Thread: Bakery Expansions and Game Play

New Resident

Bakery Expansions and Game Play

Do bakery expansions matter to game play? I know that they affect how many tables you can place and such, but I'm wondering if the amount of visitors you get or profits you receive have any dependence on bakery size.

Quote Originally Posted by smayhem8 View Post
    Do bakery expansions matter to game play? I know that they affect how many tables you can place and such, but I'm wondering if the amount of visitors you get or profits you receive have any dependence on bakery size.
    Bakery size doesn't matter to game play, amount of visitors or profits. I've seen quite a few level 99 players with 16x19 and others with gigantor bakeries. I think your Popularity (# of visitors or nbors) will be a result of your engagement level - insightful wall posts, sharing of best practices and charisma. History has shown the vast majority of nbors that visit and quickly post 'tng' (tips n gift) or gift requests have very limited intel or healthy dialog on their wall vs those who visit and even though you're full, manage to prompt or initiate some robust conversations. Profits? Well that relies solely on your layout effeciency and cooking strategy (cooking dishes that yield 10-12 coins per serving appose to 4 coins per serving). It's my professional opinion that the Bakery Size and how you utilize every Sqft - or in this case every tile, fosters the creative aspect of bakery story that we all crave so dearly. Whether big or small, how you design is an important element to the game and highlights your sense of taste. Sorry 4 being longwinded.

New Resident
    Thanks!

Executive Chef
    profity also depends on the number of counters, it needs enough of them to reach the 43000 per day limit if you don't intend to run the game open overnight.

if you do (run it overnight), you can get away with 12 tables and 1 (one) counter lol

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nky1111 View Post
    profity also depends on the number of counters, it needs enough of them to reach the 43000 per day limit if you don't intend to run the game open overnight.

if you do (run it overnight), you can get away with 12 tables and 1 (one) counter lol
    I don't understand this... What's the difference between leaving the game open and closing it? Which is better?

Executive Chef
    Consumption is different. when open it's determined by customers coming and eating as shown on the screen.
    when closed (offline) it's determined by happiness rating , number of counters and the limit if it's reached.

Open bakery can sell up to 2x faster than the limit for offline, but to achieve this you have to stuff the tables into the small area to get the kids moving faster. And of course to leave it open. Also there's an old version of the bakery story (1.0 or something) where the kids move even faster.

Rhino Keeper
    I see I didn't realise open and closed could be that different. Thanks!