Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Farm Updates?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    TL announced at the beginning of the summer that they would take the summer off from updates. They should resume updates soon. Here's a recent thread where others have asked about updates.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....re-the-updates-!
    Ups, the link takes me back here - one big circle....:-)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bbieprnc View Post
    Ups, the link takes me back here - one big circle....:-)
    That message was merged in from another thread

Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    TL announced at the beginning of the summer that they would take the summer off from updates. They should resume updates soon. Here's a recent thread where others have asked about updates.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....re-the-updates-!
    There was an update three weeks ago. I'm wondering if they just aren't keeping it up anymore.

New Resident
    My guess is they are putting all their efforts into FS2 which I hate. It is a tacky try at copying []. It is no where near as quality a product as the first version.
    Last edited by MiniLaura; 09-24-13 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Removed third party reference

Rhino Keeper
    It makes me sad that Farm Story is getting nothing. The only upside is that all the fly-by-night players seem to have bailed and I luckily have some truly lovely active nbrs.

Rhino Keeper
    I've been playing this game over a year now, but if the updates don't start back up in the next few weeks, I will delete this game. It's a matter of principle. I don't support any company that treats it's customers with this sort of disregard. Sorry.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by samizmyne View Post
    I've been playing this game over a year now, but if the updates don't start back up in the next few weeks, I will delete this game. It's a matter of principle. I don't support any company that treats it's customers with this sort of disregard. Sorry.
    I'm playing Farm Story from the beginning , almost 3 1/2 now. It is a very social, creative and not comparable game. Wonderful graphics, great socializing possibilities and features made FS one of a kind.
    This game is not replaceable, although TL maybe thinks FS 2 ( a very poor copy of another game) will take it's place.
    Like in every days life, it's so sad to see that only money counts. Who cares what the customers are thinking, feeling and wanting. Short term thinking and not listening to customers will bring poor results one day. As a quote says: Sometimes people who want more than they can handle end up losing everything altogether. Greed and selfishness will get you nowhere in life

I'm very sad dear players and neighbors. Take care and enjoy life.

Farm Supplier
    Looking at the fact that the community once was alive and posting a lot around here, we now have to face that Farm Story is nothing else but dead sooner or later. I fear the first.
    The only thing I would like to know if TL will let us play on or if they close the servers whenever they have the mood to.
    I still enjoy playing without any updates, due to the fact my neighbors are still around and playing, too.

Fashion Designer
    It would be sad either way - here you have a game that is not violent - compared to a lot of other games out there, played across generations and genders and across the globe.

And I'm still wondering why - is it $ or creativity? if it is a business model that doesn't work, is it because that the management philosophy changed when TL became Storm8? I'm sure we will never know.

Executive Chef

Farm Update 10-1-13--no update :(

Sooo... since farm updates usually come on Tuesday, and Tuesday is October 1st, we could maybe be in store for some updates.

Its officially fall, and we were promised "Mr Farmer" would be back in fall so we might be in for some autumn or Halloween updates.

Let's just hope...

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast