Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discontinued Recipes?!!

Host(ess)

Discontinued Recipes?!!

WHY do I see other bakeries baking discontinued recipes???!!! I've been seeing these for a while now.
    Just ran into a neighbor that had spider brownies baking. When I check my recipe inventory, I don't see it.
    Why do some people have these and others don't??

Grand Emperor
    They are using a Halloween 2012 version that is no longer available to download.

Host(ess)
    Oooooooh, ok. That makes sense.
    So you can keep the old versions for forever?

Executive Chef
    yes but if you are on iphone and you did the new update for ios ...too bad for us because they made it so those versions do not work any longer. I was upset to find that out, yes i like the update but I would have made some last minute old recipes before switching.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ginrae22 View Post
    yes but if you are on iphone and you did the new update for ios ...too bad for us because they made it so those versions do not work any longer. I was upset to find that out, yes i like the update but I would have made some last minute old recipes before switching.
    Even if you hadn't updated to iOS 7, you still would not be able to access the old versions. I have yet to update my ipad and iPhone to iOS 7 but I cannot access the old versions. So don't beat yourself up for not doing things before you updated because it wouldn't have made a difference. Android users still have access to the old Halloween version (and other versions) and that is why they are able to build appliances, make recipes, and purchase decor that iOS users can't.

Too bad the Halloween version isn't still available to download for android either. I'm going to never install a holiday version again lol

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kvoeller View Post
    Even if you hadn't updated to iOS 7, you still would not be able to access the old versions. I have yet to update my ipad and iPhone to iOS 7 but I cannot access the old versions. So don't beat yourself up for not doing things before you updated because it wouldn't have made a difference. Android users still have access to the old Halloween version (and other versions) and that is why they are able to build appliances, make recipes, and purchase decor that iOS users can't.
    Oh I didn't realize that. I just assumed since the pop up message said ios 7 doesn't support this version on all of my halloween and other versions. THanks for letting me know. I do wonder though why do the android users get access to the old versions and we don't ? An issue with apple perhaps? It feels very unfair just have to say it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ginrae22 View Post
    Oh I didn't realize that. I just assumed since the pop up message said ios 7 doesn't support this version on all of my halloween and other versions. THanks for letting me know. I do wonder though why do the android users get access to the old versions and we don't ? An issue with apple perhaps? It feels very unfair just have to say it.
    I totally agree, it is really unfair. I would love to be able to purchase old decor and appliances, or even to be able to purchase the appliances I didn't build from the Christmas version. I was waiting until closer to Christmas to master all the recipes from that version on the basic oven... I guess I should have known better . If I had already updated to iOS 7, I would have thought the same thing you did and I would have been kicking myself for updating before getting everything I wanted from the older versions. I just didn't want you to feel bad about updating . What's weird to me is another user has posted that they are on an iPod with older software and cannot update to iOS 7 and they can still access the Xmas version. I think that TL only took it away from those of us who are eligible to update to iOS 7 and any device that can't get that software can still access older versions (for now, at least). If anyone out there can still get on the old versions, I would highly recommend you buy and build what you want while you still can, because the chances of it getting ripped out from under you with no warning are incredibly high .

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by violet0220 View Post
    Too bad the Halloween version isn't still available to download for android either. I'm going to never install a holiday version again lol
    Really? I have a ton of android neighbors who are able to download the Halloween version from last year because I think all the new Halloween stuff was added to that version a couple of weeks ago (but I could be wrong). Have you checked Amazon and the google play store? I just did a search on Amazon and the Halloween version looks like it's still there but I don't own an android device so I don't know anything about whether or not you can download it.

Rhino Keeper
    I got the 2012 Halloween edition at the Amazon app store just a couple of weeks ago :-) It was free :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast