Page 104 of 108 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1075

Thread: Dragon Summoning- Magnetic and Steampunk(IOS) [v1.7.3 required]

Finally got it! Thanks for the advice igames4me and elwood99.

Instead of paying 60 gold for the last 3 chains, I took a risk and did the following:

Waited an hour and paid 9 gold to speed up Athletic egg. Got one chain.
    Waited till the last ten minutes and paid 6 gold to speed up Island egg. Got one chain.
    Spent 20 gold to "buy all" and finish the summoning.

Ended up paying 35 gold instead of 60.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by quangtran65 View Post
    Finally got it! Thanks for the advice igames4me and elwood99.

Instead of paying 60 gold for the last 3 chains, I took a risk and did the following:

Waited an hour and paid 9 gold to speed up Athletic egg. Got one chain.
    Waited till the last ten minutes and paid 6 gold to speed up Island egg. Got one chain.
    Spent 20 gold to "buy all" and finish the summoning.

Ended up paying 35 gold instead of 60.
    I am very happy for you. Congrats

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MakJulos View Post
    There's a formula for that i guess - the less of an item they get to sell, they higher they price it to still get a bunch of money out of the sale.
    they really love squeezing us. If this isn't shameless and disrespectful i don't know what is.
    I wound up spending gold to get steampunk. but I'm still going to wait for their response to my ticket. And then i'll bite.

New Resident
    Okey, this is ridiculous, first the game bugs out and I don't get ANY parts from harvesting crops for 3-4 days (harvesting almost only 8 h crops). Then I read on the forum that the game had problems and that rotating the farms fixed it for some. I discovered about this about 4 h til end of feature. I rotated my farmes and got 4 more bolts in this time. It's ridiculus, 4 bolts in 4 h and then 3-4 days without bolts. I was still short to get both Magnetic and Steampunk and decided to use my saved gold to buy at least the Magnetic, since the Steampunk was too expensive, but then the game takes away the summoning icon BEFORE the time was up. I was just going to use my gold when the summoning icon disappeared, with time STILL left on the clock. Now I ended this summoning without any of the two dragons and it was not my fault, I tried really hard to get both of the dragons. This event was really not one of the best ones from the TL group. They better shape it up in the future or they will loose players.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ElinaVijo View Post
    Okey, this is ridiculous, first the game bugs out and I don't get ANY parts from harvesting crops for 3-4 days (harvesting almost only 8 h crops). Then I read on the forum that the game had problems and that rotating the farms fixed it for some. I discovered about this about 4 h til end of feature. I rotated my farmes and got 4 more bolts in this time. It's ridiculus, 4 bolts in 4 h and then 3-4 days without bolts. I was still short to get both Magnetic and Steampunk and decided to use my saved gold to buy at least the Magnetic, since the Steampunk was too expensive, but then the game takes away the summoning icon BEFORE the time was up. I was just going to use my gold when the summoning icon disappeared, with time STILL left on the clock. Now I ended this summoning without any of the two dragons and it was not my fault, I tried really hard to get both of the dragons. This event was really not one of the best ones from the TL group. They better shape it up in the future or they will loose players.
    Wow so AGAIN it ended early? Was it 3 hrs? Or how long?

Try emailing tl last time it ended early they did take gold from players and give them the dragons

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkalito View Post
    they really love squeezing us. If this isn't shameless and disrespectful i don't know what is.
    I wound up spending gold to get steampunk. but I'm still going to wait for their response to my ticket. And then i'll bite.
    I think the shamelessness and disrespect all too easy comes along when it's about selling virtual goods on internet, and the squeezing really is a must to be able to offer the product at all...but it could all be done in a much nicer way at least, if too obvious it can backfire (especially with a product that is very glitchy lol) - and it did here, i bet more than i have become very hesitant to pay real money for stuff they sell, but...the fix in the end of the event saved the day for many players at least if not all, and likely saved the day for TL too!

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by igames4me View Post
    Wow so AGAIN it ended early? Was it 3 hrs? Or how long?

Try emailing tl last time it ended early they did take gold from players and give them the dragons
    No, it wasn't that long time before, the icon disappered about 20 min before ending. It was still really annoying since I just decided that I would buy the Magnetic dragon for my gold, during the day I've been thinking if it was worth it or not, they always get out new better dragons so. But now I don't know if I want the dragon anymore, this summoning has been so bad for so many so I don't want to give my gold away to TL, I rather save it for another time when everything is handled fair and square. But thanks for the tip, I will maybe email TL tomorrow after I calmed down with a good night of sleep

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MakJulos View Post
    The summoning event bugged out, and TL didn't do anything about it until last day, when they changed so that if you had reached a lower number of items on 2 of the 3 tasks you got the rewards for it, the chains from farming remained the same though. If you were lucky and had managed to get the chains needed, and the lower numbers of the other items, you got the dragon(s). It's all very strange, but at least they calmed a bunch of players down with this imo unfair fix.
    I wouldn't say I'm calmed although I did end up with both dragons. My requirements changed from 105 to 76. This was a huge point of contention for me with these summonings. With this one, I had collected 99 pieces and was 6 bolts shy of completing all the tasks. I had 1 harvest left and it appeared as though I'd make it. At the suggestion of another player to one of my early post, I begrudgingly decided to give up precious sleep to make sure I harvested/planted every 20 hrs or as close to it as I could get. Yep crazy I know, that was my initial response to the suggestion, but for once I wanted to see if I could finish this thing even with all the issues reported. It was a sweet and sour victory logging in and seeing that my requirements had been lowered and I had summoned the steampunk. I am also extremely glad so many others that had issues with drops received them too, but sad that others did not.

I'm sorry that the game wasn't simply extended to give everyone a chance, but they did address the requirement issue, which was a biggie. If the game had a little date/clock at the top menu when we took screen shots we could prove the date/time. This would go a long way towards helping people prove whether or not they received drops for multiple days, or even had purchase issues. I take SS sometimes but an in game date/clock would help prove issues faster and with more validity.

The bigger issues were not completely glossed over by me with lowering of the requirements as the continued disparity is extremely bothersome. I will have to wait and see what happens, but it was a first step. Although I love the concept, I'm still irritated with the Summoning events overall and would like to see the programming issues resolved so that players always start out in an equal footing. If the odds are not 100% this should be clearly stated as a large amount of players expected to get these dragons for free, seeing this event as another game goal; i.e: if you complete the tasks you should ultimately get the dragons, but this wasn't necessarily the case. TL really did very little to clarify their intent or expectations for this game feature. Players can usually figure things out with little information (battle arena) but when the rules fluctuate constantly it can be difficult.

Poor communication, mismanagement of events like this and others, high prices, and the constant disparity of the odds to boost gold purchases is what will likely drive me away from the game. I don't mind spending money on a beloved bad habit, because that's what this is for me, but I feel like I've invested too much time, effort, and money in it walk away without giving the developers a chance and seeing it through. It's up to the business owners to build a sense of trust with it's customers. Lowering prices of gold, the dragons and habitats was great for the holiday but the costs for them are too high to begin with and we should see more significant sales events like these or maybe a regular lowering of prices (loved the 250 spotlight sales). I understand 250 was out of reach for some and is still pricey, but when you're looking at 50% off high gold items it was an appreciated reprieve. This is just my opinion, but ultimately games like this will not survive until they find a happy medium to gain profit along with maintaining an attractive, distinctive game and quality customer service/communication. From the way things are going it's possible the first is sacrificed for the later. I just don't know if it's intentional or a byproduct of running these types of games, but I think they should try much harder.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    At least you got it. Well done.
    Thanks Belbar. I just have enough gold for some Ultimate for next Tourney.
    Anyway all the gold I got was given by TL during the Tourney.
    Although we complain at least TL is trying to make the game interesting. They have a few bugs to clear though.

Rhino Keeper
    Didn't get steampunk, but didn't want to buy with gold as I didn't have that much.. Oh well. Maybe it'll come back sometime like headless did.