Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troop promotion

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by mackbolan View Post
    I had a couple hours to go on my Demolitionist upgrade to Level 4, and now all of a sudden I have FOUR days to go. Storm8 would never let the reverse happen and give players a break if the times were adjusted down, so why should they screw everyone over in the other direction?

Completely unfair, but completely par for the course.
    The same with my Bears upgrade. Hackers, troop upgrades, frequent crashes, no confirmations before gem purchases, and a lot of unhappy players

New Resident
    I would also like to comment on jacobvanbourne's post above. I too have spent a lot of money on this game over months and to change the rules without notice or a grandfather for those active upgrades etc is completely unjust. I too will not be spending more money on this game which makes me sad as I was okay with doing so to this point. Gem purchases should also be prompted before confirmed. Upgrading something that will hacks another to stop should also be a prompt such as the Armory upgrading and the effect on any troops currently in progress.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by mackbolan View Post
    I had a couple hours to go on my Demolitionist upgrade to Level 4, and now all of a sudden I have FOUR days to go. Storm8 would never let the reverse happen and give players a break if the times were adjusted down, so why should they screw everyone over in the other direction?

Completely unfair, but completely par for the course.
    Same thing happen to me on my level 4 bears. Lost 3 days of upgrading! The least they could do Is give some kind of warning. I'm a paying player things like this would make me rather play clash of clans

So are the new upgrade timers correct or what? Seems a little ridiculous when you can upgrade RH to lvl 10 in quicker time than you can upgrade a troop.

New Resident
    This most recent updated has been most disastrous for my upgrading. Without prior warning, I was awaiting the completion of my level four bear upgrade with only 1 day do to. I was dismayed to discover that after the updated I had to wait and additional 6 days for my bears to finish upgrading. This makes no sense to me what so ever. United that had already been paid for, should have completed under the previous time frame. Why penalize users who have already made the investment?

I would also like to add, that the massive increase in unit upgrade costs creates an imbalance in the game that favors users who have been playing for some time and already completed most of their upgrades. It seem out right unfair to all new players.

Same problem here. My archer were some hours away from upgrading to the highest level. And zzzzoooommmm... 6 days! Hello?!?

New players are penalized massively. If the game needs adjustment, than everybody should suffer the same IMHO. My suggestions:

- New players get higher costs / times -> Old players should lose a level of the same unit.
    - Same conditions for all players: Same amount of defence, army, resources and decor.

There ain't no justification for older players to have different conditions.

Sorry for the delay in responding, everyone! This is not a bug, but a change our Game Design team thought was necessary to improve the balance in the game for some of the higher level units. I've included this, and more items in our most recent patch notes. I posted it today, but the changes were applied on Monday:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....-FOR-THE-DELAY!

If you have any feedback on any of those changes, please leave them there.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    Sorry for the delay in responding, everyone! This is not a bug, but a change our Game Design team thought was necessary to improve the balance in the game for some of the higher level units. I've included this, and more items in our most recent patch notes. I posted it today, but the changes were applied on Monday:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....-FOR-THE-DELAY!

If you have any feedback on any of those changes, please leave them there.
    Er... you haven't really addressed this in the PATCH NOTES, Turtle. We'd like to know exactly what to expect in terms of the pricing and armory times for troop promotions. A list, maybe. Troop - Level - Cost - Time?
    And now, I'm gonna go there: Are all players being charged the same amount of spellstones/coins and wait times for promotions/upgrades? Or are we getting that multi-tiered, variable-rate thing you folks so often implemented in TeamLava games? Do tell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12