Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Game Guide

Grand Emperor
    Frequently asked questions

Why Is My Food Spoiled?
    Food that finishes cooking but isn't moved to the serving counter in time will eventually spoil. The amount of time it takes for a dish to spoil is approximately the amount of time it takes for that dish to cook, so if a dish takes 1 day to cook, once it finishes cooking you have approximately 1 more day to serve it before it spoils.

Why Doesn't Espresso or Some Dishes Appear On My Oven?
    Ovens and drink mixers each make different types of dishes (for example, ovens can only make baked food). If you want to find different dishes, try to think about which of these appliances it would be cooked on and you should find it there.

Why Are Customers Leaving Angry?
    Customers will leave angry for one of 4 reasons.
    1. There are no prepared dishes for the customers to eat or drink.
    2. There is not enough sitting room in your bakery (sitting room means an empty chair facing an empty table)..
    3. The path to the empty chair is blocked by furniture or decorations.
    4. The path to the Cash Register is blocked by furniture or decorations.

What is the Holiday Box?
    Opening the Holiday Box gives you a chance to obtain items you can't find anywhere else! Tap "Design" in the home screen, then select the 8th tab (Expand).

How Do I Expand My Bakery?
    Tap "Design" in the home screen, then select the 8th tab (Expand).

How Do I Move Items In My Bakery?
    Items can be moved by opening the Design menu. Once you open the Design menu, tap on the item in your bakery that you would like to move to select it, then drag that item to the new location you would like to place it. Once you place the item in the new location, you will need to tap it again to confirm its new placement. If you try to place an item in a location that is already occupied by anotheer item, then the action will fail and it will return to its original location.

How Do I Find Items In Storage?
    When you store an item, receive a gift, or receive a special item through the Magic Box, it is placed in the appropriate category inside of the Design menu. For example, if you store a table, it will be placed in the Tables category. To place it in your bakery again simply open that category and tap or drag the item into your bakery.
    All stored items have a marker in the lower right corner along with a number signifying how many of that item you have stored.

How Do I Sell Items In My Bakery?
    If you would like to sell an item in your bakery, open the Design menu and then tap on the item you want to sell. On the right side of the screen you will see three icons: the price tag icon (marked as Sell) allows you to sell items from your bakery for a small percentage of the initial cost of that item. Tap on this icon and you will be asked to confirm your decision - doing so will sell the item. Please remember that all decisions to sell items are final and that sold items cannot be recovered.

Where can I find Storm8 Studios' privacy policy?
    Our privacy policy is available at https://www.storm8.com/privacy

Where can I find Storm8 Studios' terms of service?
    Our terms of service is available at https://www.storm8.com/terms
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-22-17 at 09:31 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Gems

How can I get more gems?
    You can get gems through the following:
    • by purchase
    • game download goals
    • collecting from gem dispenser
    • watch a video
    • mastering recipes (upon completion of levels 2 and 4 of each recipe)

Buy gems
    You can get more Gems by tapping the [Add] button next to the [Gems] icon at the top of the screen. Once you tap this [Add] button, you will be able to select from various Gem offers available for purchase.

Other games goals
    You sometimes get goals to download and play other Storm8 games in your goal list. Download and play these games to be rewarded with gems.

When you get this game goal prompt in Bakery Story, do not install the new game immediately. You should check your other Storm8 games and see they get this prompt. This way, you will get the gem/gold rewards in your other games as well.

Related topic: Gem dispenser, Mastering recipes
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 06-05-18 at 08:51 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Regarding In-App Purchases

If This Is A Free Game Why Was I Charged?
    Storm8 Studios games are free to download and play. We offer optional products through in-app purchases that serve to enhance various aspects of gameplay.

I Made An Unintentional Purchase, What Can I Do?
    For your security and protection, Apple handles all aspects of these transactions. You will need to contact Apple directly if you wish for a refund on these transactions.

I Do Not Want To Pay Money Ever. How Do I Prevent Myself From Making Unintentional Purchases?
    There is a way to restrict In-App Purchases on your device. On your device, please go to Settings Menu -> General -> Restrictions option. You can then simply turn off In-App Purchases under "Allowed Content".

Please read the Regarding In-App Purchases thread for more information.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-22-17 at 09:02 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Game Version

You should always use the latest game version as there may be fixes and new updates. Using an outdated version may cause unforeseen issues to your game.

To check for game version in game:
    Open game, go to Settings Menu and the version is listed at the bottom right of the screen

To check for game version if you can't open the game:
    Open App Store, search game name (or Storm8), click on Bakery Story app, on the left side, under the logo it will show current game version
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-22-17 at 09:01 AM.

Grand Emperor
    New Device - transfer your games

When you get a new device, you have a choice of setting a bakery on your new device or transfer your current bakery to it.

To set a new bakery:
    1. Download Bakery Story unto your new device.
    2. Start playing on your new bakery. Don't forget to set your new Storm8 ID and password.

To transfer your current bakery to your new device:
    - Perform the following instructions.

Transfer your games
    You can use the Login feature to transfer your Storm8 ID and all Storm8 games over to your new device. Please see the instructions on post 1 of the New Logon on Feature thread.

If you have issues transferring your games, you can contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and they can transfer your games.

Note:
    (1) If you are selling or giving away your old device, it is recommended that you contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and ask them to remove your Storm8 ID and games tagged to that device.

(2) Playing on devices of different platforms may cause sync errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    I am periodically experiencing sync errors. What's the problem?
    • If you recently transferred from iOS to Android, you may have some items that are not supported on the platform and appear invisible. Contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new so we can assist you in hiding those items and prevent the errors.

Maintain your device
    Remember to do the general housekeeping periodically to maintain your device for the best in-game experience. Your game will slow down when your device is not performing well.
    • Always keep the latest software version for your device (e.g. operating software and game)
    • Make sure your device has plenty of space (by clearing unwanted apps, photos, documents, etc.)
    • Clear cache
    • Disconnect and connect to your cellular or wifi
    • Restart device

Grand Emperor
    What can I do to try to resolve my game issues?

iOS General Issues
    If your iOS device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
    • Restart your device
    • Delete and reinstall the game
    • Hard restart - hold the power and home buttons, through the power off slider, until the Apple symbol appears.

For newer devices (iPod Touch 4th Gen and newer, iPhone 3G and newer, all iPad versions [possibly other devices]) - close out background running apps. Double tap the home button, when the screen raises up, hold the app until it starts shaking. Press the red minus symbol to close.

Connection Issues
    1. Force shut game
    2. Disconnect device cellular/wifi setting
    3. Switch off device
    4. Power off modem and router, and power up after 2 mins if you're using wifi connection
    5. Switch on device and reconnect cellular/wifi setting
    6. Start game

If you are using wifi, the bandwidth and number of devices connected to it are contributing factors to your connectivity performance.

Device Performance Issues
    Some older devices may have trouble keeping up with the game.
    • Clear cache - go to Safari in Settings app on iOS device and click [Clear History and Website Data].
    • Check that you have sufficient space on your device. Try deleting some unused apps/photos/videos etc if you don't.
    • Store away some (if not all) animated decorations in your bakery
    • Avoid running other apps in the background
    • Let your game settle for a few minutes (3 mins or so) after starting it, before you do any activity
    • Delete and reinstall game if the above doesn't work

Display/Graphics Issues
    • Clear cache - go to Safari in Settings app on iOS device and click [Clear History and Website Data].
    • Restart device and game
    • Storing and retrieving the item or rotating the item
    • Delete and reinstall game if the above doesn't work

Sync Issues
    Ensure your connection is good. Always fresh start your game before you do any actions to avoid sync issues. It is recommended that we do not leave our games running in the background.
    • If you discover that you have forgotten to close out your game, force shut it without doing any activity and start it again.
    • You can force save your game progress by visiting another bakery.
    • Do not leave your game immediately after your last action. Try to force save your game progress and sync with Storm8 servers before closing your game.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 05-28-19 at 10:56 PM.

Grand Emperor
    Storm8 Forum

Add Me
    You can add your Storm8 ID and find others looking for neighbours in the Add Me forum.

Discussion
    Join in the discussions with the rest of the Bakery Story community in Bakery Story | Discussions forum.
    Post any question you have regarding the game in Bakery Story: Help Me I have a Question

Please check to see if there is any existing thread before you start a new thread of the same topic, to avoid duplicate threads.

Suggestions & Feedbacks
    Give your feedback and share your suggestions in Bakery Story | Suggestions & Feedback forum.

Bugs and Issues
    Report a bug/issue
    If you are experiencing issues, you may like to
    1. contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new for more support AND/OR
    2. report in Bakery Story | Bugs & Issues forum.

If you would like to report a bug or issue, please make sure to include the following:
    1. Your device (iOS, Android, please be as specific as possible) and it's version number (check under settings-device)
    2. Your game version (this can be found on the bottom of the Help/FAQ page)
    3. A description of the problem and what you were doing when the problem occurred
    4. A screenshot of the problem if possible/applicable (How To A Post Photo On The Forum)

You can either post in one of the following:
    (i) Bakery Story: Current Bugs and Issues thread
    (ii) existing thread of the same problem
    (iii) start a new thread

Before you start a new thread, please check to see if there is any existing thread of the same problem as yours to avoid duplicate threads.

Check your game version
    To check for your device version - go to Settings, General, About - Version
    To check for game version in game:
    Open game, go to Menu, Help/FAQ - on the bottom edge of the box, the version will be listed
    To check for game version if you can't open the game:
    Open App Store, search game name (or Storm8), click on app, on the left side, under the logo it will show current game version

Forum Rules and Policies
    If you are like to know what are the dos and don'ts on the forum, please read the Forum Rules & Policies to find out more.

Forum Disputes
    Is some Admin, player mod or another user giving you "The Business"? Have a complaint? This is the place to let us know. Don't worry -- this Forum Disputes is only visible to Storm8 Staff.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 06-03-19 at 08:57 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Storm8 Support

Storm8 Support Email: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you require further assistance on your games, you can contact Support. Please make sure that you include your Storm8 ID, state which game you are having issues, description of the issues and screenshots, if any. A Support Agent will respond to you usually between 5 to 7 business days.

Submit a Support Request
    1. Click on Support link: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    2. Fill in the details in the Support Form
    3. Click [Submit] to send your request

Sign into Your Account
    1. Click [Sign in] at the top right of the Support Form screen to sign into your account
      (You'll get a pop up sign in screen)
    2. Enter your email address and password
      (Click [Sign up] if you don't have an existing account OR click [Get a password] if you don't have a password)
    3. Click [Sign in] to proceed

Check on Your Request
    1. Click on the drop down arrow next to your name at the top right of the screen, once you have signed into your account
    2. Click [My activities] and you'll see a list of your requests including your ticket number and the status of your request

Last edited by Rynetory2; 08-23-17 at 08:58 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Gem Dispenser (removed)

The Gem Dispenser gives you 1 gem every 12 hours. Tap on it to collect your gem and the timer starts to count down and you can collect again in the next 12 hours. The gem stays at your Gem Dispenser and does not expire if you do not collect from it. However it does not accumulate any additional gems until it is collected. You should collect from it as close to every 12 hours as possible to get the most gems out of it.

You can collect gems permanently from it as long as you are using the supported software (iOS 1.7.6+). It is not support on Android. Please note that you will not see your Gem Dispenser on your Android device if you are playing on multiple platforms. You will be able to see it when you return to playing on your iOS device.

Discussion thread: Gem Dispenser, Gem Dispenser Disappeared?
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-25-17 at 05:27 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Mastering Recipes

You can earn the following rewards upon completion of each mastery level of all recipes. The recipes in all appliances generally give 1 gem for completion of mastery levels 2 and 4 respectively. However some appliances have recipes which reward you with 2 gems instead of 1. (e.g. Colonial Oven, Yogurt Chiller)

How Many Cooking Sessions To Master Each Recipe?

..Mastery Level Servings Rewards
    1 (Apprentice) 8 2,000 coins, 20 xps
    2 (Line Cook) 23 1 gem, 50 xps
    3 (Sous Chef) 43 4,000 coins, 100 xps
    4 (Pastry Chef) 83 1 gem, 200 xps

Related topic: Cooking food, Serving food
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-25-17 at 05:10 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast