Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do upper level players keep their shops going???...

Rhino Keeper

How do upper level players keep their shops going???...

I've been noticing a few things as I visit many of my neighbors. There seems to be a point where people become less interested in baking and more iterested in displaying their prizes and purchased items. It seems to happen around level 70. I'm just curious about a few things.

How do you keep earning money and gems when a lot of shops only have 10 or so counters and only a few appliances?

How do you keep your foodstocks up? So many of the recipes have very low serving numbers.

How do you keep your customer numbers up if you have only a few usable tables. I know many players keep a sea of tables for tips, but only have a few with chairs.

How do you handle the goals? Many of them require wallpaper, tables, tiles, appliances, etc. Do you just buy and then store them, or do you add new sections?

As I acquire more goal prizes, I would like to display them but I don't want to constantly have to rearrange everything! Also they usually require considerable floor area. I'm currently at 15 x 18 ?nd have noticed that many of these bakeries are only a couple squares larger. I like the way many have created 'outdoor' areas that are strictly for show, but am concerned about keeping every thing in balance. I don't want to have to use real money all the time to be able to meet goals etc. I want to be able to 'earn' most of it.

Anyway, I''d like to hear everyone's thoughts.

Nightclub Owner
    As you become a higher level player the food problem switches from one of not enough to too much. I think I've just reached the stage where I've mastered all the recipes available to me. If I stop cooking I think I'll still have enough food for months. There are some players that will let there food run out then concentrate on high profit recipes like red velvet cake. There are others that deliberately clear counters with low level foods.

As for the number of tables, you only need a max of 28 (most bots you can have in your store). If you design your store so see are close to your door/s to reduce walking distance your bots will move through faster when your in the game. (Using gems to buy extra doors can help).

As for decorating got goals, I'll purchase what I need to and either leave it on display or put it in storage. I've put a lot in storage as I've keep my bakery small but a lot of it is filled with counters.
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Executive Chef
    if you run the game open overnight (to sell faster) you don't need many counters.

you need 12 tables to keep it at 100%, sometimes can get away with 10-11.

the problem here is usually overstock, not keeping the stock up))))
    nearly any dish would overstock if you place it on all 18 ovens.

goals yea, mostly buy and store for later.

Rhino Keeper
    I just saw another post about baking a high return item like Red Velvet Cake on multiple ovens so that they all fill individual counters. It said that the trick was to not have them all lumped on one counter. Why does this make a difference? I understand limiting the item I bake, as it forces it to sell, but why individual counters?

I've been trying to treat it like a real bakery and have a large variety of foods for my bots..now it seems like this isn't a good idea. What determines which foods the bots 'buy'? I've been concerned about the heart rating if food ran out. However it sounds like I WANT the food to run out , or almost run out, as long as it is a high $ yield. Doesn't the heart rating determine how many bots visit your shop? I have a steady stream of bots, but I still have a ton of food. I just hit the mid 60s level.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    As you become a higher level player the food problem switches from one of not enough to too much. I think I've just reached the stage where I've mastered all the recipes available to me. If I stop cooking I think I'll still have enough food for months. There are some players that will let there food run out then concentrate on high profit recipes like red velvet cake. There are others that deliberately clear counters with low level foods.

As for the number of tables, you only need a max of 28 (most bots you can have in your store). If you design your store so see are close to your door/s to reduce walking distance your bots will move through faster when your in the game. (Using gems to buy extra doors can help).

As for decorating got goals, I'll purchase what I need to and either leave it on display or put it in storage. I've put a lot in storage as I've keep my bakery small but a lot of it is filled with counters.
    For mastering the recipes, do you power bake, and if so, how many of the same appliance do you recommend?
    I've been trying to bake by 'cook time' so that my food doesn't spoil before I can get to it.:-) Does it count for mastery if I cook but don't serve? Doesn't it get pretty boring to cook only one or two items forever, just because their profitable?? :-?

Executive Chef
    they eat the same amount off each counter. so if you want to sell something, spread it.

you can make more coins by cooking RVC, but less gems. or you can make more gems by cooking fast food, but then make less coins (the piles would NEVER sell out, unless you plan to stop cooking for a month or so. so if you cook for gems (and therefore always overstocked) you can clear the old piles and it won't matter anything)
    mix them together (cheap food and rvc) to the desired proportion.

it actually doesn't matter in which order you cook them, because in the end you are going to get all the gems anyway.
    if you cook many dishes at once you'll be getting many gems at once, but after some time. if you power cook you'll be getting the gems one by one.

heart rating determines how fast it sells when offline.
    when online it's determined by happy and broken hearts.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nky1111 View Post
    they eat the same amount off each counter. so if you want to sell something, spread it.

you can make more coins by cooking RVC, but less gems. or you can make more gems by cooking fast food, but then make less coins (the piles would NEVER sell out, unless you plan to stop cooking for a month or so. so if you cook for gems (and therefore always overstocked) you can clear the old piles and it won't matter anything)
    mix them together (cheap food and rvc) to the desired proportion.

it actually doesn't matter in which order you cook them, because in the end you are going to get all the gems anyway.
    if you cook many dishes at once you'll be getting many gems at once, but after some time. if you power cook you'll be getting the gems one by one.

heart rating determines how fast it sells when offline.
    when online it's determined by happy and broken hearts.
    Sooo... if I bake 3 x Rvc and put it all on one counter, does it sell slower than 3 x RVC on 3 counters (assuming it's the only food available)?

To keep 100% heart don't I just need food and seating for each bot thru the door? Does it slow things down if I have extra seating? I guess it might because of the distance the bot would travel before it could sit.

Hi...I'm currently at level 70. And still baking..lol... Just so you know, I only place 5 counters in my bakery, along with 17 appliances and 42 chairs & tables. My bakery is only 12x15 squares. So, let me try to answer your question one by one.

I keep earning money & gems by baking of course. And sometime I get extra gems from installing other TL games. Well, I don't have lotsa gems, yes? I spend the gems mostly to buy parts needed for building appliances. And tips from neighbors for coins. I don't have sea of tables, all my tables are paired with the chairs. And I only have 50 neighbors.

How do I keep my foodstocks up? Hmmm..when I'm going to bake, I usually checking out the foodstock first. I'm lazy so I cook one recipe in all my appliances and also because I'm trying to mastery all recipes. Start from the basic appliances first.

How do I handle the goals? Yes, for wallpaper & floor - I just buy them & store them in the inventory for good..hehe.. As for table, chair & decoration - I usually sell them right away after the goal completed. I'm not good at decorating so I like to keep my bakery simple. It's all decorated in one theme with not too big or not too small area & it's clutter free. I sell the prize from the goal if I feel like I'm not going to use it anyway.

Soooo, that's pretty much how I run my bakery..hehe..

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by happyheartfla View Post
    Sooo... if I bake 3 x Rvc and put it all on one counter, does it sell slower than 3 x RVC on 3 counters (assuming it's the only food available)?

To keep 100% heart don't I just need food and seating for each bot thru the door? Does it slow things down if I have extra seating? I guess it might because of the distance the bot would travel before it could sit.
    if you have counters with other food and want to concentrate on sellinv rvc faster, you want to spread it over two counters. the bots eat food RANDOMLY so if you spread it out, youre increasinv your chance of selling it.

im at the beginners problem again. two counters, not
    100 hearts and i sell out everynight

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by happyheartfla View Post

If you have ten counters filled with different cakes and food and bake three stoves of RVC if you want the RVC to sell more quickly then put out three more counters and put one batch of the RVC on EACH of the three counters. As others have said the food sells evenly from the counters so the more of one food that you have spread out on different counters the more that food will sell. Since RVC has a high value and is not a high volume yielding food the more it sells is the more money you make.
    If you have one counter of RVC in your store and every other counter is empty then it doesn't matter if you spread more RVC out on different counters or if you pile it all on one counter. So long as it is the only counter with food then it will sell just as quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast