View Poll Results: What Items Would You Like Added?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christmas Tree

50 51.02%
  • Turkey

34 34.69%
  • Reindeer

45 45.92%
  • Horses

45 45.92%
  • Hot Beverage Maker

52 53.06%
  • Coffee Maker

40 40.82%
  • Furniture Workshop

43 43.88%
  • Tree that Yields Wood

32 32.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Farm Story 2: New Poll and Suggestion Thread 11-2-13

Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    Maybe each farm could have an icon, like maybe a truck, that leads to a Farmer's Market where, rather than buying from neighbors or the newspaper, we can post what we want/need and leave behind what we're willing to trade for it. Like, for example, 8 cornbread for 1 bass, or 3 butter for 1 lemon tart. This would free up some space in our barns and silos, it could make it easier for us to meet our plane and/or train delivery requirements, and it could even allow neighbors to "specialize" in what they focus on producing: for example, Farmer John might raise a lot of potatoes and produce a lot of french fries and baked potatoes while Farmer Mary focuses on growing lots of wheat and making lots of flour and biscuits and fried eggs, and Farmer Dan might be producing a lot of livestock feed, and the three of them can trade off back and forth to meet their needs in whatever they can't make enough of.
    Ok you lost me. You have an icon, and that helps you trade? How does that work? Also, first of all, I already have 4 neighbors who I trade with daily. I give them something for price x and they give something for price x. Then I could give another neighbor something for price z and they give something for price z. Second, don't we already have icons? And third, why would we need this? What does it bring to the game besides a big hassle for TeamLava?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockinkitten View Post
    I'd like to just be able to have a half price sale! Maybe once Every 10 hrs like the shop promotion? I've worked out how to price everything so it'll sell, but if something stays in my shop too long I'll use promotion and it'll sell then.
    I can see this working. Although, I know I don't mind when goods are in my shop too long, I can see some people getting frustrated with that. Maybe there could be a little checkbox in the corner asking whether you want to be part of the half price sale.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mathstagelover View Post
    Ok you lost me. You have an icon, and that helps you trade? How does that work? Also, first of all, I already have 4 neighbors who I trade with daily. I give them something for price x and they give something for price x. Then I could give another neighbor something for price z and they give something for price z. Second, don't we already have icons? And third, why would we need this? What does it bring to the game besides a big hassle for TeamLava?
    By "icon" I meant something that would open up another menu, like the Newsstand or the Side Shop. And what it might assist us in doing is helping us to collect what we need from those who have it, who might in turn need something that we ourselves have a surplus of--this, rather than repeatedly checking the Newsstand in hopes that someone might put up those elusive items at the right time, or scrolling through our neighbors, or visiting random members of the community on the chance that one of them has what we need. This would also be more of a "trade" than what we do through the Newsstand or the Side Shop, which is actually buying the items.

As far as the trading with neighbors regularly goes, how exactly do you do that? I was under the impression that anything placed in your Side Shop was available to anyone who happened to pass by, so there would be no guarantees that the person you intended it for would receive it.

Gingerbread man cookies made in the bakery. Then with the cookies, whipped cream and chocolate bar, we can make a gingerbread house to sell!

Rhino Keeper
    Woot! Today I got one old map, 3 land deeds, 4 land thingie with clipboard and..........A SHOVEL!!! OMG THX TL! Also yesterday I got 4 land deeds, 3 bricks, nail.

I want chocolate milk from the dairy!

Executive Chef
    I want a way to make our on lumber,,, we have the trees but only get logs,,,, then make them into buttons or a necklace,,, we can't we make lumber I finally got the forge,.. And I need lumber to make stuff,,, had it since Black Friday and can't use it so people,don't buy the forge .., it's useless with out lumber ,,

Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    As far as the trading with neighbors regularly goes, how exactly do you do that? I was under the impression that anything placed in your Side Shop was available to anyone who happened to pass by, so there would be no guarantees that the person you intended it for would receive it.
    To trade with one of your neighbors, all you have to do is find a time whe you are both on, and post ready messages when the person selling the item is ready to sell and the person buying the item is at the shop waiting. This way, as soon as the person puts up the desired item for sale, the other will already be there waiting and therefore get it before anyone else does. Does that make sense?

Fashion Designer
    When my daughter and I try to sell stuff to each other it's a 50/50 chance we find. With the time it takes to sync, someone else can snap up your item before your chosen customer does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockinkitten View Post
    When my daughter and I try to sell stuff to each other it's a 50/50 chance we find. With the time it takes to sync, someone else can snap up your item before your chosen customer does.
    This is actually an awesome suggestion. I want to sell stuff to my sis for a really cheap price but someone else usually snatches up the item before my sister's ipad shows it! I have made some farmers really happy with flowers for $40.

And for the poll, HORSES!!!!!
    It's not a farm without a few horses.

Also the furniture shop could be nice.

Executive Chef
    You know how we can bundle orders for the train? How about being able to bundle up the different components for the plane deliveries as well? It would take things out of our barn and free up space, and (for me, at least) it will help identify which orders are actually partially filled and which has items being counted twice or more--like if I have four orders, all needing cornbread and I have 2, they'll all say I have enough, only I actually won't.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast