Thread: Bakery full of Tables: Why? Revenue? Decor? Nope! None of the above ...

Lightbulb Bakery full of Tables: Why? Revenue? Decor? Nope! None of the above ...

Tables: much debate on the value or purpose of having a bakery full of tables and it's unappealing sense of design. Some would argue to make more money from more tips, really? With 300 plus nbors it's impossible for all let alone half to tip, even with half its about $18K in revenue. Earning $150K overnight in strictly food sales mitigates any incentive to view tips as a valuable source of revenue.

Dear I mention decor / lack thereof? A bakery with 18 seats n 300 tables is not appealing, moving around a few to create shapes or words doesn't earn design points either - Puhleez! Tables promote the nbor-like traits of sharing and reciprocating through the byproduct of tipping. The table invokes the basic intent of what nboring is all about. Even being full is not a missed opportunity, as the table still served its purpose putting you or ure nbor into action proactively or reactively - they come cause they know it's there.

Whether you have too many or just enough it doesnt really matter - Although too many would be classified as a table warehouse, not a Bakery. It will never get you rich off tips but it will always serve its purpose, by giving nbors the maximum opportunity to be nbors in a nborly fashion.

Rhino Keeper
    Well, since we have Stormie's bakery - we know TL can create tables which auto-empty when you leave and re-enter the bakery. If TL would let us do this, and track it somehow, we could eliminate this issue. That means we'd only need 6 tables (even though we need more for maximum food selling..) That means we'd only need enough tables to get the max profit per hour and no more. I try to do as much decoration as possible, but with 200+ neighbors, I get way too many 'full'. I work 10-12 hours a day, and it's impossible to get on to clear my tables often enough if I don't fill it up with tables Unfortunately it looks junky with all those tables... I wish they'd give us the auto-empty tables along with an actual history of tippers.

Rhino Keeper
    That's a very good idea (I'd do a cartwheel, or two maybe) for tables to auto-clear. Tables that would auto clear after x amount of mins/hours would be a nice project to entail. The logs would be a bonus, but sure more difficult to implement (not to mention more disk/bandwidth), so low priority for that. Possibly an incentive for TeamLava to implement something like this, would be to add options to your gems sales. Say maybe everyone gets a base x amount of mins/hrs for tables to clear. Compare to the Sonic Appliances. Now say have an option to purchase, with gems, 20% or whatever increase in time that the tables auto clear. Have to use your imagination ^_^

But at one point a while back, I had a 'table warehouse' for a few weeks. My thinking wasn't just greed, being a very low level player (with limited appliances/income at that point. I somehow had it in my head that not only I was getting extra money but was also helping low level neighbors to always have a place that they could tip (Trying to raise 'Star Rating') in hopes of showing up on Community, thus hopefully making quick neighbors in the process. Its kind of annoying when you're 'in the mood' to go tipping and everybody you encounter is full. Its a slow load time on some phones to the next neighbor. After a while you kind of remember which neighbors are most likely to be full when you visit, and put them in the bottom of the queue, because of that. The addition of a feature like that would be a win-win.

New Resident
    I agree with your point dariusn7100, I find this way of 'decorating' so not good, not practical and not appealing at all!!

Executive Chef
    these tables are for drawing funny stuff on them with tips)))

Executive Chef
    probably they've played Farm story before, and miss the feature)))

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nky1111 View Post
    these tables are for drawing funny stuff on them with tips)))
    This! Not much to do with just 6 tips but if the tables aren't all clear you can get creative

Rhino Keeper
    I totally agree with you. I see soooo many of these bakeries when I go out and tip the community and I think it's incredibly boring and not fun to look at. But everyone has their own way of playing and decorating so I try to respect that . I just tip quietly and move on. I see a lot of level 99 bakeries that do this and I wonder if people think the 1 xp they are collecting from each tip left on the table will help them reach the elusive level 100. And I'm sure some people do it because they are too busy to check their game 1000 times a day and they have have a lot of neighbors and are trying to be courteous so each neighbor can tip if they visit. I have about 50 active neighbors who visit daily and I don't have nearly enough tables for them all to tip...and I don't really care haha. I make 300-400K a day with my layout so tips are pretty meaningless to me and have been for a long time now. The only reason I generally stay at a 4 star rating is because I tip back everyone who tips me and I have a ton of neighbors who keep their walls updated with their current gift choice so I figure I may as well tip while I am there.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by gdmcrjunkie View Post
    if the tables aren't all clear you can get creative
    when all the tables get full, THEY can get creative)))))))

Rhino Keeper
    Speaking for myself, I have tons of tables because I use them to create boundaries so my customers come in and out faster. The fun part about this game, for me, is mastering recipes to get gems to buy fancy wallpaper and tile.
    So, you see, my tables are functional. I don't have them there as a fashion statement. I have lots of tables to make my bots come in and out faster, so the surplus of food I always have gets depleted faster. I do not have so many tables because I'm hoping lots of people tip me. Another good thing about having lots of tables is the fact that I never, ever, have to waste time letting someone know when my tables are clear. I have only sixteen neighbors but all of them are awesome, so they always tip back. I can only imagine how bad it would be trying to clear my tables if I had 50 neighbors like most people do .