Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 10/17/2013 Update - Glimmergate Part 2

Rhino Keeper
    Ok. This is about the end of the line for me. I am at the stage of crafting all the feasts. I have just done some research and after this the task will be impossible. Why may you ask. Well the next step for that appears to involve mysterious venom. Well that is rarer than getting a smile from my mother in law. Second you need dragon scales. Now the real kicker sets in. At the moment I am only part way through trying to get my dragon. Up to the mirthil stage with only 2 to go. Have the wool, cabbages and long swords in stock so that is fine. However, then comes the random drops again for diamond, Golden Fleece and burning ember. Then once I finally get all that it is random again for dragon scales. So having these 2 bits going on at once has just made it impossible for me. Time to find a new game I think.

Quote Originally Posted by bowlfullofcherries View Post
    So... no glimmergate adventure at the barracks? If it's not meant to increase productivity when we explicitly need to, what's the building for?
    I've realized that the barracks contain only permanent adventures available to everyone. Only the castle has the Valentine's adventure available since anyone downloading the game after that particular update was no longer available would not have access to that adventure. The glimmergate adventures are no longer available once the quests are completed to get the hilts and blades, so those also would not be added to the barracks!

Executive Chef
    How many Glimmergate adventures has it taken people to get both the Hilt and the Blade? I have just sent my knights off for the 6th time. I got the Hilt the first time but still no Blade. I am getting worried about all this pasta the knights are eating. One of them was on the Aitkins Diet, and is not happy at all about this carb-loading!! Another has a tomato allergy, and keeps using his sword to itch himself down the back of his armour. It's getting pretty dangerous now - how much longer will this go on?!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    How many Glimmergate adventures has it taken people to get both the Hilt and the Blade? I have just sent my knights off for the 6th time. I got the Hilt the first time but still no Blade. I am getting worried about all this pasta the knights are eating. One of them was on the Aitkins Diet, and is not happy at all about this carb-loading!! Another has a tomato allergy, and keeps using his sword to itch himself down the back of his armour. It's getting pretty dangerous now - how much longer will this go on?!
    I'm in the same boat- hilt but no blade. Sent my guys out for the 4 th time this morning. Regarding your knights, tell them they can always trade their food when they're out in the glimmer wood. A friendly chipmunk will be glad to exchange a salad for the carbs.

And I got the blade on the first adventure. Wondering how many it will now take to get the hilt. No worries tho, since I will have to be collecting hundreds of times to have enough dragon scales for another part of the goal. This is gonna last til next year round Valentines or maybe even Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by SpuriousNotion View Post
    I've realized that the barracks contain only permanent adventures available to everyone. Only the castle has the Valentine's adventure available since anyone downloading the game after that particular update was no longer available would not have access to that adventure. The glimmergate adventures are no longer available once the quests are completed to get the hilts and blades, so those also would not be added to the barracks!
    I suppose this makes sense, but it's a strike against buying the building when so many are ambivalent or reluctant to pay the rather high cost. If it was a guaranteed help in every situation where doing double adventures was a plus I'd feel better for having spent so many gems on it. As it stands, for the neighbors who ask, I don't recommend they buy it except for aesthetics or kingdom completion purposes. Besides, how many players have enough resources for three adventures in two days?

Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    I'm in the same boat- hilt but no blade. Sent my guys out for the 4 th time this morning. Regarding your knights, tell them they can always trade their food when they're out in the glimmer wood. A friendly chipmunk will be glad to exchange a salad for the carbs.
    Count me three here. Frustrated that part 3 will be out tomorrow when I am stuck waiting to a randomn drop.

Does anyone know how many gems it takes to buy dragon scales? I've had the dragon since when it came out, and I have only gotten 8 scales in all that time.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by theladymorgana View Post
    Does anyone know how many gems it takes to buy dragon scales? I've had the dragon since when it came out, and I have only gotten 8 scales in all that time.
    36 gems each scale. I'm in the same boat, only 8 scales at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    36 gems each scale. I'm in the same boat, only 8 scales at the moment.
    I only have four scales and no adamant to make the bar. Going to take ages to make the bar because the dragon can't be collected from more than once a day.