuff including all crops should be in the "Consumable" section and as mentioned before all seasonal and unique items in the "Special" section. I think it would be a great improvement to the gameplay if the game's existing features would be properly used.

Executive Chef
    It would be really nice here if we could have some response from TL as to whether they have any plans on making improvements to the inventory.

With the recent quests it's become clear how important it is to have large stocks of items but I have no idea what I have of anything. There's no order to the inventory and the different sections don't really help to find things and it takes ages to scroll through with so many items.

The only way I can keep track of what I have is to take pen to paper and write it down which is a really silly thing to have to do with a game which is designed to be played on a touch device.

Even dragon story has all stored items on one page which is easy to view. I am sure there is plenty that could be done to make this more user friendly for people playing and help improve the game. Thanks

Or maybe a simple search feature in the inventory to let you search by keyword like wisp an it takes you right to the item. Create a new tab in the inventory pop up an under the tab just have a search box. It would return the item you searched for.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Yeah, TL... You made the tabs, why don't you use them?! And I've suggested before to add a little floaty number to the floaty words showing how many of something you've got...

1 Sugar cane

becomes

1 Sugar cane (36)

And little numbers in the 'what to plant' menu... So many ways to make the game... just... better. And yet... *tumbleweeds*

Farm Supplier
    My 5 cents to inventory ... Yes, please put all the food into the "consumable" tab. Or, better yet, rename the tabs according to the origin of the items (like "kitchen", "workshop") and make the items appear in those tabs.

Also, it would be great if we could gift items from our inventory - I have mine stuffed with leftovers from quests, and other people might need it, like the reindeer, faeriebulb seeds, or polarian lichen.

At some point last year Dragon Story had its inventory like Castle story has it now, and then you changed it to fill up the screen, making it much easier to see what was in storage. Please change the inventory to be a full screen, not 3 items at a time, and make use of the tabbed categories. currently it takes too long to see what you have.
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast