Thread: Fishing - difference between baits

Fishing - difference between baits

What's the difference between fishing with the different baits? Are some better than others?

New Resident
    All I can tell you is that I've given up on doing anything other than dough-ball baits. Doing an anchovy bait seems to catch me nothing but another anchovy half the time, which makes it a total waste. And now that I have the pizza oven I need all my anchovy for anchovy pizzas or for orders.

Seems to be a higher chance of getting a bass with the pepper/anchovy bait, but it uses too much in the way of resources, IMO.

Fashion Designer
    I'd advise you to reserve the anchovy and spicy bait for when you see a hot spot (fish circling around) in the pond.

I've gotten 2 catfish with one anchovy bait and 2 bass with one spicy bait when i used them on a hot spot. But I don't always get 2, sometimes I just get double xp on the hot spots. I mostly make the dough baits, since it's less time and less demanding in resources.
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Executive Chef
    I only use the ball bait. I tried the others and only got anchovies so not worth it to me.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    I only use the ball bait. I tried the others and only got anchovies so not worth it to me.
    I agree. There is no deference between other bait. Same fishes you can if we use the ball bait. Why waste long time making other bait just to catch same fishes. Wew I used ball bait. Less time to craft.

Executive Chef
    Never gotten double catfish or double bass with any bait even in hotspot. Maddening when you use anchovy or spicy bait and just get one anchovy!

I have found that recently I get mainly anchovies with the dough ball, the occasional catfish and rarely, a bass. With the anchovy bait I get mainly catfish with anchovies and bass. Haven't tried the spicy bait.