Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Barracks

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpuriousNotion View Post
    I was taking my time with this and decided today was the day I was going to spend the 300 gems for the barracks. Five minutes ago I look and, to my horror, see my cost had gone up to 360. I'm now going to do some serious consideration if its important to me to have this thing, more from a matter of principle than an extra 60 gems. I haven't posted often and never a complaint on the forum before as I approach my own one year anniversary with this game, but this actually made me mad!
    I had the same issue but I was definitely going to buy it at 300, Had 299 gems didn't want to buy one more as I had quests and the purple cow, Got that 1 gem, went back 360... That Sucks... Guess now I will have to wait and decide.. I don't like the arbitrary changes I think that if they are going to have different prices they need to set the price and then have limited time offers to those that the want to give it to, this is what stores do all the time (ie coupons) but the think is it has to be known that it is limited and you are supposed to have an expiration. I'll admit I benefited from a couple of the cheaper buildings than others but those also changes IE my first Wizard school was 200 my second cost me 300 but I never did get the top 350 on that one (it is now at 200)(I think those were the numbers i paid). Im wondering if after the temporary quest line dies the price doesn't go back to 300 for all as I believe the wizard school is now standardized.

Host(ess)
    I much rather get an extra kitchen then get the barrack. Barely have enough to go on daily quests.

Executive Chef
    I can earn enough food for sending knights on 2 adventures paralell. Playing daily.

I gave in and bought the barracks but only because they had a sale on gems!

Rhino Keeper
    So the barracks task expired and the quests still appeared. Was rather pointless them adding it in the first place, not much need to send out on quests more than once a day anyway.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JayUK69 View Post
    So the barracks task expired and the quests still appeared. Was rather pointless them adding it in the first place, not much need to send out on quests more than once a day anyway.
    I disagree, adventures are your best bet into getting things like royal animals and burning embers (If not the only way since gem animals prices are ridiculous), for me that is totally worth to send my knights out of my kingdom instead of having them chilling in my tavern with thurston being equally useless

Quote Originally Posted by JayUK69 View Post
    You can do the quest by sending knights from queens court. Then you need to cook stew.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    You can do the quest by sending knights from queens court. Then you need to cook stew.
    That's why I said it was pointless as we can do the tasks without it. Unless you're one of the lucky ones who get rare drops from the quests often, then there isn't much point in sending knights out twice a day. Mine very rarely drops the odd gem or two and even rarer any royal animals etc...

I'm glad I didn't waste gems on another dud building. Learned my lesson from the fortune teller tent, which the only good drop was 5 gems. Won't waste any more gems unless it's on something worthwhile.

Rhino Keeper
    IMHO, I think buildings that require me to spend gems in order to purchase them SHOULD NOT require additional items to build them. Does that make sense?? I swear it sounded better in my head. Lol!!!

For me, the Barracks costs 360 gem. So, TL wants me to spend 360 gems for the Barracks, craft additional items to build it, but then reward me with only 6 gems when I complete the goal?? Um, I don't think so!

I don't create enough enough food/feasts to go on more than one mission a day, sometimes not even that, so i didn't purchase the barracks. I'm happy with the stuff i get on those adventures and don't really need more. I am happy that the quest line continued even though i didn't buy the barracks.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast