Thread: When posting your ID on walls...

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas

Lightbulb When posting your ID on walls...

If you use the emoji 'ID' icon, PUT A SPACE AFTER IT!

My friend was still having a problem with people not being able to add her... until this morning. Another friend revealed the culprit: Android doesn't display emoji, and the lack of a space between that icon and her ID was causing people to leave off the 'J'... because they couldn't see it. It was showing up as a blank square, just like the icon. Makes no sense, but that's what was happening.

REMEMBER THE SPACE!!!

Actually, now that I think about it, I was talking with someone else on Android just the other day about what she could/couldn't see, and any letter immediately following emoji was invisible to her. I just now made that connection, so between ANY emoji and letter, REMEMBER ALL THE SPACES!!! Or you might end up leaving people wondering just what the heck a "ister's ridal hower" is. =P
    Last edited by kooky panda; 10-10-13 at 11:17 AM. Reason: removed link

Rhino Keeper
    As usual, TinksThots is full of wonderful advice. Where were you 7 months ago when I was naming my bakery? Lol I wish I had known this before using an emoji in my name. One of my android neighbors told me my name looks like []emon instead of an emoji lemon icon followed by the word lemon. So be careful when naming your bakery and consider not using emoji at all so your name is readable by all.

Executive Chef
    It can't be that hard to just make the silly things visible... Someone should write a letter to android. I'm not doing it, my attitude will fall out.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    It can't be that hard to just make the silly things visible... Someone should write a letter to android. I'm not doing it, my attitude will fall out.
    Lol tink. Im on android and have that problem with a few nbrs. Looks so crazy and sometimes not readable.

Executive Chef
    I can't keep track anymore of who can see them and who can't, so I started using character faces instead, from the Japanese keyboard I found out I have. ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ As far as I can tell, everybody can see them, & I've memorized most of the ones I like so I just type them in now instead of switching keyboards & hunting for them lol. {*^_^*}

Rhino Keeper
    I can't keep track anymore of who can see them and who can't, so I started using character faces instead, from the Japanese keyboard I found out I have. ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ As far as I can tell, everybody can see them, & I've memorized most of the ones I like so I just type them in now instead of switching keyboards & hunting for them lol. {*^_^*}
    You are so smart! I am totally going to start doing that

Nightclub Owner
    I don't see anything at all on some walls with my android phone. Just blank spaces followed by a comma, semi colon or colon and every now and then an apostrophe.
    Great advice Tink.

Executive Chef
    Now if we could just inform all the emoji addicts who never use the forum... =P

Rhino Keeper
    Now if we could just inform all the emoji addicts who never use the forum... =P
    Haha exactly. Majority of my neighbors don't even read their walls. So I can only assume they don't bother with the forum.