Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Delivery Income Vs Market Value

Delivery Income Vs Market Value

So I wanted to do a direct comparison of delivery income to what the default "Market Value" was of the items in the delivery.

Below are the results. As you can see, the system is horribly out of balance.

Market Breakdown
    Delivery of:

2 Scarves
    1 Bread
    2 Cocoa Beans
    2 Peppers
    1 Baked Potato

Delivery income: 142
    Delivery XP : 138

Free Market default value:
    2 Scarves 116
    1 Bread 32
    2 Cocoa Beans 8
    2 Peppers 50
    1 Baked Potato 98

Total default Market value: 304

Even if you substituted XP with coins you still wouldn't have the same value!

Why are they're no Developer reps on the forums to explain this? Why is the dev so opaque when it comes to their games? Why is this game so horribly out of balance? 8 gems for a shovel? I understand the need for income, but driving customers away with costs like this is counter-productive. You want as many eyes on your product as possible and stuff should be cheap enough to make people WANT to pay a little something. I'd rather have paid $4.99 for the full game and forget about this gem system.

That's the reason I stopped playing Jewel Mania and just bought "Bejeweled". I get far more enjoyment over a game I am not constantly asked to spend money on. As a game designer, I am consistently baffled by the design decisions that have gone into these story games.

Executive Chef
    And if you notice properly, sometimes you'll get deliveries that pay nearly half of other deliveries, with the same items! Very little income comes from the deliveries, but i do them because i want a chance at getting items - maps, building parts, tools, etc., that i cannot seem to get often enough. oh well. Makes the game a bit more slow-paced, I suppose.

Rhino Keeper
    I was going to make a post like this today. It's totally ridiculous. Tl won't address it though. They couldn't care less what we think and they're just not a fair company. I don't even send deliveries because it takes too long to make the items and not get a decent return. I sell everything in my store. The buildings are super expensive. You'd never make enough to progress just sending deliveries.

We're sorry if you're not earning enough from the Deliveries. Just to be clear, the Deliveries are meant to supplement any income made from your Shop. As you mention, the Deliveries will also yield super valuable drops! We actually just recently increased the drop rates of these premium parts, so hopefully you'll be getting more of them!

Quote Originally Posted by glimmergate View Post
    Hey olcastle, we just increased the frequency of premium parts from pets drastically yesterday, so you may not have seen the changes yet! You should start seeing some pretty great drops soon

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    We're sorry if you're not earning enough from the Deliveries. Just to be clear, the Deliveries are meant to supplement any income made from your Shop. As you mention, the Deliveries will also yield super valuable drops! We actually just recently increased the drop rates of these premium parts, so hopefully you'll be getting more of them!
    The quote you included only mentions increased drop rates of premium parts from pets. Has the drop rate also been increased for deliveries?

Executive Chef
    He said deliveries so hopefully that starts going into effect soon. I haven't noticed any improvement yet.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ginrae22 View Post
    He said deliveries so hopefully that starts going into effect soon. I haven't noticed any improvement yet.
    No, he didn't. He said the drop rates were increased and then included a quote for reference which only specifically says the drop rates were increased for pets. So I just was wondering if all drop rates were increased or, as the quote says, only the drop rates for pets.

Executive Chef
    I have seen an increase I drop rates for pick axes and permits. Thank you TL. Would love to see a few more deeds and screws if you're taking requests!

I think what TL is saying is that to earn money, stick with the store. If you want to earn some money AND get random drops and xp then do deliveries. If you want gems, some money and some random drops do train deliveries. I think the point of the game is to balance all aspects available and not focus on just one part of the game. Translated: money for buildings...store. Random drops, xp for expansions...plane deliveries. Gems and random drops for gem items and skips...train. JMHO

Sorry for the confusion! We also increased the drop rates of other premium parts, especially the expansion parts from Deliveries.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    Sorry for the confusion! We also increased the drop rates of other premium parts, especially the expansion parts from Deliveries.
    This is what I thought you meant. Thank you for clarification.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast