Thread: Please search before posting

Unregistered

Please search before posting

Hello!!! There is a search function on this forum. Why can't people search for key words on the questions or issues they have before posting on something that has been talking about a dozen times already.

I know the search function is not user friendly and is a pain in the ass to use but please try it first.

Unregistered
    Bump

Totally agree!

Cant believe how many threads on exact issues are cluttering the board. People are so lazy.
    I stopped answering any of the ones that are so redundant like what does short forms mean, whats the second cash for, questions about emoji,best gifts, etc

Unregistered

Android, please your forum

Bump. For me it is the android users posting over and over again about their wall and flooring issues. How is it they have no idea that there is an Android section all for them, with sticky's at the top by Norman which explains why they can't do this yet. If they would even read the forum divisions, they will see the Android one, but they don't even look!
    This is TL's target audience; impatient, non-researching, non-reading with the attention span of a gnat. That's probably why they keep coming out with new games.

Unregistered
    BUMP!!!

All you ever see are new posts about the same issues. And android users continually posting about their walls and floors.

There is a search function... please use it.

Unregistered
    Android users! GRRRR! One use just posted that they couldn't change their walls/floors... someone answered them... then another android asked for help, in the same thread, 'cos they couldn't change their floor/walls! THEIR QUESTION WAS ANSWERED IN THE POST ABOVE THEIRS!!! That question has been answered SO MANY TIMES, yet it seems that (some) android users cant read either, because they keep posting the same question in a thread that already has the answer in it!

BUMP
    BUMP
    BUMP

Unregistered
    Relax!! U don't have to answer them personally for christ's sake. U were such a pro when u started?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Relax!! U don't have to answer them personally for christ's sake. U were such a pro when u started?
    I think the point they are trying to make is that there is a search function in the forum, but people keep posting new threads asking the same questions, rather than doing a search first.

Unregistered

I DO feel like I need to answer.... isn't that what this forum is about?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I get annoyed with new threads asking the same questions, too. I will sit here mumbling to myself that there is a search function and why dont people use it... but I try to answer a lot of them that haven't already been answered because if I were in their position and had posted a question, I would like to at least receive an answer myself. And, as annoying and repetative as those questions are, maybe I will have some good karma coming to me for it.

Unregistered
    Ever thought about making a sticky (or a few) that contain the most frequently asked and answers. Yes, a faq, but smaller and more quickly to see. People are lazy, and most of them dont know how to look for something or dont feel like searching ten topics or so. Even if they are found by searchfunction.that way all you have to is present the sticky (or its link). Maybe TL needs to hire a mod who knows what he s doing. Or get more...

Not to be rude or so, but i'd give it a thought.