Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Searchable Restaurant Story Recipe Database now Online!

Rhino Keeper
    I added a new database page, called Gift Chart. The link is at the top of the Recipe database page (see first, Post #1 for that original link).

Basically its a list of all the Gift parts currently in Restaurant and Bakery Story. It will display what appliances that each gift part can be used for. It will also show if the appliance is currently removed or a Goal appliance (both Removed and Goal can be filtered with a checkbox). It will also show what parts are used for Floor Decoration parts (Bakery Story only).

I'm in the habit of accepting all parts, but always decline food (because I'm greedy and want parts that might be useful in future; food only last a few minutes, parts are forever

This chart should help you quickly identify if a part is worth accepting or what parts might be good to send neighbors in general. Since you only get 20 gifts per day, make sure you get/send the best ones After accepting quite a few parts for Removed Appliances (Bat Air Freshener for example), I decided to make this chart to avoid that. Hopefully you will find it useful, too.

To Do List: Appliance Parts List chart. Yes, I know there are many appliance parts charts floating around, but I'm hoping to make something a little more unique with extra features that others do not have (cross referencing to other pages on site and other bells and whistles).

Happy Baking!

edit(KP) added to post 1
    Last edited by kooky panda; 10-20-13 at 07:51 PM.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    That was my idea... XD Nice job making it all fancy tho. =D

Rhino Keeper
    I did add an appliance chart yesterday. Not quite what I envisioned, but its a start. Will try to make the table look less cluttered and add some more sorting/display features later. Links to all 3 pages (Appliances, Recipes, Gift) are now on top of all the pages, so just look at very top, of any page, for any new links.

For now, it just a generic table. But you can click appliance names (links) and show those specific recipes (hard to tell those are links, but they are).

To Do List: Add some cookies, so that subsequent visits to recipes page, will repeat your last search (so you don't have to keep reselecting: Sort List By, ASC/DESC, checkbox filters (Hide Goal/Removed), etc. Maybe later, ADD option to create/save/name Custom Searches (and display your saved List in a pulldown menu).

Rhino Keeper
    Lots of tweaks, features added, since my last post, to all of the pages. Hopefully you've all noticed some of them. In the meantime, I'm still slowly adding screenshots of the plates (when you hover the recipe icon). But that's just a 'bells and whistle feature', low priority. Accurate data is more important.

I have recently realized that some non-goal appliances have different levels of recipes assigned to each appliance.

in example: Lvl 29 Drum Set Oven. Which includes recipes: Lvl 29: Hi-Hat Pizza, Lvl 30: Tom-Tom Cake, Lvl 31: Tambourine Pizza.

It seem most, not all, normal appliances do not unlock all recipes at the same level you can create the appliance.
    In other words, if you create an appliance 2,3 or more levels past when they become unlocked, you wont notice. They would be all be available if you create it a few levels past when it was available. But if you create the appliance, at the exact same level, you might notice only one recipe is available. Another one next level, and another one the level after that, etc.

I would like to make the database as accurate as possible and fill in (correct) these minor details amongst the various appliances/recipes.

In the past 2-3 weeks, I have made sure I created appliances the instant (the level) was unlocked to me, so I could see what level individual recipes were unlocked as well (if applicable).
    I didn't do this early on and missed quite a few. Its too late to go back.

So I'm asking if anyone who is still lower level, could try to create the following appliances as soon as they are able (same level they become unlocked) to make them.
    These appliances, I would like to know what level each recipe displays (only if you create the appliance the exact same level they become available to you).

All of these have more than one recipe, I've excluded appliances with only one recipe; the level of the recipe would be the same as the level the appliance is available.

This is the list I have not personally verified. I'm lvl 45 both RS and BS currently. Anything below lvl 45 listed below, its too late for me to check. Any appliance after level 45, itsn't listed because I will be sure to make/verify the appliance/recipes when I get to that level.

Restaurant Story:
    12 Sushi Counter
    13 Food Replicator
    14 Steampunk Oven
    19 Fusion Sashimi Block
    20 Asian Fusion Cart
    24 Tiki Oven
    26 Juice Machine

Bakery Story:
    10 Three Bears Oven
    10 Deep Fryer
    10 Treat Dispenser
    16 Big Apple Oven
    17 Espresso Machine
    20 Frozen Drink Machine
    22 Shaved Ice Maker
    23 Clay Oven
    24 Candy Oven
    24 Pancake Griddle
    26 Fruit Juicer
    28 Italian Oven
    32 Autumn Oven

So if what I'm asking is still confusing, then lets take Lvl 12 Sushi Counter as an example. There are 6 recipes for this appliance. The appliance is unlocked at lvl 12. But there is a good chance only 1-2 recipes will be available at lvl 12. Maybe 1-2 more at lvl 13, and another 1-2 unlocked at lvl 14, etc.

The appliances I have verified will display the correct levels to each recipe. The above list, however, I have not verified. For now, every recipe (in the above appliance list) will have currently display the same level that the appliance is unlocked (thats what I want to fix/update)!

So please post a list of the above appliance (that you can verify) and the level each recipes is unlocked.
    Again, you would have to be the same level the appliance is unlocked and make the appliance the same level to find this information

An example posting I am looking for would be:
    20 Asian Fusion Cart

Lvl 20 BBQ Short Rib Tacos
    Lvl 21 Banh Mi Burger
    Lvl 22 Yakisoba Dog

The above is an example of what it could be, that's the info I'm looking for!

Thanks in advanced

Farm Supplier
    Thank you!!!! This is fantastic! Can't wait for the bakery. I use the the ones on inventory page a lot! Now I use yours. Much better version.

Rhino Keeper
    Hi guys!

Been a while since I posted, but this project is still alive and kicking. I have been slacking and slower on updates a bit since January due to real life. But still managed to get them all done.

I've spent most of today auditing all the appliances and recipes. It seems TL has been making some older Goal appliances available to purchase. I seemed to missed all of this. So those appliances are no longer marked as Goal and display the correct level need to purchase them.

So I'm pretty confident that the database is 99% up to par. I want to say 100%, but I'll leave a margin of error

Happy Baking,
    Mike
    Mike's Place - Recipe database for Bakery & Restaurant story.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpguy32 View Post
    Hi guys!

Been a while since I posted, but this project is still alive and kicking. I have been slacking and slower on updates a bit since January due to real life. But still managed to get them all done.

I've spent most of today auditing all the appliances and recipes. It seems TL has been making some older Goal appliances available to purchase. I seemed to missed all of this. So those appliances are no longer marked as Goal and display the correct level need to purchase them.

So I'm pretty confident that the database is 99% up to par. I want to say 100%, but I'll leave a margin of error

Happy Baking,
    Mike
    I'm in awe and agog at this database! Wonderfully packed with info yet so simple to use. Looking forward to accessing it regularly. Kudos and many thanks, Mike!

Rhino Keeper
    Hi Gang, another status report...

Well, let me first apologize I have not updated the database since June 14, 2015. There have been quite a few monthly updates since then that I've not updated. I've spent this entire weekend and been updating the database. Restaurant Story is now 99% up to date (I'll leave 1% for margin of error, but not likely; wink wink). Bakery Story is another story (no pun intended). Thanks to Kim (Sehana@Supreme Dynasty) and the author (I apologize I don't recall the name) of the Restaurant Story Blog (you know who that is, I'm sure) I've been able to recover fairly painlessly. Bakery Story is going to take more than a weekend to recover, but it will be updated over this upcoming week, slowly.

I've never given up on the game or maintaining the site, but let me explain what his going on in my life (pull out the violin).

First, I've taken on the role of secondary developer on a MMO thats been around since 2003. I won't mention name as this is not the appropriate forum. This has taken some time away, but I can multi-task pretty well.
    Second, since early 2015 I've converted my Story game playing from an actual android phone over to the Andyroid android emulator (play android on pc, basically). When Windows 10 came out in July ish, this broke the emulator. I love windows 10 so much, that I did not want to go back to Windows 7. So only recently has Andyroid started working again (they moved from Virtual Box to VMWare platform) and now everything is working lovely again. So I can start playing and updating again.

Thanks for you patience and Happy Baking!
    Mike's Place - Recipe database for Bakery & Restaurant story.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sharpguy32 View Post
    Hi guys!

Happy Baking,
    Mike
    I have to.say this is an absolutely AMAZING thing you have done. I'm sure it has taken an immense amount of time. Just wanna say how.much I appreciate it. I've seen others have complimented you as well, but you can never show someone too much appreciation when they do something good. I have a question, it relates to goal recipes I was not able to complete because of "life," do they ever recycle goals? My son calls me a perfectionist, I have to complete side missions, get max stars on lvls, etc. for all games I play. Just the way I'm built, so it makes for some time consuming game play. Otherwise I feel like I didn't "complete" the game. Her my goal is to get 4 stars on.all appliances, not repeat ones, just originals. So I have my list I keep track of my recipes/appliances which have 4 stars. So the ones that I didn't get 2 open all recipes, because I wasn't able to complete the goal in time is driving me CRAZY!!! LOL I've been playing about a hear, so I didn't know if I would get a chance to re-read some of the goals I.couldn't complete. Just a question, not sure if you know the answer, but you seem pretty on top of things. Thnx again sooooo much 4 the recipe lists, & advance 4 any info you can give me ;-)~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123