Thread: How long before crops wilt?

How long before crops wilt?

I know this May sound stupid but I've never known how long after a crop is ready before it wilts? For example, the pineapple has a one hour growth period how long before it wilts? One hour? Or more?

Executive Chef
    Double whatever the crop time is so pineapple would wilt in 2 hours.

Executive Chef
    However, the very short time crops give you a longer grace period. The five-minute strawberries wilt in half an hour (I think) instead of 10 minutes.

Fashion Designer
    I honestly never pushed pass the same amount of time it takes them to mature, because after that it gets little fuzzy. And of course don't forget trees and flowers never wilts.

Fashion Designer
    I thought it was 1/2 the time the crop grows - so a six hour crop would wilt in three hours. Do I really get 12 hours after ripening before a 6 hour crop wilts?

Fashion Designer
    It is little more than it takes for it to ripen ... but I just never experimented how long. So for 6 hour crop it is 6+ ....just don't know how much more over.

Executive Chef
    It is exactly what cherryberry says for MOST crops: Crops wilt in double whatever the time is for the crops to mature.
    A one-hour crop will wilt in two hours after planting
    A six-hour crop will wilt 12 hours after planting.

The exceptions are very short-term crops (one that take under 30 minutes to mature), flowers, and trees.
    Very short term crops give you the time needed to grow + 30 minutes (I think!)
    Flowers and trees do not wilt.