Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Halloween removal/ November 15

Rhino Keeper
    Got the pop up on BS & Fashion, so I assume it's for all games.

If putting timers on discontinued items is too complicated, could we get a list of recipes/decor leaving as it would be extremely helpful. There are recipes/items which are Autumn/Fall themed like Autumn Cookie display, Pumpkin Soup, Pumpkin Porridge etc... which could possibly fall into the Halloween theme since they were released just prior or around the same time.

I still have some recipes on "regular" appliances that need to be completed & need to know if I have to switch out Thanksgiving appliances to get them done. I have completed the obvious Halloween (spider, devil, etc..) recipes but the soup ( which has a cat in the middle of the bowl), porridge, candy corn cupcakes, etc..I am questioning.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is once you have a specialty appliance like the Witch's Stove you can continue cooking year round, right?

Executive Chef
    Just saw the pop ups today on all my games, I'm guessing they're taking off all halloween content to make room for all the holiday items we're gonna get. Halloween theme isn't my favorite in decor, but I still buy stuff just to switch things out for the season. So excited to see what's all in store for us this year for the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie6969 View Post
    Got the pop up on BS & Fashion, so I assume it's for all games.

I still have some recipes on "regular" appliances that need to be completed & need to know if I have to switch out Thanksgiving appliances to get them done. I have completed the obvious Halloween (spider, devil, etc..) recipes but the soup ( which has a cat in the middle of the bowl), porridge, candy corn cupcakes, etc..I am questioning.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is once you have a specialty appliance like the Witch's Stove you can continue cooking year round, right?
    I still have the witches stove & monster oven from Halloween 2012 and was able to utilize them by cooking the recipes associated with them.
    As for the recipes on 'regular' stove, oven & grill, they should still be accessible as well. I have old goal recipes locked on those appliances I'll never be able to get to because I either wasn't playing then or was to low a player to access them at the time and they weren't removed. They are still there and locked for me.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    I still have the witches stove & monster oven from Halloween 2012 and was able to utilize them by cooking the recipes associated with them.
    As for the recipes on 'regular' stove, oven & grill, they should still be accessible as well. I have old goal recipes locked on those appliances I'll never be able to get to because I either wasn't playing then or was to low a player to access them at the time and they weren't removed. They are still there and locked for me.
    Those locked recipes were goal recipes which do not get removed. I know in January when they removed holiday content that they removed non goal recipes from the regular appliances. So I wouldn't assume that recipes are safe at this stage.
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Thks, Maguar. Guess I better get crackin' on those 'regular' appliances recipes.

Rhino Keeper
    Yeah I definitely think the Halloween recipes are goners. Check out this thread TinksThots started if you are curious about the removal of holiday content last year: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....ebacle-of-2013. And don't count on recipes on specialty appliances being safe either, not after the great candy cane catastrophe in bakery story last year. They might not be removed now, but could definitely be gone in January. Last year players were told that the recipes on constructible appliances would not be removed, but it turned out they weren't any safer than any other recipe.

Executive Chef
    Ooh that isn't enough time to finish all those lovely recipes! I am still hopeful that the removal only applies to decorations.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by freesiawoods View Post
    Ooh that isn't enough time to finish all those lovely recipes! I am still hopeful that the removal only applies to decorations.
    Fingers crossed . I hope so too. But if I were you, I would definitely try to have the ones on the basic oven, grill, and stove mastered by January because if they aren't pulled on Friday, I'm pretty sure they will be then.

Fashion Designer
    I am looking through the menus to see if there is ANYTHING I can't live without. Past experience has shown that a few extra "seasonal" and "themed" items unrelated to goals will probably disappear along with the Halloween / Autumn decor.

Remember: decor removal includes tables, chairs, wallpaper and tiles. Recipes disappear from the regular ovens but not the specialty items. .....except those candy canes........ I'm still unhappy about the candy canes. Grrrrr.

I'm glad I've mastered all the Halloween recipes on the regular appliances. But given how TL does things, we shall see if they will remove anything that's unrelated to Halloween or not. Hmmm~

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast