Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do people use two cashiers at the same time?

New Resident

Question How do people use two cashiers at the same time?

I have seen that some of my neighbors use two cashiers? For example they have a cashier at one door and one at the other door, and the 'bots' go to both. I just thought that you could only have one cashier at a time. (very confused)

Fashion Designer
    There's only one cashier that spawns at the podium automatically (male or female avatar). So for another, you have to use another character that you can buy or earned through past goals like Phoebe, 50's (?) chef, Swedish waitress, etc., then just put them behind it.

Usually you would only want to have 2 or more podiums if you have multiple entrances. It's not necessary in most cases, but helps for quicker sales since they aren't walking so far just to be seated.
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!

Fashion Designer
    Will the podiums/registers still function even with no character at them? I usually fill the spot my cashier would be at with a counter or decor item and have no trouble, but wondering, since that cashier is "automatic", if the same would be true were I to place another podium in my restaurant.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by lauraleighashby View Post
    Will the podiums/registers still function even with no character at them? I usually fill the spot my cashier would be at with a counter or decor item and have no trouble, but wondering, since that cashier is "automatic", if the same would be true were I to place another podium in my restaurant.
    Yeah, the bots will still react to them if no one is behind them, default cashier included. So if you wanted to place them directly against another object or wall, it's fine. Just so long as they can interact with the object itself. I think if you make it inaccessible to them, they will just stop at the door and still be seated. I typically don't do this, so not sure how it works exactly or if it's even recommended. Look-wise, it's just "better" to have someone behind there being the host/hostess that's helping you in the Restaurant.
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!

Fashion Designer
    Thank you. I have accidentally blocked thevpodium itself and yes...the bots stop at the door and then just leave...so they must have access to the object itself. Thank you again for answering.

Rhino Keeper
    With my two doors and two hostess tables/registers, I actually subtlety split my restaurant in two, making two separate seating sections by putting a plant or flowers in a strategic place, preventing complete access to the restaurant for my bots. This way my bots must get seated closer to the door they use for both entering and exiting. If I don't do this the bot may walk to the furthest area of the restaurant wasting time that could be better spent eating and leaving quickly, making me money. I want faster turnover of food, but some people want the bots to take a long path to get seated so they don't run out of food. What you do depends on if you have enough food or if you want more efficient seating to make money faster, and how large your restaurant is.

Another tip I learned on this forum is that if the bots have to walk at least five tiles (from the door) to get to the hostess table/ register, they will barely hesitate there, which means they'll get seated quicker, and you'll make money a little quicker than when the hostess table/register is closer to the door and it seams like they stand there for several seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieGrass View Post
    With my two doors and two hostess tables/registers, I actually subtlety split my restaurant in two, making two separate seating sections by putting a plant or flowers in a strategic place, preventing complete access to the restaurant for my bots. This way my bots must get seated closer to the door they use for both entering and exiting. If I don't do this the bot may walk to the furthest area of the restaurant wasting time that could be better spent eating and leaving quickly, making me money. I want faster turnover of food, but some people want the bots to take a long path to get seated so they don't run out of food. What you do depends on if you have enough food or if you want more efficient seating to make money faster, and how large your restaurant is.

Another tip I learned on this forum is that if the bots have to walk at least five tiles (from the door) to get to the hostess table/ register, they will barely hesitate there, which means they'll get seated quicker, and you'll make money a little quicker than when the hostess table/register is closer to the door and it seams like they stand there for several seconds.
    I'm sorry for the stupid question, but how do you get 2 doors? I don't see a door available for purchase. I was also wondering if you can change the decor of the door. It doesn't match anything in the restaurant. Thanks in advance.

Fashion Designer
    There are doors for purchase...they are considered wall decor...so inthe same tab you would find windows, pictures,etc. A new door was released in the most recent update actually..I think most are gems but don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by lauraleighashby View Post
    There are doors for purchase...they are considered wall decor...so inthe same tab you would find windows, pictures,etc. A new door was released in the most recent update actually..I think most are gems but don't quote me on that.
    Thank you for your reply. Am I the only one that does not have a door option in the wall decor store? I've checked everywhere. It's not there, even for gems. I have the latest software upgrade.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CindysTNFarm View Post
    Thank you for your reply. Am I the only one that does not have a door option in the wall decor store? I've checked everywhere. It's not there, even for gems. I have the latest software upgrade.
    Here is what you should be looking out for. So if you see the items around the door, it should be there, at least on Android (not sure if iOS format is different). If you don't see these doors and yet see the items around it, then you should probably email support@teamlava.com to see what the issue could be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast