Thread: New Crown System

Lightbulb New Crown System

Hi FireMocha Programmers,

I have one suggestion that might be very interesting for you. In my opinion a hard working player should have a higher rank as an inactive player just sitting on his almost invincible kingdom. Therefore: The New Crown System (NCS)!

The system would be similar to the ATP Ranking (Tennis). So the crowns you win, are only alive for a certain time period. Let's make an example if this time period would be 1 month:

1. 1. January: Player A starts playing on from 0 and wins 100 crown on that day. Total points ==> 100
    2. 31. January: Player A plays the whole month and makes on average 40 crowns per day. Total points ==> 1300
    3. 1. February: Player A makes one day pause. Because the lifetime of his crowns is only 1 month, he looses the 100 crowns of 1. January. Total points ==> 1200
    4. 1. July: Player A played a lot, earned himself the third place of the global ranking and has e.g. Total points ==> 1800
    5. 1. August: Player A was on holiday and could not play KC for the whole month. So he lost all his crowns. Total points ==> 0
    6. 31. August: Player A was playing the whole month and earned again the same crowns and ranking as he had before. Total points ==> 1800

Like this we would not have those "Dead Monsters" lying around and frequent players would be rewarded. This would also be a motivation for advanced older players. IMHO this method would be very fair and guarantee that each player really has to earn the rank he owns. Otherwise player build up their crowns and sit on them like an old dragon sleeping on his pile of gold. ;-)

On global rank 1 there sits still the person with the most solid kingdom but he has to work to stay there. Sounds very fair, yes?

@admins: It would be nice if this suggestion would find its way on a table of the developers.
    @players: What do you think about my idea? You can also add something or improve it.

Cheers,

MeisterLampee

you're so funny, you crack me up, RRD! Still that mad at HOPR? Mad now that he hasn't played in 2 weeks and he is still up there at 2?

I like your idea in general but I think e.g., Nary is a much bigger problem (assume she is using summoner/healer combo). And the bugs. And the ridiculous upgrading regime. And the matching system. And the hacks. And the fact that balance between offense and defence is off at the highest levels.

There is just so many issues right now that I am afraid people will start quitting soon. And that would be much more detrimental to all of us than HOPR sitting on his ass or whatever he is doing right now. Don't you agree, rivalries aside?

Quote Originally Posted by MeisterLampee View Post
    Hi FireMocha Programmers,

I have one suggestion that might be very interesting for you. In my opinion a hard working player should have a higher rank as an inactive player just sitting on his almost invincible kingdom. Therefore: The New Crown System (NCS)!

The system would be similar to the ATP Ranking (Tennis). So the crowns you win, are only alive for a certain time period. Let's make an example if this time period would be 1 month:

1. 1. January: Player A starts playing on from 0 and wins 100 crown on that day. Total points ==> 100
    2. 31. January: Player A plays the whole month and makes on average 40 crowns per day. Total points ==> 1300
    3. 1. February: Player A makes one day pause. Because the lifetime of his crowns is only 1 month, he looses the 100 crowns of 1. January. Total points ==> 1200
    4. 1. July: Player A played a lot, earned himself the third place of the global ranking and has e.g. Total points ==> 1800
    5. 1. August: Player A was on holiday and could not play KC for the whole month. So he lost all his crowns. Total points ==> 0
    6. 31. August: Player A was playing the whole month and earned again the same crowns and ranking as he had before. Total points ==> 1800

Like this we would not have those "Dead Monsters" lying around and frequent players would be rewarded. This would also be a motivation for advanced older players. IMHO this method would be very fair and guarantee that each player really has to earn the rank he owns. Otherwise player build up their crowns and sit on them like an old dragon sleeping on his pile of gold. ;-)

On global rank 1 there sits still the person with the most solid kingdom but he has to work to stay there. Sounds very fair, yes?

@admins: It would be nice if this suggestion would find its way on a table of the developers.
    @players: What do you think about my idea? You can also add something or improve it.

Cheers,

MeisterLampee
    Did you notice the sign in front of my kingdom that says: "DEAD MONSTER STORAGE"?

I absolutely second this suggestion. One hundred percent! No more dead monster storage, FireMocha! In TeamLava games, players social rankings drop as their activity falls off, so this suggestion totally makes sense. MeisterLampee has delineated the details of its implementation quite well too. TAKE THE SUGGESTION. Put that in the next upgrade and watch the game come back to life.

New Resident
    I don't think this idea would work very well, would be easy to manipulate that kind of system. It would also be pretty unfair to players who have worked hard to get ahead, only to have crowns taken away for reasons unrelated to their level of s**** in the game. I am not one of those players just in case anyone thinks that was a selfish comment.

Executive Chef
    So if I take a holiday I end up losing all crowns

Basically gotta play 24/7

Not a practical idea

@abcdefgh987: You are so funny. Of course I have nothing agains HOPR. In fact I like his layout very much. It is well-thought-out, also how he brings distance of his towers to the archers. But he is the perfect example for what I call a "Dead Monster". I can't believe that a person which has not played for two weeks or longer can stay 2nd. So "not playing" is rewarded. I don't think FireMoka intends us not to play.

@sand: I love your "Dead Monster Storage" sign! ;-) Great that you see it like me.

@dannikay: I appreciate your opinion. We are here to discuss. But I am sure you see that something at the system now is wrong. Imagine 3 dead monsters who are sitting on rank 1-3! So those three good former players do not play anymore, but win all the rewards of the tournaments. Where's the sense of that? And this would be possible in the system we have right now. Thank god we have RedRedWhine who's a very active player. I would be so frustrated if a dead monster would be 1st.

@flowless: You know, one month is maybe a bit short. It was good for an easy example. IMHO 3 month would be a good lifetime for crowns. So with an example it would look like this: you were 3rd before holidays. Then you do two weeks nothing, and end up at rank 20. That would be fair in my view. Let me ask you another question. :-) We have two talented players who both are equally good. Their have the same lv. of defense and offense. Which one should be ranked higher? The frequent player or the one playing once a month?

@all: Thanks for the answers. I find it super interesting. All I wish is to keep this game successful and as fair as possible.