Thread: Flying by the seat of my pants...

Fashion Designer

Red face Flying by the seat of my pants...

For the first time in months I'm flying by the seat of my pants with the bat habitat, barracks, and Greselda goals. At first I had no time to come to the boards because I had real life and work to tend, but now that things have eased up a bit, I've still not yet looked at the updates thread, and I'm thinking maybe I won't until I'm done with the goals.

Know what I've found? A new interest in the game, like what I had when I first started playing, before I knew all the steps I'd be seeing and how many blocks and glues I'd need down the line. The sense of discovery is back.

At first I felt dreadfully behind all my fellow forum folk/friends and was embarrassed, felt left behind, but then I wondered why I had to be at the forefront and keep up with my friends. For what? To get bored faster and gripe about when the next update will come out? (Guilty as charged, I am.)

So I haven't had all my magic cements, red dyes, or--gasp--the amphitheater or cathedral, and have had to stop and make them along the way, but you know what? I'm excited about what will come next. I think I should do this more often and come here primarily for fun and community instead of to stockpile for upcoming goals.

Anyone else flown by the seat of their pants lately?

If not, you should, at least for one goal, just to see the kind of exciting suspense it brings. I dare you.

~ Gardienn, Kingdom ruler of Goldonis Saveir ~

Executive Chef
    I agree with you..... I have been doing that for a while now and it is much better not knowing what is coming and to work toward completing the quests

Nightclub Owner
    Are you checking ahead if its a time limited quest line?
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    Are you checking ahead if its a time limited quest line?
    No I didn't for the glimmerbat. I saw the deadline, but didn't start it right away because I was juggling goals. I completed it without a problem.

I did notice that the deadline would reset or change at different stages of the goal to allow enough time to complete that portion, for example, to get glimmer rocks or the actual bat. If I remember correctly, it gave me five days to collect glimmer rocks and six days to come back with a bat.

I love my erratic-flying creature.

Nightclub Owner
    I'm tempted to confiscate his fruit as he seems a little hyperactive from all the sugar.
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    I'm tempted to confiscate his fruit as he seems a little hyperactive from all the sugar.
    I think he's just trying to catch all the uncaptured faeries.

Fashion Designer
    In my pants-flying, I wondered if I could craft two queen carriages before the option disappeared from my workshop, so before I collected one, I started crafting the other. Then I collected the first one. Sure enough, the option disappeared, but my second one is still crafting, so I'm hopeful I'll have two of her carriages in my kingdom.

I can't wait to discharge Greselda and put the carriages to good use in Goldonis Saveir, like carting her off to prison in the troll pit and chaining the Baron inside the bat habitat.

Executive Chef
    I agree with doing things at your own pace and just enjoying. I did have a peek at the recent goals but never used to, and enjoyed the game more then. Knowing what's coming and how much more of this and that you need can get frustrating. I am miles behind with dragon egg and glimmergate but you know what, at least I still have stuff to look forward to.