Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Farming Resources: Coins and Spellstones

Executive Chef
    Good idea ) yes healers

Quote Originally Posted by scottyhaha View Post
    Good idea ) yes healers
    No, best farmer are dragons.... Send a single dragon to take out everything in its path... Yay for dragons...

Executive Chef
    Let's do combo 2 dragons and 4 healers

Host(ess)
    Cooking them now! ❤️ the idea

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PherG View Post
    Jeez you wonder why theses tactics Were a closely keep secret. Well your about to find out.
    1. Everybody drops
    2. Good farming ends
    3. FM changes the game to discourage
    I just want to be the first to thank you, hope you didn't what to keep farming
    Again, I have nothing against farmers. I would like FM to innovate a feature that can accommodate farmers. There is another game that introduced Epic Battles (alliance collective battles against the system) for farmers. Though currently I have no idea yet on how such a system could work on KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Grog76 View Post
    But hush my dear children. Royal Hall penalties will be on the way . Salvation is at hand.
    I don't really hope the RH penalties be implemented. I am more into additional rewards for winning against tougher opponents. Also changing the matchmaking system based on level and overhaul on the crowns system.

Here are several discussions regarding the suggestion. I do really hope FM could see and say what they think.
    https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...urnament-rules
    https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...elessly-flawed
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....w-Crown-System

Farm Supplier
    Syllrag, I've read a whole lot of player feedback from *more established third-party similar game* players and they have the same gripes many KC players do regarding matching. There is no perfect system whether its level, crown/trophy, or layout-based.

Hall/loot penalties were brought in at June from what I can gather and reaction is mixed. It encouraged players to max up their infrastructure as much as practical before taking the jump to level up their hall. A lot of players who leveled up their hall too early were cannon fodder for both peers and players with hall levels below them. They were penalised resources for raiding players below them and couldn't beat their peers or players above them. Many of these players gave up because they couldn't get resources or had them looted as soon as they got them. The result was many abandoned bases and a farmer's paradise. We're talking high level bases too, not just two-weekers.

FM has a fine balancing act - how to keep the game appealing enough to attract new entrants while remaining appealing enough for the established set. Loot penalties might do it but your planning and strategy has to be robust to cope with them.

All I know is, with the constantly shifting sands experienced in this game, you have to all explore all legal means and be prepared and plan for anything that might disadvantage you in future you unless you are willing to loosen your purse strings.

Quote Originally Posted by PherG View Post
    Jeez you wonder why theses tactics Were a closely keep secret. Well your about to find out.
    1. Everybody drops
    2. Good farming ends
    3. FM changes the game to discourage
    I just want to be the first to thank you, hope you didn't what to keep farming
    They never WERE a "closely kept secret." Like I said at the start, many people took it to be their secret, but farming is as old as rain. Syllrag mentioning it here does NOT bring it to the game developers' attention. FireMocha has always known about farming. Their moderators have alluded to it in the earliest threads of this forum. []

FireMocha is no stranger to the various tactics of players in these types of games. They've had a long history of trying to discourage this kind of thing in their Storm8 games, and are well aware that players always, always find a workaround to every penalty. Farming is alive and well in just about every battle game where you can strip opponents.

Don't worry. Not everyone will do it. It's counter-intuitive to most players, and many will find it distasteful. They should. There was never any such thing as "good farming" because it has always been a cheap and rather low-down tactic. But if you subscribe to the notion that all's fair in love and war, such high-minded nonsense won't keep you from enjoying your plunder. Honor has no place here. Battle on!
    Last edited by maguar; 11-21-13 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Removed third party reference

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sand View Post
    They never WERE a "closely kept secret." Like I said at the start, many people took it to be their secret, but farming is as old as rain. Syllrag mentioning it here does NOT bring it to the game developers' attention. FireMocha has always known about farming. Their moderators have alluded to it in the earliest threads of this forum. []
    I think PherG meant for the players. Not all KC players aware about the other game and also on the farming method. That's why I presented the information here as a knowledge and an option for everyone.

And to inform on FM misleading information:

Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    The second change we did was to the matchmaking system. Before, we match players based on the defensive strength of the attacker and defender, which was a flawed implementation, and I take full responsibility for this. Now players are match relative to their offensive progression (army camp/barracks levels, troop promotions etc..) and the defender's defensive progression. This will not be exploitable as the prior system was.
    Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    Crown based matchmaking is very exploitable. It allows players to purposely lose matches in order to deflate their count, enabling them to hide at low Crown levels with a town that is too strong to defeat for low ranked players.
    As for:

Quote Originally Posted by scottyhaha View Post
    Good idea ) yes healers
    Quote Originally Posted by jahil View Post
    No, best farmer are dragons.... Send a single dragon to take out everything in its path... Yay for dragons...
    That's for another story.
    Last edited by maguar; 11-21-13 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Edited quote

Why don't we just leave this thread quiet. If someone really searches for "that kind of strategy" he will find it over the search function. Well, it is not that top secret thing, but we should not paint it on the empire state building. Let this thread quietly go down. ;-) *threadclosed*

Rhino Keeper
    568 views. I guess, a lot of people are farming..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast