Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redecorating

Rhino Keeper

Redecorating

Hi, can anyone give me some tips on redecorating.

I am trying to do so at present and am finding it quite difficult. I have 2 expansions left, however, I have a number of trees, stones etc that cannot be stored.

At present, I feel like I am playing pass the parcel. I am just moving things around so that I can try and fit everything in. Trees going to one corner, rocks/stones to another. Then I decide I want to place a building in those spots, so the shuffling starts again.

Actually, I think I am now Redfo!

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Executive Chef
    How many coins do you have? If you have quite a few, you might think about putting some of the coin-only buildings in storage. I think for most people, the spires go away first. I also put away my cottages and farmhouses and any other building that doesn't produce materials. That should free up some space. Good luck!

Executive Chef
    Oh, and harvest those piles of stones and extra trees. That makes lots of space.

Rhino Keeper
    There are some amazing kingdoms out there, and the TLDR is : you should kingdom surf for inspiration.

Decorating is challenging in this game. It's tough to strike a balance between something that is aesthetically pleasing while also being functional.

I was in the same situation several months ago, and then I went kingdom surfing through the Social tab.

When you surf, you may find a kingdom style that you would want to model yours like, or find elements of some kingdoms that you particularly like and can incorporate those into yours. When you stumble upon something cool, take a screen capture for future reference.

I know I'm not giving tangible decorating tips, but everyone's tastes are different.

Good luck, and have fun kingdom surfing!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    How many coins do you have? If you have quite a few, you might think about putting some of the coin-only buildings in storage. I think for most people, the spires go away first. I also put away my cottages and farmhouses and any other building that doesn't produce materials. That should free up some space. Good luck!
    Ta, thanks for the advice. Coins - not very much, I just spent most of them on expansions and walls/decorations. I have stored my farmhouses and cottages. Did not think about the spires. Will do that now. I have been rationing my collections from coin only buildings most recently to save energy and at that time I didn't need the coin. Will look at some of those useless buildings and see what I can store. First that comes to mind is Sabrina. She cost me a bucket load in equipment, and gives 2 parts of stuff all. At least lazy Thurston throws me a sword or armour from time to time.

Cheers.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by eepopp View Post
    There are some amazing kingdoms out there, and the TLDR is : you should kingdom surf for inspiration.

Decorating is challenging in this game. It's tough to strike a balance between something that is aesthetically pleasing while also being functional.

I was in the same situation several months ago, and then I went kingdom surfing through the Social tab.

When you surf, you may find a kingdom style that you would want to model yours like, or find elements of some kingdoms that you particularly like and can incorporate those into yours. When you stumble upon something cool, take a screen capture for future reference.

I know I'm not giving tangible decorating tips, but everyone's tastes are different.

Good luck, and have fun kingdom surfing!
    Ta. Excuse my ignorance but what does TLDR stand for? Must admit I have been CS surfing as such and have found some great stuff.

All assistance is much appreciated. Cheers

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    Oh, and harvest those piles of stones and extra trees. That makes lots of space.
    Sorry, forgot to say - am always maxed out on stone, iron, wood and also, most time sap. Therefore do not want to waste the energy. What a really need is a silver mine. That is about the only thing I am ever chasing. Still making stupid amounts of silver platters for the deserts for that ember, I believe does just not exist. Cheers.

Rhino Keeper
    TLDR = Too Long Didn't Read

It just means if you want to get the gist of a block of text (that follows), just read the first sentence, and you can ignore everything that follows.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by outhouse01 View Post
    Sorry, forgot to say - am always maxed out on stone, iron, wood and also, most time sap. Therefore do not want to waste the energy. What a really need is a silver mine. That is about the only thing I am ever chasing. Still making stupid amounts of silver platters for the deserts for that ember, I believe does just not exist. Cheers.
    You can forge iron into silver, coal into jewel if you really need to, but that's expensive way.

I still collect from my mines even when I'm at max for stones. I might still need silver or other mining items.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast